NB: Aeroclub Frustration - Comments Please!

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

NB: Aeroclub Frustration - Comments Please!

Postby John Boucher » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:30 am

It's July already and as MISASA committee have been taking " ## " for sometime now due to the inadequacies of certain functions performed by AeroclubSA. Members of SAGPA & other sub-sections are also invited to respond. Please read MISASA's chairman's Donald Hicks and lodge your complaints on http://www.misasa.co.za..... http://www.weboonline.com/MISASA/websiteform.php?id=292

Please note that this is not with malicious intent - we really need to be proactive in bringing about positive change for the good of the member base!

We welcome all comments and criticism as we need to address these issues at the next AeroclubSA Board Meeting 12 July 2011!
Chairman’s Report Aug/Sept 2011

I often start the report with a comment on the magazine. Well, the last one was once again a cracker with the cover adorned by a Sling piloted by Charmaine Blyth and Lisa King. May Mike and James, SA’s traveling duo, enjoy the continuing success of their company…………Rumour has it that the Sling is selling… better than hot cakes. Need to get myself a ride in one! I wish them well in their planning for their next round the world trip that is scheduled to begin in about six weeks or so.

The Unfortunate Truth

It is an unfortunate reality that I have to devote a fair part of this report to the negative feedback on Aero Club service delivery, that I am sent by members, as it seems that this matter continues to dog our daily aviation lives. It is my intention to take the subject matter of this report, together with your continued feedback, to the next Aero Club Meeting. It seems, the more we complain the less that happens. Please do not misunderstand me, I am convinced that much of what they do is important. I however feel that the Aero Club work at their own pace and to their own agenda and that they could give more attention to servicing the needs of our members. So, what is it that I raise as matters that I believe they could enhance their performance upon?

Every business relationship operates in a “customer / supplier” environment. The customer base is consulted and their needs are serviced. I do not believe that the Aero Club understands their role to fall within this framework and if they do they do not prioritise our needs. In our relationship with the Aero Club we will contribute something like R20,000 to R30,000 per month to their coffers this year. Each of the sub-sections make a contribution to the Aero Club and the Aero Club Financial Statements are a matter of public record. I am of the opinion that we do not get value for the fees that we pay them. Yes, we must pay for overheads but these overheads must support and enable measurable outputs that add visible value. I am of the opinion that there are other sub-sections that feel the way that I do about the value for money that we get from them. I am absolutely certain that we need the Aero Club and that what is needed is a clear determination of what is right, wrong and what it is that is broken. In addition, to be constructive, we must table what exact measurable deliverables we want them to provide.

Feedback

Your continued feedback is important. Please send your positive and negative opinions to me at wendonair@wendon.co.za

Membership Cards
My name is Donald… thus I fall in the category of the 4th letter in the alphabet. My surname is Hicks….8th in the alphabet. It is now well past mid year and I paid in December 2010. Our Editor too paid in December 2010 and both of us and many of you also still do not have your Aero Club cards. By the time we in fact get the cards, most of the year will have passed and new ones will be due. I have been told of the benefits of the card which are supposed to include supplier discounts etc. What exactly are these benefits? Is there a website, for instance, somewhere where we can access this information? If this added benefit to members is true then we have missed the opportunity of this benefit for most of the year! This position is not unique to MISASA members as many of my friends within the EAA also have not been issued with their cards.

Aero Club Financial Management

As you well know, part of our income, (fees) comes directly from the deposits made by yourselves into our account. Some of our members pay into the Aero Club account. I would have no problem with this except that the indications are that their financial management is less than acceptable. On a monthly basis, the money should be paid from them to us, after they have taken their dues, (and visa versa). This issue continues to be a problem with both unpaid and unallocated funds not being reconciled. Let me explain. For those of you that have paid the Aero Club, your money goes into their account and our portion awaits transfer, to us. As you know the bulk of our funding goes to a very visible deliverable in the form of the magazine. There are MANY people that pay their fees to Aero Club with little or no information sent by them in the form of an online listing, faxed or e-mailed payment confirmation etc. This money sits in their account as unallocated, so it does not get to MISASA, but remains in suspense in the Aero Club account. That is why, when you ask where your magazine has got to (as you assure us you have paid), it is due to the Aero Club not paying our fees to us and as a result of this you are not listed as a paid up member. Better to simply pay us directly, confirm all your details with MISASA and you will get your magazine each quarter. To be clear, when a payment is in suspense it means that you are not on the listing of paid up members and your address details may be old and incorrect or if you are a new member you will not be listed at all. We receive the membership list from the Aero Club and thus we have had to issue the magazine for the whole of this year to members that were on the list in 2010 as well as those that we know about who were added to the list for 2011. This position is just unacceptable. If you are a new member please e-mail our Editor at nemo@webo.co.za and provide us with your postal address and we will send the magazine even if you are not on the list.

