Thank you!

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

FLYNOTE
Flying low - mind the power lines
Flying low - mind the power lines

Thank you!

Postby FLYNOTE » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:33 am

At the Aeroclub of SA awards evening last night I received a golden wing award with guys like Weidie amongst others for having the privilege of being involved with sport flying! We are a vain spesies and enjoy awards. But awards are so much more special if it involves recognition by your peers. If you stand in a crowd of people and an aeroplane passes overhead, your peer is that other guy who also looks up to the sky to see what aircraft it is. If by chance you make eye contact you may quickly exchange some trivia about that which you have in common..." Its a Seneca, 220 hp lycoming turbo charged powerplants..." " nope thats an E55 Baron, 285 continentals, normally aspirated..." And if its a gyro passing overhead you may both go for Rotax and chances are you are correct. But you still mention it to acknowledge the fact that you are peers! Your peer is the guy who like you has experienced the sheer terror of being confronted by a line of vicious CB's loomin up ahead and the resultant turbulance which makes you regret that you are not on mother earth rather looking upwards than frantically looking earthwards to find a landing spot. Your peer is that guy who like you has experienced the utter thrill and exhilaration of flying in smooth air above the inversion layer with fair weather cumulus floating by. Your peer is that guy who also lost a close friend or knows of someone who lost a close friend to an aircraft accident. Your peer is that rare breed, that special individual, that other privileged guy who also like you has the honour of calling himself ... A pilot. (^^)
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Thank you!

Postby Jabbanaught » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Congrats to you and Weidie , well deserved
Autogyro - Calidus ZU- ???
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby mak » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Congratulations Johan, Weidie and all that received awards and Thank You all for what you guys have done for and contributed to the gyro community. (^^) (^^) (^^)
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 pm

(^^) (^^) (^^)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
jhonmoral
Slow starter

Postby jhonmoral » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Thank You all for what you guys have done for and contributed to the gyro community. (^^) (^^) (^^)
.......Em Crazy..........
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Flynote
=D*
(^^)
You deserve the recognition for being such an amazing ambassador for the sport we love.
Thank you.
Condor
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby Condor » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:02 pm

The awards to Gyro pilots could not have been awarded to more worthy recepiants.

Congratulations to Weidie, Johan and Len.

Yes I might echo, besides that you deserve this the image you convey for Gyro's is great.
Auto-Gyro Calidus ZU-RRG
gyrosa
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby gyrosa » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Well done Johan, Len and Weidie. You guys deserved your awards and you worked damn hard for them. Well done.
MAGNIficent
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby MAGNIficent » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Firstly Johan, it was special for me to have received this Award, secondly to be amongst people like you and the the people present the evening, which made me feel very humble. Lastly for the memories of CHRISTA, I could cherish receiving the Award........ (-)

I SALUTE ALL MY FELLOW AVIATORS.... ##

Thank you to ALL my friends...!!

Best REGARDS

Weidie
To fly is LIFE...!!!
Keep on LIVING...!!