Postby Pajero » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi ek opsoek na inligting oor mk1 met enj subaru 2.5
1.brandstof verbruik
2.betroubaarheid
3.parte beskikbaar
4.gewig optel hoeveelheid kg
5.stabielleteit
6.wind opsteig en land
7.en alles om te weet van mk1 positief en negatief.
8.hoeveelheid is gebou
9.hoeveel is te koop
peterb
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Re: Sycamore mk1

Postby peterb » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi Pajero. daar is n paar sycamore's in die mark op die oomblik. Jy moet met Leon (lowlevel) Claude (weedy) en Len (jetranger) gesels hul vlieg Sycamore's ek is seker hul sal jou vrae kan beantwoord. Baie behulpsame ouens ##
Voorspoed
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Ek het 'n Sycamore Mk1 met 'n Rotax 914 engine. Ek het geen ondervinding van die Subaru nie maar ek weet die RAF gebruik dit met sukses.

Ek is baie gelukkig met my Sycamore en hoef nie veel meer te se nie.
weedy
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby weedy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 pm

I too have the MK 1 with a 914 and is the only gyro I have flown. The CAA aircraft register will answer some of your questions. For the rest contact Johan v Ludwig (Wagtail), he has done pull tests on the Subaru powered Sycamore and can provide lots of info.
Claude
NickL
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby NickL » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:07 pm

One the nicest gyro's I have flown was a Sycamore with a 2.5 Subaru and I think a 33' aluminium rotor!
RAVEN ZU-IAV
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:30 am

Just a little more info for Pajero;

I weigh 80kg's and Koyote (about 110kgs) and I flew his machine from Springs with full tanks no problems.

My machine is serial number 50 and I believe 3 were built after mine and exported to Holland.

By way of camparing fuel consumption, the Sycamore weighs 80kgs more than an M16 but is more aerodynamic. My mates have Magni M16's and when we fly long distance together I use roughly 62 litres to their 60 litres on average. We have checked and for the same weight on board I run at about 200 RPM more than they do for the same speed.

Wind: All gyro's are wind-tolerant. The heavier they are the more stable they seem to be. I flew in my Sycamore yesterday here in the Cape. Along Blaauwberg beach, into wind my airspeed was 90mph and my GPS showed a groundspeed of 44mph. Clearly flying into a headwind of 46mph (74kph) :shock: It was a non-event. Takeoff into strong wind it leaps into the air, landing is simple since you hover it in gently.

Horses for courses, all I can say is that I don't intend selling my Sycamore.

Len
franss
Pre flight checks done

Postby franss » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:35 am

I am the very proud owner of a Sycamore Mk 1.I havent been flying for long but trained on a Magni M16.The aircraft is different,but not to the extent that i think the Magni is Superior.Also i fly with doors,with the general perception that its difficult to handle.This is utter rubbish and flying with doors have a magnitude of advantages.My aircraft is stable to the extent that i can take my hands of the cyclic and my feet of the rudder pedals,simultanously.and she wil fly straight and level.The brakes (which is poor on the Sycamore can be vastly improved at very little cost.)Mine has the rotax engine but the person to answer your questions relating to the Subaru would be Johan von Ludwig of Wagtail aviation.He is working to improve the setup fot aviation compliance and reliability.Eventually this retrofit wil cut down on the affordability and also maintainance cost of the aircraft.Alot of interesting things happening at Wagtail,just happened to fly there on Tuesday.

franss 083 382 1627
SYCAMORE Mk 1 ZU-CCN
Rhino Park