Folks, please pay directly to MISASA by way of our bank account. The details are on page 3. Just to conclude this point, we have not had a transfer of funds from the Aero Club since March and the debt to MISASA (at the end of June) cannot be accurately established. It has been estimated (on the basis of Aero Club supplied info) at numbers ranging from over R100,000 to over R200,000. Their financial reporting is, at best, bad! Whatever the amount may eventually turn out to be , it is no small number!

Information from the Aero Club:

Names & Address Lists

Unfortunately the info forwarded to MISASA for interacting with the membership varies from being accurate to reasonably accurate to garbage, thus rendering the content of the document unreliable. It all talks to incompetence and a general lack of care and focus. For us to be able to service your needs, we have to be able to contact you. Internet and e-mail is fine for those that use it, but there are many (hundreds of members ) that do not have a listed e-mail address and for these members the magazine is our only form of communication. We, also do not have tel no’s for some members. It is for these reasons that the address list needs to be accurate.

The Aero Club Website

This is outdated and the information is unreliable. In this day and age where information is best gleaned from the internet, it would be prudent to believe that the information on the Aero Club’s website is accurate and up to date. Sadly, this is not the case…. The website suggests that Neil de Lange is the GM and that Stan Oliver is the Chairman. If I were them I would be unhappy as matters were never this bad under their watch. The MISASA report on the Aero Club’s website was written by my predecessor, Alex Rudd, from whom I took over as your Chairman some two years ago. Enough said about that.

In conclusion, I do believe that the Aero Club is badly in need of an injection of dynamic support. Please remember, unlike the sections under the Aero Club, they are run by full time staff employed for no other purpose than to tend to the needs of the sections that pay them for services that are needed. Please don’t get me wrong, I do not believe that all that they do is with fault. I do however, as a layman and pilot believe that we, as members, have much to complain about. This I will be doing at the next meeting. The results of this will be fed back to all for comment via our website.

Radio Licenses

ICASA continue to delay and confuse. I have reported their inadequacies to the Aero Club many times and have requested that the issue receive follow-up. I thus continue to suggest that you use the services of Peter or Petra at ICASA in Durban. You can contact them on: Telephone 031 334 9515 Fax 031 334 9518 PC Fax 011 566 4042 and finally you can mail Peter at pleonard@icasa.org.za or you can mail Petra pbold@icasa.org.za My thanks to them for their excellent service.

General Aviation Events Website

The website http://www.funflying.info has been a great success. You may recall in the last magazine that I chatted about the plot to come up with a new website to get all sections working together.
Well, I am happy to say that it is in place and that it is working wonderfully. Please go and have a look at the site. As an aside, is this perhaps an example of what the Aero Club should be doing for us? The site does not need you to log in, that is just for the administrators to work behind the scenes. Have a look at the link to “EVENTS AND FLYAWAYS” it is duplicated from the MISASA site. You will see many of the events that are both KZN based as well as a few that are national. So far I have worked with only the EAA locally as they, (locally that is), are thinking along the same lines as what I am. All aviation meetings/activities are open to all to attend. We see that flying enthusiasts need not be put into specific disciplines, (EAA / MISASA etc). What a great way to have fun…. with pilots and others that enjoy the same stuff. By the way, we have not confined our chatter to the “private sector” either. As an example we had a get together this past week at the SAAF 15th Squadron at the old Durban Airport. This has been the second get together organized by them, and it was most pleasant. We have introduced them to our various forms of flying and they are fascinated. It would appear that the microlight is not as commonly understood within the air force's aviation circles as one would imagine. We will be inviting them to come flying with us in the not too distant future.

