Hope you find this in order.

Regards
Rob
mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: SAGPA AGM & NORTH / SOUTH 2014

Postby mak » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Herewith just a reminder of the upcoming North / South 2014 gathering at Carnarvon the weekend of 19 to 21 September 2014.

Please find herewith attached the Minutes of AGM 2013, Proxy forms, Committee Nominations forms and Agenda for the 2014 AGM. Please complete and return to me before Tuesday 16 September 2014. If there are any items you wish to add to the agenda, please let me know. If you are not attending and wish to add something on the agenda, please also send me a short description of the issue at hand that need to be discussed. Everyone can also have a look at the minutes of the 2013 meeting here attached, to be approved at this year’s meeting.
If there are any queries or suggested changes to the 2013 minutes, you are welcome to contact me.
I am not attaching the current financials here, if you did not receive it via e-mail and want a copy, you are welcome to contact me and I will forward you a copy.

We request everyone to make suggestions on the destination for the 2015 North / South gathering to be considered as well as a willing event organizer.

Every year SAGPA awards epaulettes for 1000, 2000 and 3000 gyro hours and CFI’s. If there are any member that has achieved this but did not receive the appropriate epaulette, please let me know.

Please also forward me your nominations for the following awards:
a) The Sean Klopper remarkable airmanship award
b) The Christa Voster noteworthy achievement award

For those attending, please remember to forward me your fuel requirements for the weekend as well as an indication if you wish to attend the Saturday mornings breakfast flight to Van Wyksvlei.

For those who still wish to attend and didn’t respond previously, please let me know urgently by return mail.

For those not attending, SORRY FOR YOU, but you are going to miss out on some serious Karoo hospitality.

We are a group of six gyros departing Kitty Hawk on 18 September 2014 and travelling via Potch, Eagle Flight Academy, Postmasburg to Groblershoop for a night along the Orange River. The next day via Verneukpan (for a coffee break) to Carnarvon. We will return on Sunday via Douglas, Eagle Flight, Potch and Kitty Hawk.
We might still be able to accommodate one or maybe two gyros in the group for someone really interested, so If there are any takers, please let me know.

Just a reminder of the facilities that will be at the airfield:
a) There will be ‘snoepie’ during the day selling coldrinks,burgers etc
b) There will be Friday night supper (Lamb braai) at the airfield
c) A Saturday night supper (potjie) at the airfield after the AGM
d) A hangar dance (Sat night), so please remember your blue suede shoes
e) There will have konka fires for people to chat around at night.as the evenings can be quite cold still.
f) A cash bar will be available
g) A taxi service to and from the airfield and town / guest houses.
h) Security at night for the gyros.
I) Fuel at the airfield (If you notified me of your requirements)

If you do need any other information, please contact me at marius@altairaviation.co.za

Thanks & regards
Marius
Attachments
MINUTES OF AGM 2013.xls
AGM MINUTES 2013
(41 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
SAGPA AGM 2014 AGENDA.doc
SAGPA AGM 2014 AGENDA
(60 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
SAGPA NOMINATION FORM 2015.doc
SAGPA COMMITTEE NOMINATION FORM
(59 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
SAGPA PROXY FORM 2015.doc
SAGPA PROXY FORM
(23.5 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER
FLYNOTE
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby FLYNOTE » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:57 am

Crazy doc ek is daar ou swaer! Been a long time. Cant wait to give that Calidus a lekka run again! Looking forward to a great Karoo kuier with you guys. (^^) (^^) (^^) the flying is going to be fantastic. Carnavon is the best. vhpy If you fly gyros and miss out on this one you are missing out big time. It will once again be an unforgettable experience. A special entry in your logbook ! is julle Capies reg vir die groot kuier Lennie? Ons sal sien grootbek!
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:56 am

Ons is al gepak en reg. Die groepie van die Kaap af raak al groter. Dalk 8 Gyro's.
Kannie Wag Nie!!
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:49 pm

What a boytjie ! At the Aeroclub evening you promissed me that you would bring along the very best the Cape has to offer from your exclusive cellar in the form of a red one for me to sample and give my honest expert winemaster's/ taster's opinion. If you stick to your part of the bargain I will most certainly comply from my side. Did I mention "the very best" ? Oh I see that I have. n Rooie om n konka :lol: Looking forward !! Gonna be a blast vhpy
mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby mak » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 already
Gyronaut wrote:our Gaggle from Cape Town is packing as we speak!
Johan, with that much packing I am sure there must be a rooie for you.

Some "laat slapers" confirmed their attendance this week, so it seems we will have over 30 gyros and almost 40 gyro pilots, some arriving with their FW's. (Fixed wings for those that didn't know not .... wifes ## ## )

Everyone, please remember cash for your fuel at Carnarvon and cash for your breakfast on the pan.
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:45 pm

If Rob and the guys in central SA talk karoo lamb they mean karoo lamb and you aint tasted anything till youve sampled Carnavon Karoo lamb. If anyone is still umming and ahhing about getting into your flying machine and joining us lot ... Get your gat in rat and do this thing or sit out for another year planning your Saturday flips within sight of your airfield. Mount that gyro of yours and join us on a great cross country into the Karoo. Thats what these machines were meant to do. Its open flat country flying with the most wonderful scenery along the vaal river and the vastness of the Karoo to top it all. You have one week to still come aboard. Do that thing! Weather is going to be great, cameraderie better and the karoo lamb thanks to Rob and the team...the best. Lets go go go!!! Next weekend is it. (^^) (^^) (^^) Len will be bringing along the finest reds from the winelands... But thats for me. You bring your own along! Lets go guys. Contact Marius. Going to be a great one!!! vhpy
crazydoc
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby crazydoc » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Flynote, with all that avionics in your Calidus, dont forget to aviate. :shock: :shock: . Do you also have a Hi-Fi in there? :lol: :lol:
Ek vlieg die keer saam met Marius-hulle maar kan nie wag om my autogyro-pelle daar te sien nie (^^) . Wie almal kom saam ,wat in Botswana was?.
George
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:54 pm

I am so pleased to se the old Gyro "Gees" is still around. Thanks Flynote.

Choke Choke, Start Start, kom ons gan almal Carnarvon toe en as julle twyfel sal die ou grysbaarde soos ek (en Flynote) julle graag bystaan en help waar ons kan.
Onthou, 'n lang cross-country is net 'n klomp kort vlugte aanmekaar gelas. Elke been is 'n vlug op sy eye en voor jy weet is jy daar!

Sien vreeslik uit hierna, soveel so dat as dit reen, dan ry ons met 'n kar tot daar… soos eenkeer tevore! :-)

Kanniewaggie!

(en die rooies uit die mooiste mooiste Kaap kom saam)
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:14 am

I am packed and stacked and ready for "clear prop" early Thursday morning. Nog net twee slapies!! vhpy
I see the Cape weather is fine for Thursday especially Friday and returning Sunday. Bietjie rock and roll met die stywe briesie oor die berge and maybe a slight gyrowash for starters but other than that nothing should hold you back ... maybe just the extra weight with all those rooies on board. (^^)
Looking forward to catching up over the weekend. Fly safe and enjoy. Gonna be lekka!! vhpy
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:49 pm

accuweather oeeeeeeeeeee..... :shock: Whats happening in the fairest Cape tomorrow and Friday? You guys gonna get out of there? Saturday and Sunday seems ok :?
I see for us a potent headwind going to Carnavon all the way and then it does a 180 on Sunday when we return and lo and behold headwind all the way back again :roll:
Ag nou ja... sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes you break even (**)
When I get back to Tedderfield on Sunday I have to land on runway 11/29 with the wind still doing its thing 90deg to the runway :(
But then we fly gyros... (^^)
Davidh
Looking at the sky

Postby Davidh » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Hear some are canceling
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Its lashing down in Cape Town at the moment, hmm, maybe we can follow the cold-front going up. You guys may have to come through it… 8)
Right now we are marking time.

Flynote, we went wine-tasting yesterday… selected the very best reds that the Constantia valley has to offer …
We'll get them there somehow… :-)

See y'all there!
(^^)

Len & Cx
Attachments
Beau Constance.jpg
karoo
First solo

Postby karoo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Friday to Sunday the weather looks reasonable in Carnarvon.We are geared for cold weather . Kagel in the hangar where meals will be served . Konkas outside with big fires and heaters in main hangar . All you have to do is arrive .You will not regret it

Regards
Rob