THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Matters of general interest
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."routing for the tower"

Postby BeanCounter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:19 am

You guys should've been at ML this morning..there was such a gorgeous Cobra in the circuit :wink: :wink: :lol: Conversion done! (^^)
And a bonus, I happen to page through the bookings and saw I still have a CC slot booked for tomorrow. So if the weather behaves we'll head out to Harties.

I'll be at ML again on Saturday; Bundy - hopefully to fly along with you for a bit and then bucket & sponge for some serious trike washing.
ZU - KBP Cobra

Time spent flying is not deducted from one's lifespan
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:05 am

Well done Jaco. You still haven't told me what was wrong with your engine?
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:06 am

Bundy wrote:Pics???

No Picture no proof :lol: (^^)
Attachments
Blue sky.jpg
Blue sky.jpg (3.27 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
irenehawk
Pre flight checks done

Postby irenehawk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 am

What a beautiful PIC!!
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

irenehawk wrote:What a beautiful PIC!!
PM me and I will send you the original high resolution version. :lol: :lol:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:39 pm

BeanCounter wrote:You guys should've been at ML this morning..there was such a gorgeous Cobra in the circuit :wink: :wink: :lol: Conversion done! (^^)
And a bonus, I happen to page through the bookings and saw I still have a CC slot booked for tomorrow. So if the weather behaves we'll head out to Harties.

I'll be at ML again on Saturday; Bundy - hopefully to fly along with you for a bit and then bucket & sponge for some serious trike washing.
I saw you this morning in the circuit. Well done man! (^^) That Cobra flies like a rocket!! Was perfect weather this morning. Flew to Boronkies and stopped of at Zynkraal on our way back. It was the first time with a pax since the prang. I must say, DBP feels much more stable with some weight. Was great this morning.

Hey Paul, I am sorry to hear about your trike been grounded man. Tell you what, right it off and rebuild her like we did :lol:
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:14 pm

BATELEUR wrote:Hey Paul, I am sorry to hear about your trike been grounded man. Tell you what, right it off and rebuild her like we did :lol:
Thanks Stef, I can't afford that sort of make over. She should be fixed by this weekend. -0< Sounds familiar hey. (**) These trikes are like babies, you have to keep on stroking and nurchering them or else they start crying, OR is it just my trike? And this attention costs lots of MONEY. ## I always wondered what caused all the wailing in the hanagars with the dust covered rotting away aeries. :lol: :lol:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby BeanCounter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:41 pm

BATELEUR wrote:I saw you this morning in the circuit. Well done man! (^^) That Cobra flies like a rocket!! Was perfect weather this morning. Flew to Boronkies and stopped of at Zynkraal on our way back. It was the first time with a pax since the prang. I must say, DBP feels much more stable with some weight. Was great this morning.
Sorry Stef, I clearly didn't recognise the DBP call-sign otherwise I would've at least said hello. I bought the plane almost 5 months ago but this morning was the first time I ever flew her, pax/pilot. Safe to say I was a little distracted! ## Now that I know how the buttons work I'll def join you next time you fly to the dam (^^)

Speaking of Zynkraal - Klipkop nature reserve (I don't know if it has official status) is a stone's throw away from there, are there any min alt rules to fly over it?
ZU - KBP Cobra

Time spent flying is not deducted from one's lifespan
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:36 pm

No prob. I saw you where very busy up there.

I don’t know if there are any limits over Klipkop. I don’t think it is an official nature reserve (could be wrong). Lets go fly low over those Blesbokke and see if anyone through us with stones! Will meet up with you soon at ML.
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Hey you bunch of FABA's (^^)

I think its very rude to go flying without me :( I'm only slightly green :twisted:

Well done on the conversion Jaco (^^) Must feel great to finally fly your Cobra...you will develop a very close bond with your plane. It's unique to the WCM world because when we fly we actually feel part of the aircraft. May you have 1000's of happy flying hours mate! ENJOY! vhpy Take small steps as Fanie says :)

(There are of course consequences to owning a faster aerie than we have....as I've explained to you :lol: )

WRT Nature reserves...unless they are clearly marked on the aeronautical map, minimum altitudes do not apply. There is a Reserve on the South side of BHS dam though but it's small and easy to fly around. If in doubt, stick to 1500ft agl.

Mulder...if that pic was taken from the ground I'm pretty sure you broke the 7600ft limit and were somewhere in the Troposphere :twisted: :lol: Jy gaan pakslae kry! :lol: ^ The International Space Station is an object in space...not a destination! ##

Nice to see you guys having a jol. (!!)
Damn...I need an altitude fix (!!) Miss my plane vhpy
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:11 am

BeanCounter wrote:Speaking of Zynkraal - Klipkop nature reserve (I don't know if it has official status) is a stone's throw away from there, are there any min alt rules to fly over it?
About 2 months ago while overflying that area at about 600ft AGL and looking at the bokkies, some guy in a bakkie stopped and started taking pictures of me. He had a massive lens on his camera (that is why I could see he was taking pictures), like the ones used by the proffesional photograpers (500mm). I must admit it made me feel uncomfortable. I just wrote it off as him wanting pictures of a microlight flying over his game farm? ##

Mr. Bundy, jy gaan wegwaai hierdie naweek. Take your tie downs with you! :shock:

Hope to get AMH fixed today. This truck strike might just delay delivery from Durban. Fill up you car....I had to go looking for one yesterday that still had diesel. :shock:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
KlapperKnop
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby KlapperKnop » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 am

Paul, flying tomorrow morning at 6am if your spat is fixed??
ZU-DJE
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 am

Fiezel, Will try my best.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:24 am

Just been informed, won't be fixed by tomorrow. Pitty.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Mulder...spats dont create lift? Why is that keeping you on the ground? Haal die blerrie ding af :lol:

Had to can my Standerton trip...Asterix forgot the schmuck! :wink:

Weather forecast looks flyable to me for Sat? So...here's a suggestion.

Dawn TO, pack some sammies and coffee and route North for Savannah Game Lodge. (S 25 24'22.67" E 28 33'48.30")
37NM. We fly into the wind and have a nice "tailie" home. If wind too strong then we can just land at JAG instead?

See you guys on Sat. (^^) (!!)