Well, that’s it chaps for another quarter. I hope that you will respond to my call for information so that we are better able to present the facts at Aero Club meetings. Given the feedback that I have at present, it seems that the challenge is to try and move their thinking to be less bureaucratic and more membership focused. I have just returned from my Namibian trip, and what a trip it was. It is all in the magazine so page forward and read.

Cheers for now.
Fly Safe, enjoy and please do e-mail your pros & cons to me - it is important that we get more examples to add to what is currently being reported.

Donald
wendonair@wendon.co.za
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: NB: Aeroclub Frustration - Comments Please!

Postby alanmack » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Simply stated, MISASA seeks performance against agreed upon measurable deliverables that full time staff at the Aero Club need to be accountable for.

I am confident that if Jeff Earle ( The Aero Club - Non-Executive Chairman) intervenes this matter will swiftly be progressed to a satisfactory conclusion.

Other regional and national Aero Club Sub-sections consulted share MISASA's concerns/frustrations. It is highly unfortunate that a sub-section has to make public a statement like this. To be clear, I fully support the route taken by the MISASA Chairman. As an aside, he was told by an Aero Club employee that complaints like this may not be put on the Board Meeting agenda. This MISASA Chairman's Report is the culmination of many months of frustration and membership dissatisfaction. What is needed is an honest assessment of what is working and what not. Pilots will, I am sure, volunteer assistance to constructively assist and resolve any problems. This is the "high road" to the future - the "low road" will include an AGM like no other!

Hoping for a constructively engineered future,
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
Condor
Whats the right frequency?

Postby Condor » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:30 pm

I am the Secretary for SAGPA.

None of our members have received any renewal notices for the 2011 year. After much asking we received a list of members indicating those that have paid.

SAGPA then sent out our own renewal notices to all and we got several angry replies back from members with proof of payments attached.

I have now requested an updated list twice without success.

Are they supposed to issue Membership Cards to the paid members?

Must say, SAGPA is not happy at this stage.

Gerrit Roux
Auto-Gyro Calidus ZU-RRG
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Escalate this to Eric who will be attending I presume?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Mogas
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Mogas » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:55 pm

I am very unsatisfied with the service received from our Aeroclub.
I waited for an unacceptably long time for my card and need this as an AP. I finally received it about a month ago.
Having given up bitching and moaning to Kevin Storie, I relentlessly pestered the lady in the office. This is not how it should be.
The revelations about the AECSA's financial affairs are alarming. I had no idea and will certainly pay MISASA directly in future.
Here's hoping all subsections of the Aeroclub can band together and lobby for better service and accountability.
Keep up the good work MISASA.
Mogas
Last edited by Mogas on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nottaquitta
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Aeroclub really seems to be dragging their heels.... come on guys this is an industry that demands a high std of professionalism? Sad to see this kind of slackness creeping in. ##

To the hard working guys at Misasa... thanks for your effort (^^) You guys are doing a great job!

... really like the new website too! 8)
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:09 pm

I had the honour of serving on the Exec Board of Aero Club in the mid 90's as the SAHPA (hang gliding and paragliding) representative. With all respect to (the late) Mike v Ginkel, Aero Club was a shambles back then. So much so that I resigned out of protest. SAHPA even threatened to go it alone with CAA by by-passing Aero Club. Didn't work. CAA loved working through a weak GA rep (Aero Club CEO) and the puppy wagged the tail.

Aero Club did manage to pick up some pride under the new CEO though.

But Aero Club is as strong as its CEO. I pleaded back then, and still, that the seat of CEO at the Aero Club should be filled by a lawyer with aviation background on a proper pay. Pay 50% subsidised by CAA. Aero Club is in fact a service provider to CAA.

It is extremely pityful to read that the situation has reared its head again. Donald, MISASA being a big section (but unfortunately only one vote on the board) might want to propose that votes should be section weighted. Unfortunately it did not work back then.

T'is my comment.
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:34 am

Good morning all...

