Teenie 2 project for sale

Microlights, gyro's and other aircraft for sale
bomskok
First solo

Teenie 2 project for sale

Postby bomskok » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:04 am

My Teenie II project is for sale. You can have a look at the build thread over here http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 6&t=112504 to see the nitty gritty of where it stands and how it was done.

If you're not that familiar with it, it is a single seat open cockpit all metal aircraft powered by a VW engine. It has removable wings designed for storing in a single garage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_Teenie_Two and http://www.teenietwo.com/

I'd guess that the project is about 30% complete with enough material to finish the next 30%.

- Center section:
- Cockpit seat is done, cockpit side skins are rough cut, needs trimming and drilling.
- Seat is done. Drilled and cleaned, needs sign-off from AP and can be riveted in place.
- Inner Wing skins are rough cut, needs trimming and drilling. You can see them in the photos below.
- Tubing in place for the ASI. See photos.

- Outer wings:
- You can see from photos that the right wing is complete, including top skin fitted. It is ready for inspection by AP and can be riveted in place.
- Left wing just needs top skin drilled then it is ready for inspection. Nose skin is off at the moment for cleaning and deburring. (done) Needs fitting. See photos. With the skin not fitted you will also be able to get a good idea of how I built it.

- Firewall:
- Firewall is in place. (See photos) Engine mount holes need drilling. Spare Stainless Steel sheeting included.
- Side skins are rough cut. Needs trimming and can then be drilled in place. They're shown in some of the photos.

There is enough sheeting for the ailerons and trailing edge of center section, the bottom and sides of the fuselage going back and horizontal stabilizer. There is also enough .040 (thicker sheet) for the rest of the bulkheads including the baggage area.

- Log book is up to date and signed off by the AP (Kevin Hopper) on all the work done so far. I also have the build number from the CAA and all receipts for all the material bought so far.

It is important to note that I've stuck to the plans 100% so far. This includes getting the taper pins for the removable wings, using AN bolts all over etc. Sticking to the plans simply makes life a lot easier between you and your AP, and for the project in general.

There is more material there than what I can remember now so if you are interested, please call me or come have a look-see.

I am asking for R16000 for the whole lot plus some tools and all the material included as listed above. As with most things in life, it is very much negotiable.

Based in Roodepoort.

Photos are very limited in size on the site so please let me know if you want higher quality emailed.
20141102_143051.jpg
20141102_143024.jpg
20141102_143024.jpg (88.45 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
20141102_143106.jpg
20141102_143144.jpg
20141102_143211.jpg
20141102_143211.jpg (91.95 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
bomskok
First solo

Re: Teenie 2 project for sale

Postby bomskok » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:24 am

Will accept offer of R10k or anything in that region.
bomskok
First solo

Postby bomskok » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:37 am

Now that I have spilled the beans at work I can safely provide the reason for the sale here;

We are emigrating in a few weeks' time so I really need to sell the Teenie project quite urgently. If you are interested please contact me and make me an offer. I promise I will consider any offer you make.

I am not looking to ship it overseas since the cost of shipping will be way more than the value of the Teenie as it stands.
Duck Rogers
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Duck Rogers » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:35 am

Heinrich.................nou wat nou?
Gerrie
Airspeed, altitude, or brains....you always need at least two
bomskok
First solo

Postby bomskok » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:11 am

Duck Rogers wrote:Heinrich.................nou wat nou?
Gerrie
Hi Gerrie,

Goed om van jou te hoor. :)

Toe ons laas gesels het het ek mos so iets laat val van die moontlikheid dat ons terug gaan oorsee. Dit het toe `n realiteit geword. Ons is einde April oppad.

Wens ek kon die Teenie saamvat maar ons ship so min goed dit gaan nie die koste werd wees nie. Ek is ook nie lus vir die gesukkel met the LAA en komponente wat klaar afgeteken is deur Kevin nie.

Ek het darem so een of 2 manne wat belangstel, behoort seker die volgende 2 weke te gaan na `n nuwe huis.

Groete
H