PART 24 CARS AND CATS AMENDMENTS

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

Sam
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

PART 24 CARS AND CATS AMENDMENTS

Postby Sam » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 am

Please note that a new submission is being made for amendments to Part 24 CATS and CARS. I have attached the proposals for you to look at. I would like any comments you have to be emailed to me at rowena@lefssa.com so that these can be tabled at CARCOM. There have been substantial changes and the underscored portions are the proposed new legislation amendments. The main criteria for the changes are to incorporate referred items in Part 24 to make it a concise one stop place for NTCA. Please read and if you have any suggestions, comments, complaints, please let me have them urgently. I need them before the 24th Feb.

Thanks
Rowena
MISASA TECHNICAL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: PART 24 CARS AND CATS AMENDMENTS

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Don't know If I'm looking out of context, but annual inspections of Altmeter/ Airspeed indicator/ transponder?

Calibration? Who and where? Beyond a regular AP inspection?

" RE: CARS NTCA- pg 19 & 20

Schedule 1.15
24.03.11 Air Speed Indicator and Altimeter system tests and inspections
Proposal:
24.03.11 A suitably rated person who carries out air speed indicator and altimeter system test and
inspections shall perform the tests and inspections as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-NTCA.
Motivation:
This section has been included from Part 43 to ensure that airspeed indicators and altimeters are
correctly maintained. The inclusion of this section into Part 24 makes Part 24 more comprehensive.

Schedule 1 – CAR Part 24 17 February 2011 16
Schedule 1.16

24.03.12 ATC transponder tests and inspections

Proposal:
24.03.12 A suitably rated person who carries out ATC transponder tests and inspections shall
perform the tests and inspections at minimum once a year as prescribed in Document SA-CATSNTCA.

Motivation:
This section has been included from Part 43 to ensure that any transponders are correctly maintained.'"
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment