Rotor balancing visit to SA

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

Mike G
Looking at the sky

Rotor balancing visit to SA

Postby Mike G » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi
I'm a Brit living and flying gyros (Magni and ELA) in France and visiting SA in February.
I shall be in J.bourg and Cape town and will be bringing my prop/rotor balancing kit (SmartAvionics PB3) with me because I shall be balancing a friends prop (he's a FW pilot ).
I would like to meet (and fly with????) as many gyro pilots as possible and would be happy to demonstrate the PB3 by balancing rotors and/or props while I'm there. If you're interested contact me via this forum.
Mike G
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Rotor balancing visit to SA

Postby Gyronaut » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi Mike

Give us a shout when you are in Cape Town.
Come fly!
We use DynaVibe, would like to see the PB3.
Will pm you my number.

Len
Mike G
Looking at the sky

Postby Mike G » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 am

Len
Thanks, I'll respond to your PM.
Mike
Wagtail
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Wagtail » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Good morning Mike,

We use the Honeywell Helitune Vibrex 4000 and another type with sensors built into the rotor head.
You are more than welcome to drop in where we can compare lots of different size rotors as well. We have Composite rotors from 28ft to 33 ft on machines and Aluminium rotors from 29 ft to 36 ft.
We are based about 100 km South of Johannesburg ( probably your port of entry ) and I can arrange to pick you up if you want to come down

You are going to enjoy your visit and I can see you are going to get lots of flights in as well.....

Regards
Johan
Arrow 1
Heard about flying

Postby Arrow 1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Greetings Mike.

We also use the DynaVibe, and would welcome a visit from you. You would also then get to have a flip in an ArrowCopter.

We are based at Springs Airfield, about 15 minutes from Johannesburg International. Also, the offer is extended to pick you up at the airport.

My mobile contact details are:

+27-(0)82-445-0266.

Regards
Ashley
Mike G
Looking at the sky

Postby Mike G » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Thank you to those who have contacted me and proposed to meet up, I have noted your contact details and will ring you when I arrive.
Here is my schedule.
Arrive Jbourg 5/2/15, staying with a friend (John) until 11/2/15. I should be able to meet people in Jboug area Sunday, Monday and/or Tuesday. My friend flys fixed wing from Springs so I will probably be there some of the time.
Ashley (Arrow1)
I understand you've already talked to my friend John so I hope we can meet up and fly. I visited the Arrowcopter factory last week and was very impressed.
Trevor, I’ll ring you when I arrive to see what we can organise.
On 11/2/15 I fly to Cape Town and will be staying at Mulherton (spelling??) Beach. I’ve been in contact with Dave and Len so plan to visit Morningstar with them.
On the 20/2/15 I fly back to Jbourg to stay again with my mate John until the 25th. I really would like to get to visit Johan (wagtail) but I don’t have any contact details, Johan could you please pm me your phone number.
I’m really looking forward to this.
Mike G