CAA Directive - RSA PAD No: 13-002

Post your aviation law questions and queries here and forum members who work at the various bodies can answer them
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

CAA Directive - RSA PAD No: 13-002

Postby Loco » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi guys, can the experts please tell me what this will mean for my trike that was manufactured in 1999 & who will do these inspections (& cost)?
PAD 13 002-1.pdf
(31.99 KiB) Downloaded 1661 times
Thanks!
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
justin.schoeman
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: CAA Directive - RSA PAD No: 13-002

Postby justin.schoeman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:00 pm

It seems airframe inspections become due at 25 years (2024). Engine will be timex every 12 years - so it will require an overhaul.
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:27 am

Just another attempt by CAA to make blanket regulations that further push up the price of GA and thus put another nail in the coffin...

You cant make one rule to suit all aircraft...this will affect TCA's mainly as most of them are over 25 years old.

Only the manufacturers of an aircraft should be dictating when, how, and why inspections like this should be carried out on their relavant aircraft. All of which must be based on sound data and visible stats.

The CAA has no stats...and structural failure makes up a pittence of known aircraft accidents.

Me thinks a few AMO's got together and convinced the powers that be that their expensive equipment needs more work! :evil:

I highly doubt this one will get through...it affects way too many pilots and would not be good for anyone in my opinion.

The ARO's have been asked for comment...., the EXCO is waiting for further information as to the implications on NTCA's. Rowena will make representations to AeCSA from Misasa's side, so please forward your Comments to her asap.
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:50 am

Bundy wrote:Just another attempt by CAA to make blanket regulations that further push up the price of GA and thus put another nail in the coffin...

You cant make one rule to suit all aircraft...this will affect TCA's mainly as most of them are over 25 years old.

Only the manufacturers of an aircraft should be dictating when, how, and why inspections like this should be carried out on their relavant aircraft. All of which must be based on sound data and visible stats.

The CAA has no stats...and structural failure makes up a pittence of known aircraft accidents.

Me thinks a few AMO's got together and convinced the powers that be that their expensive equipment needs more work! :evil:

I highly doubt this one will get through...it affects way too many pilots and would not be good for anyone in my opinion.

The ARO's have been asked for comment...., the EXCO is waiting for further information as to the implications on NTCA's. Rowena will make representations to AeCSA from Misasa's side, so please forward your Comments to her asap.
That's why we are members at MISASA (!!) (^^)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
PeterGrant
Signed up at flight school

Postby PeterGrant » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:09 am

Howzit,
This is probably not an issue for Aquila's, I do not know about other makes

CAA Document
2. Frequency of inspections:
2.1 The appropriate visual and if required NDT method of inspection is to be performed at twenty five years from date of manufacture on aircraft in normal categories. This only applies to aircraft that does not have a continued airworthiness program or aging aircraft program as mentioned above.

Aquila Manual
After the first 1000 hours the entire undercarriage and wing must be stripped down for a complete inspection of every part.
There is also a table showing the retirement life of critical parts some starting at from 1000 hours.

Going by the Aquila manual there is an aging aircraft inspection and parts replacement recommended program already in place.