Trevs Horizon

Aircraft Projects Underway or Completed

Moderator: Tailspin

Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: Trevs Horizon

Postby Boet » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Jis boeta, maak jy errouplynse bymekaar of wat? :shock: :shock: :lol: Ek weet van n 503 enjin met min ure wat jy goedkoop kan optel.
Induna
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Induna » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Boet wrote:Jis boeta, maak jy errouplynse bymekaar of wat? :shock: :shock: :lol: Ek weet van n 503 enjin met min ure wat jy goedkoop kan optel.
Haha! Ja, dit lyk dan nou so... of hoe?! :lol: Ek wil nog nie aan 'n enjin dink nie, dis nog te ver in die toekoms, maar miskien n 912. (...as een dalk oor my pad kom...)
ZU-IIJ | Zenith CH650B Taildragger
ZU-RHT | Magni M18 Spartan
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Sal uitkyk vir een en jou laat weet! vhpy
Bertie88
Slow starter

Postby Bertie88 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Looks like a lot of work! Good luck with it ;)
Induna
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Induna » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:59 pm

I've picked up the project from Morning Star and I am really happy with what I got. Most of the work is complete, build progress and workmanship is good, but it is still a long way to go.

Ek gaan "volstoom" begin wanneer ek weer terug is in SA einde van Sept...

Sal fotos pos en die ondervinding met jul deel.

J
Induna
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Induna » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 pm

I've spent some time assessing the project, getting a build number and making a list of all the parts necessary to complete the project.

I've also done some repairs to the horizontal stab and covered the rudder, stabiliser and elevator. Must say, they came out pretty good...

I have a list of oem parts to buy from Fisher and they've been really helpful. The package is too big for air freight and needs to be shipped via sea. Does anyone have experience in importing parts who can give me advise on the process?

I will post some pics soon.

Jacques
Induna
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Induna » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Update... I've ordered all the outstanding parts from Fisher and will start fitting them once they arrive.

In the mean time, I've repaired and covered the rudder and stabiliser. When I'm home for R&R next month I will going through the airframe and make sure that it is indeed according to the plans. I still have to finish the contruction of the floor and will take care of that as well...

I will post some pics when I'm home. Also, I will be creating a new topic as this was Trevor's spot...

J
Divan rossouw
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Divan rossouw » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi every one. I am the new owner of this horizon 1 that I bought from uncle Philip Donnevan. I am 17 years of age and I want to make this my first aircraft. Since I was still a little boy it was my dream to own an aircraft and now I get to build one. I wil start to build the plane sometime in a month or so. There is a lot of things on the aircraft that was taken of like the cockpit windows ,engine , cowl and some stuff more so the plane will look a bit less finished than the last pic trev posted. I will post some pics as soon as I get started on this aircraft. I will need a lot of help and advise while I am building because I am a firts time builder so any advise would be very helpfull. Have a nice day.
Regards Divan vhpy