The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Pitch trim wanted for a gyro

Postby mak » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Rampant Rat

Please inform us how your test flight went today and if all is sorted. I would also suggest you keep a copy of the blanket mod approval in your logbook.
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER
Rampant Rat
Ready for the first flight

Re: Pitch trim sorted at last

Postby Rampant Rat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 am

Fortunately a Sycamore is a simple beast and most of their problems have logical solutions. The process of replacing the rotor hub when doing the hydraulic pre-rotator mod includes moving the control arms from the front of the hub yolk to the rear when the hub is replaced. This inverts the original stick back force exerted by the trim springs, into a stick forward force. The springs were kindly replaced and Johan was satisfied with the test flight. I couldn't accurately assess if there was any significant change in the handling characteristics after the mod because of the high winds on Saturday, but it was good enough for me to successfully pass my flight test for license renewal. Dankie Johan.
I can therefore happily report that Sycamore serial No. 001 is again in the sky, and I will keep Mak's advice in mind and make a mental note to improve on my documentation control, starting with the mod approval.
Now back to my question... Does anyone have an electro-pneumatic trim actuator available that I can use to fine tune the trim on my machine?
Richard Smallman
ZU-RKJ Trojan Gyro
ZU-FXN Sling 2
mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Pitch trim wanted for a gyro

Postby mak » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Rampant Rat

Congrats on the flight test, I would also suggest you contact Eric Torr as per Pieter's post, he has installed quite a few already.
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER