Thanks Eben Snr + Jnr

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

M I Claase
First solo

Thanks Eben Snr + Jnr

Postby M I Claase » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks for the training on short take off and landings and the power taxi with power landings!!! Thanks for switching off the engin twice on short finals!! I know now what to do when engine out happens!! If only I knew I would have had someone to make a video for the forum not to show of the landings but to see if I could reconize my face behind my big eyes! :shock: It was very scary, my heart sat in my throut and I thought this is the end but by forcing me to keep the nose much lower than with engine and maintaining 65 mph - except for very little rudder effiecency and slightly higher aproached speed - the round out was normal and landing smooth! The second time round still worked my nerves but at least I knew what was comming. This time I was in control, with Eben at a close standby, nose down 65 mph round out smooth and landing without a bounce and standstill within 1 metre. Althought this was at a airport, I can say I have been there and done that!

I take my hat off for guys like Eben Snr+Jnr who has the experience to give training at this level. What I thought my gyro can do what I have learned I am glad to say I operated well within the envelope of my machine and even more so to really know I have plenty of margin left.

Thank you again! Our Gyro community needs more People like YOU!!
Leonvz
Signed up at flight school

Re: Thanks Eben Snr + Jnr

Postby Leonvz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Although I am not an aviator I did experience that on my introductory flight. Now you understand why I was "carried away" by this unique professional handling of Eben Jnr of his aircraft! Once again, BRAVO EBEN
Leonvz