We are definitely humbled by the compliments we are receiving from you all - therefore we are most definitely doing it right! Thank you! (^^)

Please keep the comments coming or post it on the following link if you choose not to put it on the public forum : http://www.weboonline.com/MISASA/websiteform.php?id=292
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Gadget
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Gadget » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:18 pm

HI.

Yes, MISASA is doing a great job but the problems with ICASA and Aeroclub are interfering, indirectly, with flight safety. Something needs to be done. I have just received my two radio licenses from ICASA after months of emails and complaining, even directly to the ceo. I paid Aeroclub in the beginning of the year and still have not received my membership card, and I guess MISASA have not received my money either.

Regards, Gadget.
If there is grass between your toes , you're flying to low.....
If ever in doubt about flying - drink a beer.
That will give you at least 8 hours to think about it some more.
ZU-EPH Bushbaby Explorer 912UL (Morph built)
Condor

Postby Condor » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:44 am

I just received the information I requested from Aeroclub, for which I am very greatful.

(Do you think this thread had anything to do with it?)
Auto-Gyro Calidus ZU-RRG
ZAZU
First solo

Postby ZAZU » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 pm

John,

I completed my membership application and payment on 11 March 2011. I have visited the aeroclub's offices twice, and phoned them too many times to remember. The stories turned into promises, then excuses and that turned into blaming the provider of the cards.

I have just emptied my post box, still waiting for my membership card. I know this may be a small issue, but to renew ATF's, I need a valid membership. I know I can use my receipt, so, what is the use of the card then.

We all shout down ICASA for neglect and bad service, surely the Aeroclub is a few steps better. (I have received my radio license)

Regards

Christo Jansen van Rensburg
Christo J/v Rensburg

"To be legal, you need the law;
To be just, you need a value system"
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks guys... keep the comments coming!

Condor sir... I trust you shall be attending?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:52 am

AeroclubSA has replied to Donald's report..... With the replies given, this does not correlate to the complaints we have received! You be the judge....
Following the receipt of this public statement made by the Chairman of MISASA, it is necessary for the exco to provide a response. We look forward to addressing the issues raised and will do so. It is unfortunate that these were made public in the manner in which has occurred. Aero Clubs comments in italic's and in brackets

The Unfortunate Truth

It is an unfortunate reality that I have to devote a fair part of this
report to the negative feedback on Aero Club service delivery, that I am
sent by members, as it seems that this matter continues to dog our daily
aviation lives. It is my intention to take the subject matter of this
report, together with your continued feedback, to the next Aeroclub Meeting.
It seems, the more we complain the less that happens. Please do not
misunderstand me, I am convinced that much of what they do is important. I
however feel that the Aero Club work at their own pace and to their own
agenda and that they could give more attention to servicing the needs of our
members. So, what is it that I raise as matters that I believe they could
enhance their performance upon?

(This is your impression and we will look into addressing this and hope you assist us in changing your impression.)

Every business relationship operates in a "customer / supplier"
environment. The customer base is consulted and their needs are serviced. I
do not believe that the Aero Club understands their role to fall within this
framework and if they do they do not prioritise our needs.

(We look forward to further feedback from the Section Chair as to what the needs may be over and above those we are already addressing.)

In our relationship with the Aero Club we will contribute something like R20,000 to R30,000 per month to their coffers this year.

(your sections current contribution is R17000 per month based on the current members renewed of 863 end of May 2011.)

Each of the sub-sections make
a contribution to the Aero Club and the Aero Club Financial Statements are a
matter of public record.

(Correct and are available to each and every chairperson at each board meeting and at the AGM and the annual report.)

I am of the opinion that we do not get value for the fees that we pay them. Yes, we must pay for overheads
but these overheads must support and enable measurable outputs that add visible value.I am of the opinion
that there are other sub-sections that feel the way thatI do about the value for money that we get from them.
I am absolutely certain that we need the Aero Club and that what is needed is a clear determination of what is
right, wrong and what it is that is broken. In addition, to be constructive, we must table what exact measurable
deliverables we want them to provide.

(Great Idea please table exactly what you would require from us and the measurables you expect.)

