Ingwe Flyers to Lekoa Lodge

Post your intended route just in case
Louis Cole
Whats the right frequency?

Ingwe Flyers to Lekoa Lodge

Postby Louis Cole » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm joining 3 or 4 Ingwe trikes to Lekoa Lodge tomorrow morning From Aero 57.Take -off from Jakkalsdans at 05:10 where I'll meet the gang at 05:30 and on to Bapsfontein via the Pinedene route to Springs, Nigel, Balfour and Lekoa Lodge .We're planning to visit the Vaaldam, overnight at Lekoa Lodge and back home on Saturday morning. Weather looks fine and looking fwd. to a 2 hour trip.
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
25 52.869' S 027 54.940' E
(http://www.opencockpit.co.za)
"Reach for your dreams"
Louis Cole

Re: Ingwe Flyers to Lekoa Lodge

Postby Louis Cole » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:47 pm

My apologies to the Aero 57 trikers as it turned out that the pilots heading for Lekoa Lodge were not from Ingwe but all from Aero 57.I took off from Jakkalsdans at 05;05 in perfect weather and found Marius, Paul and Karel furiously doing last minute checks on their trikes at Aero 57. We had a smooth flight to Lekoa Lodge and landed 1.6 hours later where we taxied through a cattle gate and down a long dirt road to the lodge to check in. We left almost immediately for the Vaaldam past Villiers and landed on an unknown rwy. next to the dam and also at Oranjeville. On the way back we decided to see if we could land on a dirt road at the Ultra city at Villiers to refuel for our return trip the following day. After a few low level passes we decided to give it a miss as the wind was starting to pump seriously. We were quite happy to land at Lekoa Lodge at about 11:00 after a good workout. The youngsters had plans to fly again later in the afternoon but after a serious chat with Charles Glass and Rickey Louw we were easily persuaded to call it a day and relax with a beverage or two whilst waiting in vain for Flo and Stevie to arrive in their GT's. It was left to the four of us to hold the fort. A friendly neighbour offered to take us to Villiers for fuel and we reciprocated with a promise of a flip the next morning before we left.

We got up at 04:00 on Saturday morning to pack and pre-flight only to find it quite misty and the QNH 1008.after waiting it out for a while we took off and flew back into a head wind for most of the way. We encountered some uncomfortable turbulence at Dunnottar and landed at Petit where we were met by Andy and Hugo who generously offered us coffee, rusks and fuel. After some more rock & roll stuff the guys landed at Aero 57 2.37 hours and I landed at Jakkalsdans a further 15 minutes later. What an awesome way to end 2012. Maybe Paul and Marius can posts some pictures.
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
25 52.869' S 027 54.940' E
(http://www.opencockpit.co.za)
"Reach for your dreams"
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Ingwe Flyers to Lekoa Lodge

Postby Loco » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:51 am

Sounds like an amazing trip very jealous (^^)

Pics pretty please :)
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/