RAASA accountability

Discussion of all official legislative, legal, licencing and operating matters

Moderator: John Boucher

gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

RAASA accountability

Postby gertcoetzee » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:17 am

When CAA delivered suboptimal service complaints could be "escalated" although eventually Mary sorted out her colleagues mess. Somewhere up the line one could find someone living up to being a public servant.

I wrote to RAASA asking advice on weight and balance for a trike. No reply, and I resend the email, and phoned to ask for a reply. Willem said he will phone me back. No call.

So my question is when CAA abdicated the responsibilty to RAASA (not accountable to the public) how do I get RAASA to do their job?
wildthing
First solo

Re: RAASA accountability

Postby wildthing » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:51 am

Mr Coetzee.
No such e-mail was received by RAASA at any time.
The first e-mail we got was received at 08H49 on the 4th June requesting the courtesy of an Answer.
I replied at 08H56, 7 minutes, my reply is seen below. As your question was not clear I requested that you resend it, as can be seen I included my name and number as I did not have yours.
Mr. Coetzee.

No such enquiry has been received by any of our e-mails so we are unable to reply.
Please resend a detailed list of your questions to pierre@raasa.co.za or atf@raasa.co.za

Regards
Pierre Laubscher
RAASA Operations Manager
011 827 9330
www.raasa.co.za
You spoke to Willem a few minutes after that and he came to me with your question, he told you that he will go and look for your e-mail with your questions
and could not find such an e-mail, he asked me if i knew about it and told him that I had just sent you a reply asking you to resend your questions.

You are not the only person wanting service, we have dozens of e-mails, phone calls and customers wanting answers to their questions and service at our counter everyday.
If it takes an hour or two to reply to your call or e-mail it because we are still getting to it.
We do get back to every customer, sometimes even as late as 20h00 and 09h00 at night because we dont have enough time in the day, but we do get back.
I think that the seven minutes it took to reply to your mail was not excessive.
If you have a valid complaint I have advertised my details and direct number on a number of media formats in order to offer a high level of service to all our customers.

Regards
Pierre.
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Sir,

My original email to info@raasa.co.za was reported as delivered, making the response time after three emails and two calls 2 days.

Your personal contact detail might be published in various media, but how about publishing it on the RAASA website?

My question on this forum, however was about the chain of accountability/escalation within RAASA and beyond.

Gert Coetzee
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:45 pm

I paid R100 for my ATF and included R100 for speedpost to my postal address. RAASA decided to post it snailmail a week too late. A nice R90+ scam. So where do I complain about this?
Where is the accountability? Previousy a quick phonecall to Mary at CAA evoked apologies or a fax to Mr Jordaan or his predecessors did the trick. Now we have a private entity with presumably profit as the only goal?
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Cloud Warrior » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:28 am

Jees Gert

From the looks of things on this site, I would not enjoy flying anymore if I was still in SA.

The RA Aus set up works so well over here. All their employees are paid but they don't try and "ruk die poephol uit die hoender uit"!

Cheers

Sebastian
Solowings Aquilla
32-4817
White Gum Farm, Western Australia
wildthing
First solo

Postby wildthing » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:23 am

Mr. Coetzee
Your ATF application was received on the 24th of June at 14h35 it was processed the same day.
All mail is delivered and collected at the same time every day.
Your mail was collected the next day 25th at approx 14H15.
This gets delivered to the Post Office first thing the next morning 26th in your case and should have arrived on the same day or worst case the 27th.
RAASA has offered this as a service to all our customers through Post Net as a direct delivery and return service registered mail or overnight delivery.
If this service has an occasional delay or does not work as efficiently as we would like than we would be happy to stop offering it as a service and we will use only registered snail mail or you can use a third party and pay a lot more to deliver and pick up your applications from RAASA.

I was not aware that there was a delay with your delivery and you did not give me the courtesy of a call to complain or find out why there was a delay.
Had I known or if you at least gave me the opportunity by phoning me, I would be happy to apologise and refund your money as we rely on Post Net as our service provider to deliver these items in good time as per our arrangement with them.
RAASA is a non-profit organisation as it is a section 21 company and does not profit from our direct mail and return service as we charge our customers the cost that Postnet charges us.
Your refund will be done ASAP and in future should you experience any problems I have already stated that my Cell number in addition to my land line is published on a number of forums including the RAASA web site and it has been there since we started operations.
I say this again RAASA is run by Pilots for Pilots, it has and will continue to go out of its way to offer high levels of customer service to the aviation industry, If there is any dissatisfaction I will personally see to it that we assist those customers or try and find solutions to their problems.

Pierre
RAASA Operations Manager
011 827 9330
076 875 4722
079 349 8946
pierre@raasa.co.za or willem@raasa.co.za or info@raasa.coz.a
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:52 am

Sir,

I do not dispute the fact that my ATF was timeously processed. I am questioning the fact that I paid R100 for postage (Your website requires R78 for overnight delivery). Despite the fact that I paid this, and despite the fact that your website states the ATF will be posted per registered mail, I received mine per snailmail, which costs next to nothing. Now that sounds like a nice profit to me.

Gert Coetzee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wildthing
First solo

Postby wildthing » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:46 am

As I have already stated in my previous letter to you.
If you had called me and given me the opportunity to see why there was a delay in your mail, then I would have dealt with the problem.
I can assure you that there is no scam as you put it and no intention to make any profits.
I have also stated that your REFUND will be processed and we will take up the issue with Postnet as to why this delay was caused and not sent as an overnight delivery, I am sure that there was a simple administration error.

Pierre
011 827 9330
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Yes sure, let's not call it a scam, let us rather call it a profitable oversight.
Mogas
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Mogas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Ok Gert, your point has been made.
I for one think the RAASA change was for the good.
Please lets not see this turn into an Avcom type bun fight!
Nottaquitta
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Call me a pessimist.

When African Skies took the microlighters for a ride, I got some flack for pointing it out and predicting its demise.

I am just pointing out my experience with RAASA thus far. If RAASA is run by Pilots for Pilots (a bit of an overstatement) we should be getting higher levels of customer service compared to what we got from the CAA, not the same (or worse).

Awaiting Mr Laubshers report on why an ATF was posted snailmail, when the least (as stated on website) one can expect is registered mail, and the most one can expect is to get what you paid for.
Mogas
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Mogas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:04 pm

wildthing wrote:As I have already stated in my previous letter to you.
If you had called me and given me the opportunity to see why there was a delay in your mail, then I would have dealt with the problem.
I can assure you that there is no scam as you put it and no intention to make any profits.
I have also stated that your REFUND will be processed and we will take up the issue with Postnet as to why this delay was caused and not sent as an overnight delivery, I am sure that there was a simple administration error.

Pierre
011 827 9330
Looks like a credible response to me.
I was hoping that you too would be satisfied.
Nottaquitta
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:54 pm

I was hoping that you too would be satisfied.
You were? vhpy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
German
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby German » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Went for atf at nine in the morning.Got a phonecall from friendly lady HALF AN HOUR later to say my document (atf)is ready.
NOW THIS IS SERVICE!! (^^) (^^)
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Yes despite my initial experience, and pessimism, from what I see here and on the avcom forum, RAASA seems to get it right.