!!!! SAGPA AGM !!!!

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

MAGNIficent
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

!!!! SAGPA AGM !!!!

Postby MAGNIficent » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi all SAGPA members Please attend AGM on Saturday morning, 19 November 2016 at Kittyhawk.
Meeting starts at 11:00
Lunch after meeting.... (^^)
Last edited by MAGNIficent on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FO Gyro
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: !!!! SAGPA AGM !!!!

Postby FO Gyro » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:29 pm

2016?
Glenn Poley
ex ZU-AWE Windlass Trike
ex ZU-AOA VPM M16 Gyro
ex ZU-BPU Sycamore Gyro
ex ZU-ATC VPM M16 with Rotax 914 Gyro
ex ZU-GJP MT-03 Gyro
ex ZU-NPC RV9A
ZU-RJR Magni M24 Orion Gyro
Wagtail gyro
Heard about flying

Postby Wagtail gyro » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Good afternoon All,
To the "old committee" thanks very much for the efforts through the year. The new committee is elected and our new Chairman can exercise the privilege to introduce all the members to the gyroplane community.
From my side I want to introduce myself, Johan von Ludwig, and Johan Froneman as the people responsible for Technical matters.
Both of us (Johan+Johan) are really passionate about Gyro's and we want to do everything possible (Legally possible) to promote gyro's in general.
For the next 12 months feel free to contact us with any question, concern or complaint about Technical matters.
If you are interested to be kept in the loop about Technical matters and if you are interested in feedback from the Technical committee meetings, please just send me you e-mail address and I will include you.
Regards
Johan von Ludwig
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Wagtail gyro,welcome on the forum (^^) (^^) (^^)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Vertical Tango
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Vertical Tango » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi Johan VL !

That is great news for SAGPA. Thanks for bringing your expertise to this group.
Are you telling me that I have now no reason anymore not to join SAGPA ?

Wishing you a good time, and I think that the SAGPA members should be very honored to have you in the team.

JP
Flying is like dancing, it is a love affair between the pilot and his aircraft
MAGNIficent
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby MAGNIficent » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:57 am

So lets (^^) SUPPORT.....
Last edited by MAGNIficent on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To fly is LIFE...!!!
Keep on LIVING...!!
MAGNIficent
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby MAGNIficent » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Dear Gyro pilot
I would just like to put a few facts forward concerning the SAGPA committee members.

1. Firstly all members are nominated and elected by the paid up SAGPA members.
2. 6 x Committee meetings to be held per year.
3. The Chairman or Vice Chairman to attend every second month the AEROCLUB/RAASA section meetings at RAND AIRPORT.
4. The SAGPA Technical representative have to attend the AEROCLUB TECHNICAL meetings at RAND AIRPORT/RAASA every second month.
5. All Secretarial/Financial/Website issues addressed by Treasurer/Website administrator and take the responsibility of all the financial duties.
6. Event coordinators/region representatives to organize Fly aways in there regions to get the Gyros flying to all these destinations in groups.
7. The members time and work are FREE OF CHARGE, during normal working time, after hours and weekends.
8. The travelling costs are carried by the committee member.
9. Average yearly kilometers travelled from Pretoria to RAND AIRPORT/RAASA, for just attending Aerclub meetings: average of 672km per year.
10. Average yearly kilometers travelled to SAGPA meetings : 312km per year.

The question:
Why do the elected members then DO IT..?
Because they feel that they can contribute or assist there fellow GYROPILOTS in a free and safe flying experience, because flying a GYRO is a PASSION... ##

I therefore ask the GYRO PILOT community to discuss issues with the SAGPA committee, rather to criticize them on OPEN FORUMS.
As a Gyro community, we need to stand together and assist one another, rather then to do nothing and to be negative.... ($$)

We have for 2017, elected a NEW committee with NEW energy, NEW vision and LOTS of enthusiasm….!! ..... (^^)
LET US encourage, help, communicate and contribute to our wonderful sport unconditionally and wish OUR NEW SAGPA committee all the BEST. .....!!!