Feedback
Your continued feedback is important. Please send your positive and negative
opinions to me at wendonair@wendon.co.za<mailto:wendonair@wendon.co.za>

Membership Cards
My name is Donald. thus I fall in the category of the 4th letter in the
alphabet. My surname is Hicks..8th in the alphabet. It is now well past mid
year and I paid in December 2010. Our Editor too paid in December 2010 and
both of us and many of you also still do not have your Aero Club cards. By
the time we in fact get the cards, most of the year will have passed and new
ones will be due. I have been told of the benefits of the card which are
supposed to include supplier discounts etc.

(This is part of the project and the board has been made aware that this is an intended benefit we need to develop which has not existed before. mmebers that believe their Cards may have been lost in the postal system need to inform us so that this can be remedied. Aeroclub cannot be held responsible for the loss of post and every effort to ensure the cards get into a reputable postal point have been put in place. Comparative cost effective suggestions to get cards to members other than using the SAPO would be most welcomed.)

What exactly are these benefits?
Is there a website, for instance, somewhere where we can access this information?

(It will be included in our new website currently under development.)

If this added benefit to members is true then we have missed
the opportunity of this benefit for most of the year! This position is not
unique to MISASA members as many of my friends within the EAA also have not
been issued with their cards.

Aero Club Financial Management

As you well know, part of our income, (fees) comes directly from the
deposits made by yourselves into our account. Some of our members pay into
the Aero Club account. I would have no problem with this except that the
indications are that their financial management is less than acceptable. On
a monthly basis, the money should be paid from them to us, after they have
taken their dues, (and visa versa). This issue continues to be a problem
with both unpaid and unallocated funds not being reconciled. Let me
explain.

(Monthly reconciliations are conducted and payment of subscription fees for sections are paid on request. This will be changed for the sections that require this procedure.)

For those of you that have paid the Aeroclub, your money goes into
their account and our portion awaits transfer, to us. As you know the bulk
of our funding goes to a very visible deliverable in the form of the
magazine. There are MANY people that pay their fees to Aero Club with little
or no information sent by them in the form of an online listing, faxed or
e-mailed payment confirmation etc.

(Good idea, we will implement a system to cater for this and this will also allow us the opportunity to validate addresses and other info if not supplied.)

This money sits in their account as
unallocated, so it does not get to MISASA, but remains in suspense in the
Aero Club account.

(Your money is only un-allocated if we cannot see on the bank statement who the depositor is. We thank the members that do provide this and make the reconciliation easier. We encourage you further to send your proof of payment with your renewal form with correct details to us.)

That is why, when you ask where your magazine has got to
(as you assure us you have paid), it is due to the Aero Club not paying our
fees to us and as a result of this you are not listed as a paid up member.
Better to simply pay us directly, confirm all your details with MISASA and
you will get your magazine each quarter. To be clear, when a payment is in
suspense it means that you are not on the listing of paid up members and
your address details may be old and incorrect or if you are a new member you
will not be listed at all. We receive the membership list from the Aero Club
and thus we have had to issue the magazine for the whole of this year to
members that were on the list in 2010 as well as those that we know about
who were added to the list for 2011. This position is just unacceptable. If
you are a new member please e-mail our Editor at
nemo@webo.co.za<mailto:nemo@webo.co.za> and provide us with your postal
address and we will send the magazine even if you are not on the list.

(One of the benefits of paying AeCSA directly is that should a member want to renew their ATF, and as RAASA requests Proof of payment and thus proof of AeCSA's membership - the line of communication is very short and easily verifiable. RAASA is in direct communication with AeCSA to facilitate this. Should a member pay anywhere else, it is more difficult to give direct confirmation and thus service.)

Folks, please pay directly to MISASA by way of our bank account. The details
are on page 3. Just to conclude this point, we have not had a transfer of
funds from the Aero Club since March and the debt to MISASA (at the end of
June) cannot be accurately established.

It has been estimated (on the basis of Aero Club supplied info) at numbers ranging from over R100,000 to over R200,000. Their financial reporting is, at best, bad! Whatever the amount may eventually turn out to be , it is no small number!

