NORTH / SOUTH 2013

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

gyrosa
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Re: NORTH / SOUTH 2013

Postby gyrosa » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm

New news about North and South at Upington. After some discussion with Eben at Upington, we decided we must go big or go home.So, the other day I was in an Aero Club meeting and the invitation went out to all the sections of Aero Club to join us.
This can easily be turned into a mini Oshkosh!!!!!!! Think about the possibilities!!!!!!
The reason for this is that all the sections of Aero Club do present a rather divided front in sport aviation where every section is almost jealose in guarding what is happening in their sections. The only way forward for our type of aviation is a united front, where we speak with absolutely one voice.
Eben, please let us have those dates for the land speed record attempt as well as the Bundu Bash. The next suggestion is - what about a tour down the west coast from Kleinzee to Moselbay after Upington (just to round this whole thing off????)
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Count Cx and I in! Sounds awesome. We'll easily get a gaggle from the Cape together for this adventure.
I look forward to it already.

Edit: added 26/4: Just too expensive for what it is. Sorry. Not going.
BONZAI BELL
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby BONZAI BELL » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:42 am

Hi daar Eben
Geseende Kersfees aan jul almal , en ook al my ander gyro pelle.
Sal jy asb. net vir my die volgende uit klaar. Ek sien baie uit na hierdie event.
Ek het n voeltjie hoor fluit , dat die landings fooie op Upington baie duur is . Wil jy nie asb. vir ons duidelikheid hieroor kry nie
Groete
Swannie
ZU-EOL
Magni M-22
saraf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby saraf » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Swannie ,

Dit hang mos maar af wie jy ken op upington hoe jou fooie gaan lyk!!!!!,!, :lol:

Met so n event sal ek reelings tref. Moet julle nie worry nie met my suster aan die stuur spring julle dit nog miskien vry ook.

Groete eben
Good instructors always speak well about all flying machines.
Bad instructors speak badly about machines they cannot fly.
saraf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby saraf » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Die fooi tans is R95 + btw.
Newguy
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Newguy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:19 pm

All sounds great. Just one question...dates? We are now in the new year and I would like to do some planning. My priority is the gyro trip but without dates it ends up a spur of the moment decision. The cape gyros are always keen for a trip. :mrgreen:
saraf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby saraf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:07 pm

The date for the bundu is from the 30th of May 2013 to the 2nd of June 2013, i am busy getting a 10 year weather report for that time to make sure we have very good chance of great weather. So the date may shift little but not much depending on the report.

Regards eben jnr
Newguy
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Newguy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Scene from the Past North vs South
Attachments
IMG_3150.JPG
GYRONUT enroute FAHV
IMG_3150.JPG (64.94 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
Newguy
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Newguy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 pm

FAHV
Attachments
POST.JPG
POST.JPG (73.5 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
Newguy
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Newguy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:21 pm

F.A.R.M.

Richmond
Attachments
#1.JPG
#1.JPG (63.47 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
M I Claase
First solo

Postby M I Claase » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Today is the 06 March 2013 and there is no news regarding the arrangements for N/S meeting and times running out. Not even from the the SAGPA commitee whom I think should play a leading role for such a event. Are we again heading for a non event as in 2012? Is the venue a problem? Come on guys lets give our support and let this event happen. Who of the commitee is responsible for event arrangements? lets start with the commitee and let them all speak out in favour of the event and join in, this way we will all know whats happening and what not. If the commitee is not in support, cancel the N/S and lets give our full support to the guys down in Upington and join in with the Kalhari Bundu Bash. After all they are putting in a lot of effort.
Tinkerbell
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 am

As per previous posts SAGPA has already given their support to the the Bundu Bash as the N/S venue. Eben has posted all the necessary links for arrangements to be made.
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
ZU-RKU Zen
ZU-RTM Calidus
http://www.altairaviation.co.za
M I Claase
First solo

Postby M I Claase » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 am

I went back to the N/S gariep forum and if comparing the enthusiasm I noticed the following;
By the 7th March 2011 discussions were already at page 8 against page 2 currently.
By the 2nd March there were 53 committed names listed against 0 currently.
By the 10th March discussions were at page 10.
My intensions is to save the N/S and to achieve this we need some leadership from the commitee to blow new life into the N/S meeting.
Time is running out and as Eben said there are 26 days left today for them to make a decission regarding the arrangements. Without support their hands are cut of.
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm

I am posting this in my personal capacity - not as a committee member of SAGPA:

If I recall correctly, North Meets South was contested last year between Carnarvon and Upington. A web poll was held and Upington won on the understanding that Carnarvon would be the following year. For some reason Upington then fell through and never happened. It logically follows therefore that North Meets South this year should be at Carnarvon! (or is my logic flawed?)
:?: :?: :?:

Len
saraf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby saraf » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Manne

Ek het nou n paar mense al gekry wat se die bundu is te duur. En as gevolg van die kostes nie die north meets south ding saam met die bundu wil he nie.

Ek wil net dit met almal uitklaar dat SAGPA ons gevra het of hulle die n meets s saam met die bunde kan hou en nie anders om nie. As SAGPA dan besluit om dit met Canarvon te hou het ons geen probleem nie. Die Bundu Bash gaan nog aan, met of sonder North Meets South........

Wat die kostes aanbetref van die bundu het yolande als in detail op die internet gesit waarvoor dit gaan. En ek dink dit is n ongelooflike prys vir wat jy gaan ondervind en kry daai paar dae.

Juanita baie dankie vir jou push van die bundu vir north meets south van sagpa se kant af ons hier by RAF aardeer dit regtig baie. Dit is jammer jy het nie die ondersteunong gekry van jou kolegas af nie.

Groete eben jnr.