Boerie roll at Goose's place 12 Jan.

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
thys bas
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Re: Boerie roll at Goose's place 12 Jan.

Postby thys bas » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Goose wrote: Dalk kan Thys vir ons n goeie woortjie doen by die ATC hy ken hulle goed( Baas Thys kan ons op jou knoppie drik vir daai een ) Ek stel voor julle nader my "Goose Pond" van die noorde af.
OK Goose, sal met Wonderboom ATC praat en ons kan hoor of hulle 'n spesiale prosedure kan voorstel. I'll find out what we can do to keep the area safe and post the procedures here on Microlighters.

Everybody must please be aware that there are fixed entrance and departure points to and from Wonderboom into The Pretoria General Flying Areas to the north and east of the CTR. Two departure points from Wonderboom, depending on which runway is in use, routes North. The one is 2 miles west of the Power Station and the other is two miles East of the Power Station. The entrance point to Wonderboom from the North is Via the Power Station, with the Reporting point 2 miles North of the power station. Goose's Place is about 1 miles East of the Power Station, just inside the CTR on the GF1 border, at about 3800 feet MSL on the Wonderboom QNH. (Wonderboom is at about 4100' and the circuit at 5100' for the main runways 11 and 29, is to the north of Wonderboom, well clear of Goose). The CTR is large to the East, almost to Cullinan, and IFR traffic uses that side the most, with VFR traffic to and from the east, below them. On the West Rosslyn is the point to enter the CTR. Wonderboom's tower frequency is 118.35MHz and that of Pretoria GF1 is 124,4MHz. Please note that it is illegal to enter controlled airspace without clearance. If you do, an indecent could be filed against you.

But fear not, the Wonderboom ATC's are the best (^^) and I am sure a safe way into and out of Goose's Pond can be found.

Please watch this space. vhpy
thys bas
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby thys bas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:28 pm

I spoke to the acting-head ATC as well as the Controller on duty Saturday morning, and a very easy and practical procedure is required by them.

As mentioned in the previous post, Goose's place is inside the Wonderboom CTR and we have to comply with the rules regarding operations in controlled airspace. The airport and it's airspace "belong" to the City of Tshwane and as such, the Airport Management needs to be informed as well. This said, it is just a formality to keep the airspace safe. It can become very busy in the CTR and everything possible must be done to keep it safe. I'll talk to the Airport Manager to inform him about our plans and the procedure set out by ATC.

As far as costs are concerned, Airport Management has assured me that no billing is done for overflights, that is traffic talking to ATC but not landing at Wonderboom. (^^)

OK, Here is the procedure you as a pilot have to follow.

Never enter controlled airspace without clearance, this is very important. So check your map and see where the boundries of the CTR are. If the Tower Frequency (118.35) is busy and you don't get a chance to transmit, orbit outside the CTR until you get a chance to talk, or fly around the CTR.

If your airfield is South of Wonderboom and you wish to fly through the CTR, no problem, just tell them. Report at Mamelodi 5000' or below, give your registration number, number of people on board, departure point and destination "Goose" or "private airfield east of Rooiwal Power Station". They will clear you through the CTR, give you QNH, advise on other traffic, and ask you to report at Roodeplaat Dam 5000' or below. As soon as you reach Roodeplaat, report your position. They will ask you to decent to 4600' and report at Petro-port. From there you will be asked to maintain 4600' and report 2 miles out from Goose. Then your final report to Wonderboom, 2 miles out, and they will tell you to land at Goose "own discretion" and enjoy your breakfast. xxx Please remain on the Wonderboom Tower frequency 118,35MHz.

Pilots flying in from the West, North and East are not going to go through the Wonderboom CTR and do not ask for clearance for overflight as above. BUT please give the tower a courtesy call by giving the same information as above when you are 3 miles from Goose. Maintain 4600' through General flying Area 1 please, and transmit on the standard frequency as required in the GF 124,4 MHz. Only change to Wonderboom 118,35MHz when 3 miles out, then remain on the Wonderboom Frequency.

The main concern is having many aircraft concentrated in a small area which is directly in line with departure and arrival routes to and from Wonderboom. Fixed wing traffic will be routed over us at 5000' or above and choppers must know about us since they are often on the same altitude. :shock: Hence the importance of your courtesy call, to get QNH and traffic info, and for them to know about us.

Please keep the frequency non-congested and open for the Wonderboom traffic. Keep a listening watch and keep your eyes open. After your final talk to Wonderboom keep quiet and land. NO RUNWAY INSPECTIONS PLEASE. If you have to do a go-around for safety sake, OK. But stay below 4600'. We land from North to South if the wind allows. Remember the unmarked power and telephone lines as Goose warned. Gooses altitude is 4000' on the Wonderboom QNH.

