Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: MISASA Fees 2012

Postby skybound® » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:47 pm

John Boucher wrote:You know guys... the MEMBERS CARD is just a big deal... I
John, will the proof of membership ever be requested of us on a ramp inspection? If so - will the inspector except a proof of payment in lieu of a member card?
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Roger, nope it wont form part of a ramp check.... and I know a couple of chaps are going to ask WHY IN THE HELL ASK A QUESTION LIKE THAT?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
fred stemmett
First solo

Postby fred stemmett » Sat May 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi. I paid Aeroclub and Misasa fees in January. I still have no membership of either. Do they still exist?
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Thu May 10, 2012 3:35 pm

The Aero Club manage the MISASA membership list. The Aero Club collect all fees. The Aero Club send out membership cards. The Aero Club has a permanent office and is staffed to sort out membership matters. Their details are at:

http://www.aeroclub.org.za

MISASA Committee details are at

http://www.misasa.co.za

The MISASA Committee are a group of volunteers who work for microlighters. MISASA has no office and has no employed staff. Please contact them to offer your assistance or to send in your stories for the magazine.

To see if you are a listed member go to:

http://www.weboonline.com/misasa/websit ... php?id=696

Fly safe
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu May 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Afternoon all...

I have looked through the list and the following is apparent and a combination of all this really makes for serious issues

1. When updating the fundi website, members failed to fill in their complete contact details....
2. The credit card payments seem to be the least problematic in reconciling and are cleared
3. EFT payments lying in suspension because the proof of transfer has not been received / linked to the payment
4. Certain members added their details twice or more times and with that differently each time?
5. Important contact details are just not there or filled in....

Dish... this is not an African Skies situation. There is quite a bit of blame that can be apportioned to others... including members!

I have a proposal for the Misasa Committee and if approved will resolve a large amount of the issues iro addresses & incomplete information.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Thu May 10, 2012 8:30 pm

John Boucher wrote: 3. EFT payments lying in suspension because the proof of transfer has not been received / linked to the payment
I did mine this week.
You need to go to the website fill out details on the website. Then do the payment side on the website but in place of credit card, you must select eft. Then the computer asign a payment reference to you. This is the number that you must insert on your eft as reference. If not, the system will not pick it up.
If you did a payment via eft, just follow up with them that the allocation went through on your name.

Regards,
Dirk
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
Raymonvt
Signed up at flight school

Postby Raymonvt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:30 pm

I have paid my second year membership on both MISASA and Aeroclub, also member of SAAMA. I have climbed to 120 hours in my first year and with the second year membership active I am yet to receive a membership card.
I see no value in both these memberships and view it only as a hurdle to cross in order to get my ATF (at three times the ATF rate !!!) At least RAASA gives me a ATF for the money they get paid, no problem with that payment.
Can someone tell me what is going on, why not make the MISASA and Aeroclub membership redundant, it is merely a forum collecting money with worst service than Telkom, have no idea what you are good for.
Apologies if I am annoying anyone, the only detail I see on any of these are continuous complaints from pilots, it's up to you to prove the validity of your existence !!!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Whilst u at, why not make SAAMA redundant as well?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Pine
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Pine » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Graham Mac wrote:In The "old misasa days"
membership came with wings n things..cap stickers etc.
It would be nice to see that reintroduced.
my 2 cents
USE IT LOOSE IT.
Cheers
(^^) ## ##
In "The new Misasa days"
Membership come by one email.
Pay in August for one full year and get membership for only 6 months.
No magazine, no welcoming email....... no Nothing........
One good thing, they did not forget so send me an email to remind me of the new years fees.
ZU-???

Lined up and rolling!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Come now Pine... I think we have made the issue iro the problems and challenges we faced with Aeroclub SA quite clear and have put tremendous effort and time to turn that around. I think the record is really stuck on this topic.

On the point of paying you fees in August just shows that you are oblivious to the fact that membership runs from January to December and not as customary you renewing when your ATF is due.

Then... there are events such as Tedderfield that is arranged and organized by the volunteer elected committee but hey, such things just fall from the sky....

As for posting mags, caps, badges, DVD's, etc would really be cool if :

1. We finally have a concise database - now verified by myself and Thelma at over 400 members.... where's the other 800+ members?
2. Members use the system so that the details can be checked and updated
3. Members renew as I mentioned January/February and not as customarily done when ATF is due...

Then... having worked with the info and using some common sense cross referencing, you will be amazed how many get their own details wrong and I kid you not!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Pine
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Pine » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 am

John,
Thanks for your rapid response.
January is the month that very view people have money left.
Why can’t we have a rolling calendar and a monthly debit order?
If you need help on the database and debit orders we are available.
A monthly debit order will help everybody and makes it easy for the new year’s renewal.
ZU-???

Lined up and rolling!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:22 am

Pine

The debit order system was on the table but we adopted the Fundi system and it's methodology. Many payment methods and channels were considered but now the onus is on the member to comply. Debit orders bouncing, administration dilemmas, banking details changing, members changing addresses etc. all just compound the problem.

As for January / February payments... members just have to budget for that and make it a norm. With over 420 members already having paid, I can't really see anything wrong with, only that there will be ones that want the system to run according to their own individual taste - and we all know that is virtually impossible. This also shows that members have woken to fact that compliance to the regs and any indirect contravention of such regs exposes their estates & insurance cover to all sorts of negative situations.

We have a system, let's use it, we have a special lady dedicated to managing the system and with my assistance, we have reached the tipping point in favour of our members and concise management of our member base.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Thatchman
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Thatchman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 am

Fundi worked well. Went on last week. About 3 mins and all done, receipt printed. It was really painless.
Parasitic Drag: A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

ZU - forePLaY
RV12
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Re: MISASA Fees

Postby RV12 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Does MISASA cater for the NPL (LSA) crowd as well ?
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Robbie Shaw » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:55 pm

John Boucher wrote:That still happens....

Nemo will tell you more about that though. Budgets still have to be discussed and approved.

From the minutes of the AGM...
• The proposal to issue the badge and a cap with the badge thereon with the 1st magazine issued in 2012 was taken by the meeting with the proviso that the General Committee approve the expenditure necessitated by this decision as a part of the publications budget to be presented to the next meeting of the General Committee.
I have just become a new member ... Joined in June .... Caps, etc "zero to date" ..... Tell you what I got was a magazine And was told NO reduction on membership fee for joining mid year.... ???? :oops: :twisted: ## ## ##

Take take .......
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1