Magni M16 - SOLD!

Microlights, gyro's and other aircraft for sale
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Magni M16 - SOLD!

Postby greg vos » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Magni M16 - no accidents or hard landings.
I am the second owner and it has been very well looked after.
It has two Icom 200 radios, Garmin 196, DC H1310 ANC headset included, extras are Cessna type fuel drain, wheelan strobes, quick release fuel coupling for filter replacement,rear seat upholstery, Flightcom intercom, PA86 blu tooth phone adapter, Davtron temp gauge/ timer, New Rotor head installed at 1000 hours and new rod ends.

The craft has 1080 hours (1260/TBO) but extended to 2000 on condition, (this issue has been activly debated on avcom under my thread http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 1&t=160073 this aircraft has done very few hours with a pax and therefore the engine has not worked very hard.
Cosmetically it looks new, Im a rather pedantic owner. The blades have some slight paint pitting at the outward 30cm (normal for a machine with this hobbs) no hanger rash!
Asking R280 000.00
Reason for selling, Im considering an enclosed M24 not selling because there is any issue with this machine. The craft is hangered at FAFK and is always covered with factory covers (also included) any interested parties can please mail me: gregvos7@gmail.com
I can demo the machine any day as long as its not before 12 :lol:
Last edited by greg vos on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
Horned Adder
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Re: Magni M16

Postby Horned Adder » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Good price! Where are the guys who want a cheap gyro??
To fly is Heavenly but to Hover is Divine!
nomie
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby nomie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:23 am

Horned Adder wrote:Good price! Where are the guys who want a cheap gyro??
Well cheap is relative of course :wink:

Has the special 1000 hour inspection, crankcase replacement, plug screw replacement, electric fuel pump replacement, test run, etch been performed in order to comply with the Rotax requirements to increase the TBO to 2000 hours?

I am very interested in this Gyro but also very scared of all the costs that might appear in 120 hours...

regards
Horned Adder

Postby Horned Adder » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:32 pm

nomie wrote:
Horned Adder wrote:Good price! Where are the guys who want a cheap gyro??
Well cheap is relative of course :wink:

Has the special 1000 hour inspection, crankcase replacement, plug screw replacement, electric fuel pump replacement, test run, etch been performed in order to comply with the Rotax requirements to increase the TBO to 2000 hours?

I am very interested in this Gyro but also very scared of all the costs that might appear in 120 hours...

regards
Its a 180 hours :twisted: vhpy
nomie
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby nomie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Yaaa I just went with the official numbers on the Rotax website.

The 914 with serial number below 4,418.103 actually had a TBO of only 1000 hours.
This could be extended to 1200 hours if certain tests and mods was done.
Then even later you could extend it to 2000 hours if some even more extensive tests and mods was done.

Would love to know how one gets a 1260 hour TBO, is it like missing a car service? :P

But anyway a lovely gyro wish I have done my gyro license already! :cry:
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby greg vos » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:28 pm

nomie wrote:Yaaa I just went with the official numbers on the Rotax website.

The 914 with serial number below 4,418.103 actually had a TBO of only 1000 hours.
This could be extended to 1200 hours if certain tests and mods was done.
Then even later you could extend it to 2000 hours if some even more extensive tests and mods was done.

Would love to know how one gets a 1260 hour TBO, is it like missing a car service? :P

But anyway a lovely gyro wish I have done my gyro license already! :cry:
This one is 1200 + 5% as per rotax, considering the issue is now at Ap discretion it can easily do 2000 hours I know of older machines that have a 1000 hour TBO that have not been opened and have 1700 hours on them vhpy ...but I also know of newer engines that have been fiddled with that are giving trouble at 500hours
so now you understand the 1260 hours thing :?: copied comments from one of the posters from the avcom debate vhpy to safe you reading all 8 pages

1. SA-CATS 44 Maintenance rules – Non-Type Certificated aircraft

3. Engine overhauls
(a) Engines and engine components may be overhauled at the recommended times indicated in the latest revised issues of the Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins and Service Letters, as applicable, or as and when their condition shows that it is necessary to keep the aircraft serviceable.