Please watch this YOUTUBE, presented by Yolande:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rOg4WfNDfM
To fly is LIFE...!!!
Keep on LIVING...!!
Vertical Tango
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Vertical Tango » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Did I trigger this confession ?
Or is this just an account of what SAGPA is meant to do ?
I find it very defensive... Why ?
crazydoc
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby crazydoc » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi VT
My name is George Coetzee and i was elected at the SAGPA meeting onto the committy. We are at this stage still trying to find our feet but are looking forward to taking our beloved gyro sport forward with a few new ideas and plans. I think Magnificent was supporting your friendly and kind response and copied a general post from the SAGPA facebook page in wich he also tried to gain general support for us as a committy and for all of us as gyro friends.
I invite you to join SAGPA and lets see if we can take our sport to another level.
regards
george
Vertical Tango
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Vertical Tango » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi George,

Thank you for your efforts to make SAGPA better. Thank you also for your invitation to join SAGPA and it will probably be my resolution for the new year, as I see a definite willingness to clean up some of the wrongs of the past. I had also a private and friendly chat with Magnificent to understand better his reaction, and all is well. Let's see how things develop ?

Fly safe !

VT
Induna
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Induna » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi

I am a paid up member of SAGPA and did not receive any communication since I joined in June 2015. I did not receive newsletters or any other correspondence from SAGPA.

Maybe you can also keep me in the loop about the happenings at SAGPA, apart from reading what is on forums?

Jacques van der Westhuizen
ZU-IIJ | Zenith CH650B Taildragger
ZU-RHT | Magni M18 Spartan
Condor
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby Condor » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:25 pm

I attended the recent SAGPA meeting and experienced a new breath of fresh air with tremendous enthusiasm.

Being VC for a number of years I cincerly understand the frustrations of Magnificent.

Just my 2C worth.

At the meeting we were around 15 people of an organisation of 182 paid up members. Were were warned that should we not stand together to make SAGPA BETTER, we run the risk to be absorbed again into the Microlighters group, where people that fly at half our speed, not welcome at many airports , etc, will make decisions on our behalf.

Should anybody have anything to add that can make the SAGPA efforts BETTER, please speak up, or even better join the committee.

I find the remark that anybody or any action kept people from joining disturbing, we don't fly the same machine, don't agree but we are too few members to take a shot at each other.

I I had any say, I would make it compulsory to be a SAGPA committee member say once every 5 years.

I wish the new committee all the ebest and you can be sure of my 100% support.
Auto-Gyro Calidus ZU-RRG
nomie
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby nomie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:58 pm

I removed my earlier post bemoaning the fact that for me, a hopefully new gyro pilot, there is 0 information available on what SAGPA has done the last year in order for me to decide whether to join SAGPA or not. Even the events calendar has nothing in it.

The new AGM video posted on the SAGPA facebook page answered all the questions I had in my previous post. The video makes it clear that SAGPA is 100% industry focused. The video also mentions that newsletters are only mailed to members. That explains the lack of information available on SAGPA.

Are there perhaps any associations in SA representing the gyro pilot? Mr google has been no help thus far.

Edit: Whoops, foiled again. I see on the first frame of the video:

"SAGPA represents gyroplane pilots and enthusiasts"

Why does the rest of the video then focus exclusively on industry? Makes no sense? What am I missing?
Yolande
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Yolande » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Dear Nomie,

Thank you for your post!

The video focuses on the gyroplane industry and not the entire industry. We will be communicating with members via the following mediums:

1. Facebook Page
2. Email
3. SMS

Please do join our Facebook page, so that you can be kept up to date, this is our daily communication tool to our members and friends of SAGPA. Email and SMS will only be use for paid up members, and only if pressing info needs to be addressed affecting our Gyro Industry.

We are looking at upgrading the website and George Coetzee is currently busy with this.

You have raised your concern that " there is 0 information available on what SAGPA has done the last year in order for me to decide whether to join SAGPA or not. Even the events calendar has nothing in it.". You have seen the video and what we are planning, is there anything else you would like to add that we need to look at? We are open for suggestions, but need the gyroplane industry to get involved and helping us to achieve the goals and solutions, in order for us to Grow, promote and protect.

Looking forward in welcoming you to the gyroplane industry in the very near future!

Yolande Combrinck
Vice Chair
SAGPA
yolande@rafsa.co.za
Yolande

Postby Yolande » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:18 pm

COMMUNICATION FROM AND TO OUR MEMBERS

We would like to address all concerns and suggestions from our members, but have to use one medium for this. Please can you use the following email address: sagpa@rafsa.co.za for all SAGPA related subjects, and we will respond to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!