Certification of foreign aircraft in South Africa

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:05 am

I am unsure where to go to sort this out, I am considering a DTA Combo surf with a Magic wing, now this is new in France and obviously has been homologated over there. The Voyageurs exist in this country and are obviously type approved.

Can anybody advise where or how I would get this machine approved so that it could be imported with the all the correct ts crossed etc. Or would the machine be accepted on the basis of the voyageur certification ? Is this a Raasa project or CAA ?

Thanks Zulu1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Postby John Young » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:01 am

Hi,

I will phone you later.

I don't think it's worth the mighty BS factor.

At Light Flight we have a new German microlight with separately approved BMW engine, under cart and wing but not together. :shock:

No chance of Proving Flight Authority nor ATF unless it is added to the build list of a registered local trike manufacturer. Local manufacturers are rightfully not inclined to approve imported products which will instantly become a competitor from import number 2.

Regards
John N????B
Was a sEXY trike. Now registered as N457YJ