(Payments have been processed and implemented up to end of May and the June amounts, once reconciled, will be paid over as per agreed protocols.)

Information from the Aeroclub:

Names & Address Lists
Unfortunately the info forwarded to MISASA for interacting with the
membership varies from being accurate to reasonably accurate to garbage,
thus rendering the content of the document unreliable. It all talks to
incompetence and a general lack of care and focus.

(We believe from the EXCO perspective, we have competent people, we do care about you as a member and the services we render. We will ask your section heads what additional services we should provide)

For us to be able to
service your needs, we have to be able to contact you. Internet and e-mail
is fine for those that use it, but there are many (hundreds of members )
that do not have a listed e-mail address and for these members the magazine
is our only form of communication. We, also do not have tel no's for some
members. It is for these reasons that the address list needs to be accurate.

(We fully agree with MISASA that it is necessary that your contact details are up to date and trust that the members will assist both AeCSA and MISASA in this never ending challenge)

The Aero Club Website
This is outdated and the information is unreliable.

(The website is outdated as agreed by the board and EXCO, and hense why the project initiated by the EXCO to provide a new website was embarked upon in Feb 2011.)

In this day and age
where information is best gleaned from the internet, it would be prudent to
believe that the information on the Aero Club's website is accurate and up
to date. Sadly, this is not the case.. The website suggests that Neil de
Lange is the GM and that Stan Oliver is the Chairman. If I were them I would
be unhappy as matters were never this bad under their watch. The MISASA
report on the Aero Club's website was written by my predecessor, Alex Rudd,
from whom I took over as your Chairman some two years ago. Enough said about
that.

(We can agree that for a limited period an old cache version was displayed and immediately restored with the updated version in existence since December 2010. Once noticed and on feedback from members this has always been immediately rectified. Some of the errors resulting in the old version displaying as experienced by some members were due to the change of server, move of offices and the change of hosting. The server and hosting is working well for the past few months. There are certain pages such as the section reports that have not had the 2010 reports put on as these will be part of the new website, etc. If members see any other mistakes please notify us immediately. We will try our utmost to ensure that the relevant information is present.Please note that no further development on the website has transpired as we have been concentrating on the preparation of our new site. Watch this space!)

In conclusion, I do believe that the Aero Club is badly in need of an
injection of dynamic support. Please remember, unlike the sections under the
Aero Club, they are run by full time staff employed for no other purpose
than to tend to the needs of the sections that pay them for services that
are needed.

(There are only two people permanently on the payroll. There are many more people giving selflessly of their time and effort to make sure that this office runs. You as a member can make a difference giving of your time, skills and commitment to assist in your Aero Club's functioning.)

Please don't get me wrong, I do not believe that all that they
do is with fault. I do however, as a layman and pilot believe that we, as
members, have much to complain about. This I will be doing at the next
meeting. The results of this will be fed back to all for comment via our
website."

We look forward to the inputs that we receive
The Aero Club Exco
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:15 am

(This is part of the project and the board has been made aware that this is an intended benefit we need to develop which has not existed before. mmebers that believe their Cards may have been lost in the postal system need to inform us so that this can be remedied. Aeroclub cannot be held responsible for the loss of post and every effort to ensure the cards get into a reputable postal point have been put in place. Comparative cost effective suggestions to get cards to members other than using the SAPO would be most welcomed.)

It's amazing at just how many companies deflect responsibility back to the customer and use the postal system as an excuse.
Come on, how is it possible that a tiny little membership card gets lost or stolen in the postal system for the majority of the Aero Club members...every year, yet we all manage to receive the glossy annual report magazine, on time! :roll:
I'm sure we all have tried to contact them regarding outstanding cards. I have yet to receive my response for my query. Luckily I couldn't do my plane's ATF when it expired last month for financial reasons, otherwise I'd be down their throats by now.
The old "volunteer" and "don't get paid to do this" excuses are getting old. The fact is, I paid a fee and expect the service. Period.
Plane-less
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:59 am

Hi Guys...

Donald is formulating a reply after our meeting with AeroclubSA and the board.... will post it immediately once I have received it.

However, the outcome was positive!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org