Departure will be from South to North and we tell ATC AFTER DEPARTURE what our intentions are so they can give us Info and warn other traffic. We do not ask Wonderboom for departure clearance 'cause they can not hear or see us when we are on the ground at Goose's. If you want to route through the CTR, ask for clearance as above. If routing through the GF tell them that you are changing to 124,4 maintain 4600' until more than 3 miles away from Goose's. Then normal GF procedures

Please fly safe and be careful. And please enjoy the morning with Goose and Co. Many thanks to Goose and Mother Goose (oops :shock: ) for the invite (^^) (^^) (^^) . And thanks to Wonderboom ATC for easy procedures (^^) (^^) (^^) .

See you there.
Last edited by thys bas on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thys bas
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby thys bas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm

If you have a question about the procedures, please contact me on zero 8 three too 6o8o60 or he Tower at 01254314o2 or PM Goose (^^)
thys bas
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby thys bas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Please note that the altitudes mentioned above are not the standard reporting altitudes, but altitudes for this breakfast only. vhpy
thys bas
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby thys bas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Goose, ons sal 2 manne wees asb.

Dankie vir julle moeite, ons sien uit na 'n lekker oggend.
Goose
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Goose » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Dankie Thys jy is n ster (^^)

Dit klink vreeslik maar dis baie maklik :wink:
As jy van die Suide af kom praat met WBoom hulle weet waar jy wil heen gaan.
Van die Noorde nog makliker (^^)

Hier is n paar fotos van die baan
Attachments
G1.jpg
G2.jpg
G3.jpg
G4.jpg
G5.jpg
G6.jpg
G7.jpg
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Hans, ons sal so 6 wees van Kroon.
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Goose
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Goose » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Hier is n foto met kragdraad gemerk (**)

Goed so ver het ons:

Cup = 2 Thys en Space boy
Tbird = 1 Andre
GT =1 Tribel croc
Kroon = 6 Manne
X-Air = 1 Rotorsrule

Groete
Goose
Attachments
G8.jpg
Last edited by Goose on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rotorsrule
First solo

Postby Rotorsrule » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Ek kom deur van Petit met X-AIR,

Sien baie uit daarna!!! (^^)

Dankie vir die moeite!!!

Wessel
(Gaan probeer om n Springs tjom saam te sleep)
Last edited by Rotorsrule on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thys bas
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby thys bas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Dankie Hans,

Ek het jou ge-cc in my epos na Peet. Gaan kyk of dit OK is met jou. Ek sal hom more oggend bel en bevestig.

Het jy wragtie in die hitte gaan vlieg vandag :shock: :shock: :shock: Ek is bly die aanloopbaan is nog steeds so krom soos 'n piesang :lol: :lol: :lol: Onthou om die hek oop te maak asb :wink:

Die Wonderboom ATC is steeds sterre soos altyd. Hulle het als mooi en maklik gemaak en wil graag dat ons die dag geniet.

The wind is expected to be from the East at about 3 to 5 Knts, bringing in slightly lower temps. Max temp expected at 29 degrees and Density Altitude about 6500' , partly clouded. Lekker!

Hoe se AVGAS? Gooi Mielies!! AVGAS, bring jou BB :wink:
thys bas
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby thys bas » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Goose, are there telephone lines along the road crossing our approach (north)? How wide is the gate opening in the middle of the runway? Is the fence a standard 4' fence or 8' game fence?
Goose
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Goose » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 pm

thys bas wrote:Goose, are there telephone lines along the road crossing our approach (north)? How wide is the gate opening in the middle of the runway? Is the fence a standard 4' fence or 8' game fence?
Daar is geen telefoon drade meer nie, Lands burgers het daarvoor gesorg :lol: :lol:
Die hek is 15m breet Baas Thys en hy is 100m van die einde van die baan af (S) en dis n 4' heining
Die plaas heining aan die noorde kant is ook 4'
Goose
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Goose » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:01 pm

thys bas wrote:
Hoe se AVGAS? Gooi Mielies!! AVGAS, bring jou BB :wink:
Lyk nie hy wil by ons kom draai maak nie :mrgreen:
Rotorsrule
First solo

Postby Rotorsrule » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Van hoe laat tot hoe laat is die invlieg tyd? vhpy
Goose
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Goose » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Rotorsrule wrote:Van hoe laat tot hoe laat is die invlieg tyd? vhpy
Ek sal reg wees met die Boeries net na 6 (^^) .