Flying Competition MICROLAND postponed to 9 & 10 March

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
JCH
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Re: Flying Competition MICROLAND postponed to 9 & 10 March

Postby JCH » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:09 am

Weather forecast as at 7am on Friday morning.
Attachments
Weather9-10Mar.jpg
Sat & Sun 9-10 Mar Forecast
Weather9-10Mar.jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
JCH
"The more you practice the luckier you get" - Gary Player
ZU-FDA
ZU-FVX
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:08 am

Thanks for the briefing last night Hendrik & Mervin (^^)

Saturday looks good vhpy but Sunday AM..aai tog ## Lets see what happens on the day...but no one is going to tell me to fly. ^
Attachments
WX.jpg
Microland Weather
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 am

What a FANTASTIC experience this was!!! It is intimidating at first, but as soon as you are in the air for the first task, it becomes an adventure of note!!! What I have learnt in these two days is unbelievable!! The thought of going up in Sundays wind made me want to KOTS, but we did it and it was very doable! Deadstick/forced landings at 13:00 in the afternoon, bring them on, we are not scared!!
Shit guys, you need to all join the next one. It really gives you a new perspective on Microlight flying.

Thank you to Mervyn, Skin and the entire team, you did an outstanding job. I did not realize the amount of work and cash that goes into planning and running a competition.

Dudes, let me tell you, Skin, Greg and the other boys can fly!! I stood watching them in awe while they performed their tasks with absolute precision. Watch out though, us novices will be comma charging. Congratulations on your achievements this weekend!!

Check this chop (Greg), you wouldn’t say he could fly. HE HE !

Ons eie Tail-winders, Paul en D. WELL DONE!! Julle is ons champs, first place in the novice class. Julle het gevlieg soos PRO’s.

James (Astrix) very kindly donated this amazing trophy. It is a floating trophy and is now with the Tail-winders, anyone want to try and take it from us? Start practicing dudes, we can fly here at Microland!!
Attachments
IMG-20130310-00722.jpg
IMG-20130310-00723.jpg
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:51 am

Paul and D. I cant seem to get the photos of the trophy being handed over to you uploaded. SMS me your email address and I will send the photos to you, maybe you can get them posted. Put them up in BIG LIGHTS on the Microland forum as well.
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm

BATELEUR wrote:Paul and D. I cant seem to get the photos of the trophy being handed over to you uploaded. SMS me your email address and I will send the photos to you, maybe you can get them posted. Put them up in BIG LIGHTS on the Microland forum as well.
Hi Stef, I can only echo your sentiments about the weekend. I must say it takes it out of you. Poegaai when we got home after 7 on Sunday evening.

It is a fun event regardless of you position on the leaderboard. And the experience you gain is irreplaceble. It shows you how much fun it can be to fly just on a map and a stop watch amongst some CB's. I will approach my next sorty very differently. Maybe just peg a couple of darts in the map and go to each of them using just the map. ($$)

Thanks to Merv and the other organisers and helpers. Talking to Merv on Sunday afternoon, it takes a lot of time to organise, setup, run, and close an event like this. Also, a lot of money. Thank you to MISASA who generously sponsored some of the stuff and of course to James. Pap en ribbitjie koning and for sponsoring the trophy and all the help in and arround the lapa. (^^) (^^) Thanks to the ribbon holders, Pieter and James. Julle ouens kan vinnig duik ne. Also, thanks to oom Paula and Pieter for all the jokes and lekker K@@k praat.

Will definitly be at the next one. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks Stef for the pictures. Check daai rooi wangetjies. Die son het ons deur die visor gelooi. ##
Attachments
Trophy.jpg
Trophy
Stef & GB.jpg
ZU-DBP Stef & Gerard
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Jetman
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Jetman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 pm

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for a FANTASTIC flying weekend. Thanks to all the new competition pilots, you all did exceptionally well.

Thanks Mervyn for everything....good nav tasks...good weather calls....challenging task around the deck and very quick scoring results.

Last but not least, I want to thank my "LOVE BIRD" for being so reliable. You did what you do best....FLYING beautifully. You are real champion my girl. Love you lots!!!