2. PART 44: MAINTENANCE RULES – NON-TYPE CERTIFICATED AIRCRAFT

(3) Where the manufacturer’s instruction or recommendation has not been complied with, such components or equipment must be overhauled as and when their condition shows that it is necessary to keep the aircraft serviceable.
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
gyropilot
First solo

Postby gyropilot » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:08 pm

sad to see it go Greg :( had a lot of fun flying in it with you.
FAFK - ZUDMJ
Horned Adder

Postby Horned Adder » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 pm

I presume it has been sold considering the price? Even if you bought a brand new rotax after the 180hrs it would still be a bargain :idea:
jtresfon
First solo

Postby jtresfon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:16 pm

You are stuffing up the market for our older gyros with cheeky pricing like that! Personally I think that machine is worth at least R350k (actually should be R400k) before overhaul. Then even if the new owner had to overhaul (which indeed they do not!) at around R150k for a zero hour engine you would still only be in for R500k for what is essentially a nearly new gyro. A bare basics new machine with no extras is now over R1.2mil and with the ZAR plummeting like a burning Spitfire the increases will soon translate to the 2nd hand machines as well. At your price and with the condition your machine is in I don't see it sitting around for long... Mine will shortly be available with more hours and more scratches for more money!

Jean.
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby greg vos » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:14 pm

jtresfon wrote:You are stuffing up the market for our older gyros with cheeky pricing like that! Personally I think that machine is worth at least R350k (actually should be R400k) before overhaul. Then even if the new owner had to overhaul (which indeed they do not!) at around R150k for a zero hour engine you would still only be in for R500k for what is essentially a nearly new gyro. A bare basics new machine with no extras is now over R1.2mil and with the ZAR plummeting like a burning Spitfire the increases will soon translate to the 2nd hand machines as well. At your price and with the condition your machine is in I don't see it sitting around for long... Mine will shortly be available with more hours and more scratches for more money!

Jean.
Well its a good price for a person wanting to buy a machine that is by all accounts immaculate, Its going to a new home back in JHB the new owner is coming down on the weekend to see his new toy! ...just praying he does not ask me to fly it there for him because that will be the most boring day of my life....

The thing now is to fly all the new offerings vhpy If i could have my cake and eat it i would have the calidas with a magni RH :wink:
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
Horned Adder

Postby Horned Adder » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:29 pm

greg vos wrote:
jtresfon wrote:You are stuffing up the market for our older gyros with cheeky pricing like that! Personally I think that machine is worth at least R350k (actually should be R400k) before overhaul. Then even if the new owner had to overhaul (which indeed they do not!) at around R150k for a zero hour engine you would still only be in for R500k for what is essentially a nearly new gyro. A bare basics new machine with no extras is now over R1.2mil and with the ZAR plummeting like a burning Spitfire the increases will soon translate to the 2nd hand machines as well. At your price and with the condition your machine is in I don't see it sitting around for long... Mine will shortly be available with more hours and more scratches for more money!

Jean.
Well its a good price for a person wanting to buy a machine that is by all accounts immaculate, Its going to a new home back in JHB the new owner is coming down on the weekend to see his new toy! ...just praying he does not ask me to fly it there for him because that will be the most boring day of my life....

The thing now is to fly all the new offerings vhpy If i could have my cake and eat it i would have the calidas with a magni RH :wink:
Dam, just when I convinced the wife I need a gyro (**) well whoever bought it got a bargain of the year (^^) (^^) (^^)
spicemann
Heard about flying

Re: Magni M16 - SOLD!

Postby spicemann » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Pedantic - what an understatement! I have yet to see another M16 in this condition!!! Greg, it was a privilege doing business with you , thank you for your honestly & hospitality!
nomie
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby nomie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 pm

spicemann wrote:Pedantic - what an understatement! I have yet to see another M16 in this condition!!! Greg, it was a privilege doing business with you , thank you for your honestly & hospitality!
Must have been if you went from looking for a low hour M22 to buying a high hour M16, Congrats (^^)
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby greg vos » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:17 pm

nomie wrote: Must have been if you went from looking for a low hour M22 to buying a high hour M16, Congrats (^^)
nomie ...you are welcome to put your name down as first option for the new one when I sell it............as a sweetener I will even teach you to fly it as part of the deal vhpy since you dont have a gyro licence yet.
oh I forgot spiceman has already said that he has first option on my next one.
i think what sold it was when spiceman looked at a 22 with 500 hours on standing next to this one and compared the two, he could easily see this was the Taylor Swift of the pack, then in the air, ZERO stick shake, as in, put a glass of milk on the stick :mrgreen: and when you lad its not a milkshake.
Congrats spiceman I wish you all the best with her and look fwd to giving mrs spiceman some flying lessons in the not to distant future (^^)
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot