GEO Suzuki G13BB

Nacho
Survived second engine out

GEO Suzuki G13BB

Postby Nacho » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:47 pm

This looks like a viable option. Suzuki has been manufacturing engine for MANY years. To give you an idea of pricing:

G13BB Low mileage* 16valves SONS Multi Point Injection converted and ready-to install (Included gearbox, light models of alternator and starter, flywheel, in-tank gas pump, ignition coils, reinforced Electronic Control Module, Complete electric wiring with all necessary sensors, engine mount brackets (L-bar and 4 Barry-style silentblocks each side), 3 light aluminum hard anodized pulleys, about 95 HP US$7895

http://www.airtrikes.net/engines.shtml

I started to use 4-stroke Auto-Moto engines for aircraft in early 90-th. These engines have never been “alternative” for me. Many people interpret that to mean weird, more complicated or lesser way for builders who cannot afford to buy “good & proven Rotax 912S". I never considered them only as "cheap" way of aircraft engine development. Automotive companies spent hundreds of million dollars for their new engines. We all know about serious competition in this industry for the last decades. As a result, even being less expensive because of mass production, modern auto engine is way more advanced. It is a pleasure for me to design new conversion systems and fly them.
There is a lot of experience in converting of Subaru, Honda, Chevy, Nissan, Kawasaki, BMW and other engines but light and small GEO-Suzuki G10, G13 and G16 are the most interesting engines for me as Weight-Shift control aircraft (trike) designer, builder and pilot. G10 with stock fuel injection has about the same HP as popular Rotax 582 model. Trikes with G10 have good flight performances with significantly lower flight hour cost. G10 Turbo, G13BA and G16B have about the same power as Rotax 912, 912S and 914. But my favourite engine for trikes for the last several years is G13BB. Different trikes were built and supplied to customers with these engines. I test fly every one by myself. Years and hundreds of flying hours without major problems.
The GEO-Suzuki has its advantages, as does the Rotax 912. My opinion as an aviation engineer and pilot, and the opinion of many builders and pilots who have tried both Air Trikes conversions and 912 engines is that our GEO-Suzuki conversion in many aspects is the preferable choice.
WvB aka Nacho
wvbosch@gmail.com
ZU-FFS (-)
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: GEO Suzuki G13BB

Postby nicow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

I'm also waiting for a price from them....
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Nacho

Postby Nacho » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:51 am

Send me your email address. I will forward it to you.

wvbosch@gmail.com
WvB aka Nacho
wvbosch@gmail.com
ZU-FFS (-)
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:00 am

Please publish price or is it secret?
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:15 am

Nacho wrote:Send me your email address. I will forward it to you.

wvbosch@gmail.com
Mail sent (!!)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:40 am

Dankie,mail gekry.
(^^) (^^)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
mono
Looking at the sky

Postby mono » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:34 am

Nacho wrote:This looks like a viable option. Suzuki has been manufacturing engine for MANY years. To give you an idea of pricing:

G13BB Low mileage* 16valves SONS Multi Point Injection converted and ready-to install (Included gearbox, light models of alternator and starter, flywheel, in-tank gas pump, ignition coils, reinforced Electronic Control Module, Complete electric wiring with all necessary sensors, engine mount brackets (L-bar and 4 Barry-style silentblocks each side), 3 light aluminum hard anodized pulleys, about 95 HP US$7895

http://www.airtrikes.net/engines.shtml

I started to use 4-stroke Auto-Moto engines for aircraft in early 90-th. These engines have never been “alternative” for me. Many people interpret that to mean weird, more complicated or lesser way for builders who cannot afford to buy “good & proven Rotax 912S". I never considered them only as "cheap" way of aircraft engine development. Automotive companies spent hundreds of million dollars for their new engines. We all know about serious competition in this industry for the last decades. As a result, even being less expensive because of mass production, modern auto engine is way more advanced. It is a pleasure for me to design new conversion systems and fly them.
There is a lot of experience in converting of Subaru, Honda, Chevy, Nissan, Kawasaki, BMW and other engines but light and small GEO-Suzuki G10, G13 and G16 are the most interesting engines for me as Weight-Shift control aircraft (trike) designer, builder and pilot. G10 with stock fuel injection has about the same HP as popular Rotax 582 model. Trikes with G10 have good flight performances with significantly lower flight hour cost. G10 Turbo, G13BA and G16B have about the same power as Rotax 912, 912S and 914. But my favourite engine for trikes for the last several years is G13BB. Different trikes were built and supplied to customers with these engines. I test fly every one by myself. Years and hundreds of flying hours without major problems.
The GEO-Suzuki has its advantages, as does the Rotax 912. My opinion as an aviation engineer and pilot, and the opinion of many builders and pilots who have tried both Air Trikes conversions and 912 engines is that our GEO-Suzuki conversion in many aspects is the preferable choice.

We offer factory NEW Suzuki G13B/B engine with forget crank, H beam con rods and Mahle pistons, forget alloy flywheel with inbuilt torsion springs, (Turbo version 135HP) either upright or slanted to 60 degrees, a dedicated ECU (no car ecu) and propose made wire harness with a dedicated bell-housing and hydraulic clutch and 3 PSRU and 1 belt drive available wet under 90kg ply and plug under USD 10.000 depending on options. Contact our agent Craig at Flying Frontiers in Durban for more info.
http://www.subaruair.com.cn/engines.asp ... &cl=002002