Vryheid fly inn / Sling demostration

Upcoming flying events, fly-ins, airshows, flights etc
attaltitude
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Vryheid fly inn / Sling demostration

Postby attaltitude » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Mike Blyth and James Pitman have recently returned from their very succesful trip to Oskosh in their locally built Sling , this aircraft will be in Vryheid on the 28 th November to be demonstrated to all interested . This is a excellent opertunity to view this aircraft and to speak to the builders .
The Vryheid wings club will be holding a breakfast fly inn on the same day , this is a beutifull airfield with a very nice clubhouse , so please come and enjoy the day here with us .
crazeeflya
Signed up at flight school

Re: Vryheid fly inn / Sling demostration

Postby crazeeflya » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:40 pm

We have received a lot of positive feedback and expect quite a few aircraft to fly in to Vryheid on the 28 th of November to see the Sling and enjoy a real '' boere breakfast'' .

The programme for the weekend looks roughly as follows .

Friday night: We will have some braai packs availible at the club for sale and some salads .

Saturday morning: We will start serving breakfast from half past seven ( R 50 - ) , we are expecting Mike Blyth to arrive early the morning to give all interested enough time to view the aircraft and go for a flight , refreshments will be on sale throughout the day from the clubhouse .

The Vryheid gliding club will be operating from 12:30 onwards offering air experience flights for R 200 to all interested .Saturday night the we will be watching the Boks taking on the Irish at the Club and will also be preparing food . ( R 75 -00 per person - Chicken flaties , beef , salads ... etc )

Sunday : Gliding club will be operating from 10:00 weather dependant ...

For arrangements of accomodation or transport from the airfield or any further information please contact me on 082 8747 697 .

Kind regards

Mornè Strauss

Accomodation in Vryheid - +_ R 250 per night - give me a call i myself and some members will have space availible .
Shongalanga lodge 034 982 2086
Oxford lodge 034 380 9280
Mountain view 034 980 1199
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:16 pm

So, who's going?
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Pat Two
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Pat Two » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Would love to go! It's my old home town, anyone have a spare seat?

Prepared to pay my way.. Ciao J
Jaco P.
crazeeflya
Signed up at flight school

Postby crazeeflya » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Spoke to Mike Blyth yesterday, he confirms planned eta of 0800 local time Saturday.

We have confirmation of aircraft flying in from Paulpietersburg, Ladysmith, Newcastle, Liteflight, Pietermaritzburg and further afield. Please call/mail Morne to confirm attendance.

See you there.
Craig