USA Part 103 <=> is there anything like this in RSA???

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

mjlaviation
Found a flight school

USA Part 103 <=> is there anything like this in RSA???

Postby mjlaviation » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13 am

Hi,
Can someone inform me if there is in South Africa anything like the Part 103 in USA ???
I am not interested in flying in the big leagues of the beautiful and expensive Trikes, but am very interested in flying whenever i can for recreation and photo shooting, where i don't disturb others or bother any traffic. I am also extremely interested in building my own Trike and fly it under such type of law, if there is any that permits me to do it???
I wonder if South African regulations are written around development and progress, which can only happen if creativity and invention is encouraged, of course without excessive and prohibitive rules and regulations, but ones that concern mainly matters of security, such as obligatory pilot licences, though simpler, and aircraft inspections for security, though allowing creative concepts and development of new ideas.???...
Anyone would be interested in such thing as me???
I am sure i can't be the only one!!!
Give me some feedback guys, i am new in this, but am enjoying it so much that would like to move forward with this idea.
Thanks
Mario
Sukkelaar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: USA Part 103 <=> is there anything like this in RSA???

Postby Sukkelaar » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Hell of a job in this country, and will be lots more expensive than just buying a trike.

Too many rules and regs to follow

Regards
Kyk Noord
mjlaviation
Found a flight school

Re: USA Part 103 <=> is there anything like this in RSA???

Postby mjlaviation » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Sukkelaar,

Thank you for your comment, it looks like this is our problem why we are kept behind developed countries and will never catch them as the legislation does not permit, but lets see if there is anybody from Misasa, Aero Club or CAA that comes with good news and proves you and me wrong.
Sincerely hope so

Regards
Mario