How Many AP's required

Post your aviation law questions and queries here and forum members who work at the various bodies can answer them
Jakes N
Found a flight school

How Many AP's required

Postby Jakes N » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi Pilots

I have heard recently heard that when one remove your wing/s to transport your plane, you need 2 A.P's done before you are allowed to fly it again.

It does not sound right though.

Who can tell me what the rules are regarding this ?

tx

Jakes
justin.schoeman
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: How Many AP's required

Postby justin.schoeman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Jakes N wrote:Hi Pilots

I have heard recently heard that when one remove your wing/s to transport your plane, you need 2 A.P's done before you are allowed to fly it again.

It does not sound right though.

Who can tell me what the rules are regarding this ?

tx

Jakes
Any work done to primary flight controls, Two APs need to sign it out. One does the assembly inspection, and the other cross-checks.
lamercyfly
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: How Many AP's required

Postby lamercyfly » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:21 am

Good day folk.

This law is a lot of croc. But yes, as with many other laws that weight shift microlights should be exempt from, this law exists.

It is not enforced, because CAA realise it does not apply to weight shift microlights. That by their very nature they are designed and meant to be broken down, as with a hang glider, for transport.

Fortunately the insurance industry also turn a blind eye to these insidious laws.

But, and here is the but, WHY DOES RAASA NOT GET RID OF THESE LAWS!!!!

It is a simple exercise. Just read through the laws, page by page, make notes of these laws, and in one simple application to CARCOM, amend the CAR's. I have done the reading. It does not take a rocket scientist, or a legal person, to read..it takes standard 5 plus the will.. it appears our regulatory body lacks both..

Regards.
David Daniel
Email: lamercyfly@gmail.com
Mobile: +27 (0)746495744