Cheers
Hendrik Loots aka Skin
Attachments
My Love bird.jpg
ZU-FDE Apollo Delta Jet
ZU-IHK Sling
ONE LIFE....LIVE IT
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 pm

"Last but not least, I want to thank my "LOVE BIRD" for being so reliable. You did what you do best....FLYING beautifully. You are real champion my girl. Love you lots!!!"

get a ROOM skin !!!

vhpy vhpy vhpy

Was a great morning on saturday - came through with gaylord and thatch and we had a lekker time watching the okes.... and a lekker breakie (thanks mr and mrs croc) - all the lads flew nicely and seems like lots of fun had by all///

well done to all involved in the organisation
RV9
DISH
JCH
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby JCH » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Some photos taken during the competition.
Attachments
MLComp 016a.JPG
Skin
MLComp 016a.JPG (69.32 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
MLComp 021A.jpg
Paul Mulder
MLComp 023.JPG
Stefan
MLComp 023.JPG (85.33 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
JCH
"The more you practice the luckier you get" - Gary Player
ZU-FDA
ZU-FVX
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:43 am

Thanks for an awesome event (^^) (^^) (^^)

To all the pilots well done and congrats to the winners (^^) (^^)

Special thanks to Mervyn who clearly have more energy than the energizer bunny ## ##

Camping whas definitely worth it for us and little Lienke and Taylor loved it ## even when AJ's tent was almost blown over Saturday night :lol:

Also to the marshals and Asterix the braai master (^^) (^^)

I will post some pic's later
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:45 pm

vhpy
Ja, baie dankie aan almal..
Mervin is n champion...en as dit nie vir sy leiding en aanmoediging was nie het ons almal seker Sondag uitgeback om te vlieg in daardie weer..!!!!!
Ek het weer agtergekom daar is n klomp nice ouens wie aan hierdien sport deelneem.
Pelle wie jou help....ander wie jou aanmoedig....ander wie sommer net n klomp geld spandeer en met ribbetjies, pap en bier daar aankom vir almal om te geniet.!!!
Dankie manne, dit was lekker om saam met julle te kompeteer....Julle is regtig baie goeie pilots om bo my te kon eindig.!!!!
(^^)
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm

What a Starter's Masters! (I think this should be held by default at Microland every year from now on!) ##

Even though I could not fly, what with the Witchy Woman's private wingparts stripped bare @Jenya's for topless conversion, I really enjoyed the weekend from the perspective of being involved "on the ground." And it was so nice to see all my chommies from down there in Gauteng again - we really are a BIG, widespread family. vhpy

Congrats Paul! (^^) And thanks for keeping the "Misasa Starter's Masters - Best Novice" trophy at Microland - my flying home - as first time winner! (Remember to get your little name shield done and nailed into the base - your name and year of winning, please?)

The idea around this trophy is not to necessarily have it awarded to the pilot with the best over all score. The initial idea behind the Starter's Masters in 2009 when first introduced was to get "newbies" to enter, in preparation for the Gauteng Championships. During the latter, there is no leniency for late arrival at the deck, incorrect joining overhead etc. etc., and it becomes VERY competitive without laughter and jokes or any help from your fellow competitors - so it can become quite intimidating for a new guy. So my idea with this trophy was to have it awarded annually to the best novice - pilot, who dare to take the step into competitive flying in a more lenient environment, namely the Starter's Masters. This competition is designed to introduce you to competition flying, but with a little help, advice and some leeway.

The winner of this floating trophy will be determined annually during the Starter's Masters, in the discretion of the Misasa director of comps - currently Mervyn. So you can participate and win it, even though the guy with the biggest score is an "old-timer" - he does not qualify. ## :lol:

I hope that this trophy will accumulate a lot of new names over the decades of flying stretching before us, and will become something for aspiring comp. pilots to compete for! (^^)

Mervyn - YOU ARE THE BEST!! ## ## ## xxx
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks Asterix. Don't forget Dionne, my star navigator. (^^) (^^) I promise you, without her it would not have been possible. xxx

Now you know why AMH won. We were the only
Asterix wrote:"novice pilot"
competing. The others were all
Asterix wrote:"old timers"
:lol:
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria