Challenger special clipped wing AFF(FOUND!!)

Microlights, gyro's and other aircraft for sale
Rynovdz
Signed up at flight school

Challenger special clipped wing AFF(FOUND!!)

Postby Rynovdz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi all, I am urgently looking for a specific challenger 2 special "clipped wing" AFF, I did a number of hours on it, actually got my license on it, it was the last plane I flew, and that was over 7 years ago, I have been trying to find it to make an offer but to no success, please, if anyone knows where it is please let me know, my number is zero 74 nine 4 two, nine 1 8two. Whatsapp or call please. :cry:
Last edited by Rynovdz on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Challenger special clipped wing AFF

Postby Dish » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:01 am

I owned AFF between 2007 and 2008 - I think I may have sold her to you - was an awesome little airie. When I owned her she was blue and white, I think the colour scheme changed to yellow if I'm not mistaken >?? Sorry cant offer insight as to where she is but hope you do find her, she was a great little machine.
RV9
DISH
JvTonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby JvTonder » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 am

I know off two challangers that is standing in Andre Maartens hanger at Petit, one blue and white the other yellow. Don't know type and if it's for sale but both need work.
Flying feeds the soul!
Rynovdz

Postby Rynovdz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:43 am

Dish wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:01 am
I owned AFF between 2007 and 2008 - I think I may have sold her to you - was an awesome little airie. When I owned her she was blue and white, I think the colour scheme changed to yellow if I'm not mistaken >?? Sorry cant offer insight as to where she is but hope you do find her, she was a great little machine.
Yes I remember flying her from Rhino park airfield to my father in law's place in Babsfontein, I did my licence on AFF and eventually brought her to Ellisras where me and my father flew her for quite some time, best challenger ever, my father did the yellow spray job on AFF but it is not the one in Petit, My brother in law was there and he said that is not AFF.. I really wish I could get hold of her. Brilliant plane. (!!)
Rynovdz

Postby Rynovdz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm

Good day all, I have some excellent news people, after over a year's search I finally found AFF, she is in the custody of Willie Du Plessis, but in bad shape I'm afraid, she obtained some wind damage and is disassembled, I'm going to do everything in my power to get her back, even if she is in rough shape, I thank those who started the search with we, the search is over (^^) vhpy
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Challenger special clipped wing AFF(FOUND!!)

Postby Dish » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 am

Hey!!! Congratulations man. I'm pleased for you. Post a few photos and keep us in the loop on the fix... is she for sale ?? stick a new motor on her, bit of spit and polish and take to the skies. Think about going back to the original colour scheme>>?? she was a little rocket !!
RV9
DISH
Rynovdz

Postby Rynovdz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 am

Dish wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 am
Hey!!! Congratulations man. I'm pleased for you. Post a few photos and keep us in the loop on the fix... is she for sale ?? stick a new motor on her, bit of spit and polish and take to the skies. Think about going back to the original colour scheme>>?? she was a little rocket !!
Hi Dish, thanks, I will post photos soon, she is for sale and I am definitely going to get her back, like I said previously, she is in rough shape so I'm going to have quite a bit fun to get her back in the sky, she's currently in Bundufly inn estate, spome to the current owner yesterday (2018/01/31), busy making plans to buy her back. Very excited!! (-) (!!)
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:38 am

I want to see her back to white and blue...:) she was super pretty then !!! enjoy every moment and post post pics. If you don't want to do them on the forum I will send my private email add,
RV9
DISH
Rynovdz

Postby Rynovdz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Dish wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:38 am
I want to see her back to white and blue...:) she was super pretty then !!! enjoy every moment and post post pics. If you don't want to do them on the forum I will send my private email add,
Hi Dish, no problem, send me a PM and I'll share some images, I bought AFF back this past weekend of the 4th Feb, and it was from the person who my father sold her too in 2008, I dont know what they did with AFF but saying she is in bad shape was an understatement :cry: I called the previous owner, he denied crashing AFF, but no one else flew her. long story short, she needs a lot of attention and a HUGE money injection to be fully restored, plus both carburetors is stripped off from the 582 she had on, the previous owner knows nothing that the carbs are of, even the person who housed AFF for the last few years cant say where the carbs are. but at least she is in good capable hands now, just a matter of time before she gets back into the air.
She was pranged and left for over 9 years :x
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 am

Hi Rynovdz or anyone that knows

Please tell me ... I am 6ft 4 and I was wondering if such a tall guy like me will fit into a challenger comfortably or not?
I have been toying with the idea of getting one but am not sure if I will fit into it.
julietgolf
Heard about flying

Postby julietgolf » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:42 pm

The last time I flew her was on 3 July 2007 before we sold her. Cannot remember the person who bought her but we heard that she went through a fence when she had an engine out. I have all the pics where we rebuild her in 2005.
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:50 am

yip, 6"4 should fit reasonably comfortably. I'm 5'9 and had plenty of space. what do you weigh ?
She was a lovely little airie when I owned her. I was very pedantic about keeping her clean and happy although at the time at Rhino park, she lived behind a hanger door that was pretty close to the MX parking lot. so every ounce of dust they kicked up found its way onto AFF. Cleaning was an ongoing exercise. I have very fond memories of the fun we had at Rhino. Being there at 06h00 on a freezing winters morning. Busy circuit buzzing with microlights and then a good old braai after the flying. Agent Cooper, Braam, RudiX and a good few other lads. Good times. I remember Andre who had a meercat with a little leather waistcoat, naughty little shit.... so was the meercat... yup, all fond memories from 12 years ago. ;)
RV9
DISH
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 am

Hi Dish

6'4 and 120kg. Not fat just well built. Trained with Alex Rudd at Rhino for a while on Aquilla 582.
Would love to get a Challie. I am down on the coast.
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:58 am

You're a big unit !! Theres a nice challie for sale at Panorama. At the coast you should have no issue at all, should perform like a fighter jet. check avcom and see if you can find it. will stick my feelers out as well.
RV9
DISH
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:56 am

Thanks Dish

So I can safely assume that I will Fit in a Challie no problem?