Mock Exams

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
phislett1
Ready for the first flight

Mock Exams

Postby phislett1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:55 am

Does anyone have any mock exams or some sort of guide that can help me understand what to expect for my upcoming exams?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Philip
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Mock Exams

Postby nicow » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi Philip,which license do you do?
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
phislett1

Postby phislett1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Weight-shift Microlight- Aquilla
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:18 am

There's no mock exams available for the new exams,but I can sent you some from the old system.Sent me your email address,and I'll try to mail it to you.From which school are you flying?
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
RV12
Survived second engine out

Postby RV12 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:17 am

I did NPL (LSA) a few years back. PM me your email address and I can try to email you some practice questions.
RV12

Postby RV12 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:08 pm

nicow wrote:There's no mock exams available for the new exams,but I can sent you some from the old system.Sent me your email address,and I'll try to mail it to you.From which school are you flying?
Nico, when exactly did the "new" exams take effect ? - Jan 2015
Last edited by RV12 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZU-BZZ
Looking at the sky

Postby ZU-BZZ » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Goeie naand Nico,
Ek het onlangs begin trike vlieg. Ek wil graag verneem of daar darem n Lys van boeke is wat ek kan gaan kry om te leer?
Op die oomblik lys dit my Mara nog biettjie duister oor uit watter handleiding n mens moet leer.
RV12

Postby RV12 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:02 pm

phislett1 wrote:Does anyone have any mock exams or some sort of guide that can help me understand what to expect for my upcoming exams?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Philip
http://www.swales.co.za/products.html

and

http://www.sapilot.co.za/courses/national/
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:09 am

Hi Philip and ZU BZZ,

When I did my training (2010-2011) I used a book by Brian Cosgrove which was given to me by the ATO...but I would recommend you download the FAA Weightshift Control Handbook. FAA-H-8083-5
It's too large to e mail to you (63MB) but you can download it here: :)

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policie ... s_manuals/

It's in colour with lots of pics (for dummies like me) and very useful!
Just ignore the "Airlaw" parts as you need to download those direct from CAA's website.... We have different Reg's to the US! :wink:
Most Pilot shops sell a CARS summary (Little red book) which is nice to keep with you but it's important to note that a lot of Airlaw is omitted from the summary so it's a good idea to have the full version on file as well.

Sorry but I don't have any of the "mock exams" for WSC Microlight....prob deleted them after I passed? ^ (^^)
phislett1

Postby phislett1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Thanks for the help all! Much appreciated. I will be going through all the mock exams suggested and downloaded the FAA manual that Bundy linked me to!

Cheers!

Philip
rcbgreen
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby rcbgreen » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

I passed my exams about 18 months ago using the Swales Mock Exam application to test myself. They worked brilliantly for me and I still use them to make sure I have not forgotten all my theory. But I am puzzled why no-one mentioned them - are they no longer valid?
Rob Green
ZU-DMB Raptor
ZU-BWT Aquilla
ZU-TLV RV12
Bullseye
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Bullseye » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Ek het swales mock exam gehad n jaar terug en dit het goed gewerk, so 2 maande terug dit vir n vlieg vriend geleen wie sy lisensie wou hernu, hy het beide vakke ver gedruip, en my meegedeel dat die eksamens baie verander het.
The Sky is not my limit, it is my playground!!!
JohnnyBravo
Looking at the sky

Postby JohnnyBravo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi Philip,

Be aware that the RAASA exams have apparently been "upgraded" since 2015 to get inline with standards. Who knows what that means? This I believe has caused a substantially higher level of exam casualties. Although I would strongly advise that you get as much mock exam question practice as you possibly can, you can not assume that it by any means, gives an indication of the level of skill required to pass. NOR are the mock exam questions identical to the real thing anymore.... or even remotely close, for that matter.

At one stage I was led to believe that the Weightshift Control Handbook. FAA-H-8083-5 and the Brian Crossgrove book mentioned above together with the Jim Davis book, would be all you need to pass.That may have been the case in the past but in my opinion,that is SO not going to be enough anymore!! Maybe its just because I hate failing which makes me over study or that Im just plain DOFF, which makes it difficult to get stuff through my thick skull but. I really dont think its a walk in the park like some people have told me. Maybe with the exception of one or possibly two subjects. (which I will refrain from telling you just in case I motivate you to under-prepare.)

I think you would be well advised to get the AVEX books for PPL so that you can study each subject and KNOW it before doing mock questions to check how well you know your subject.
https://avexaironline.com/p/44783/1pplset

Good Luck s023
DU TOIT
Heard about flying

Postby DU TOIT » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Goeie dag, ek is baie bekommerd oor die aviation law exam...waar kan mens mock exams kry nou blykbaar het die hele eksamen verander as iemand weet in watter opsig en doen jy dieselfde as ppl as jy mpl doen? :roll:
DU TOIT
Heard about flying

Postby DU TOIT » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:00 pm

nicow wrote:There's no mock exams available for the new exams,but I can sent you some from the old system.Sent me your email address,and I'll try to mail it to you.From which school are you flying?
What is the meaning of new exams i mean aviation law stays aviation law for example?