SAGPA AGM & NORTH / SOUTH 2014

The meeting place for gyronauts, gyronuts and those nuts about gyro's

Moderators: Condor, FO Gyro, Gyronaut

Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: SAGPA AGM & NORTH / SOUTH 2014

Postby Gyronaut » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Looking forward to your Karoo hospitality Rob.
You guys always make us feel so special. Perhaps this is because the History of Gyroplanes in SA started right there in Carnarvon.

See you on Friday.

Len & Cx
mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby mak » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Thank you for all your trouble Rob, we are looking forward to it.
To everyone on their way there, please fly safe.
See you all there then we can (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER
FLYNOTE
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby FLYNOTE » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:28 pm

Robbie ...we will be there :x the headwind only means we will be there 30 minutes later than planned but we will be there. And just check out that Klopper man with the gyroload of red wine. He will be be there as well. Just checked with MET now. Not so bad as predicted. We are on our way. (^^) Carnavon...here we come. vhpy tomorrow at 06hoo " clear prop" and Friday its " showtime" at Carnavon for the event of the year. It cannot be missed (^^) noooo ways!! (^^)
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Was a walk in the park and we are safely in Kimberley. Tomorrow on to Carnarvon. Man oh man do these gyros just love the wind. Was gusting 38 and no effect what so ever on the Calidus. The 8 of us are having a ball. We are staying in a historic brothel. :shock: Yes you heared correctly. The dames are long gone. Left in 1890. Hope the Capies are doing well!!
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Ons sit vas, die weer hier is gladnie vliegbaar nie.
Ek gaan maar solank een van Flynote se rooies moet oopmaak lyk dit my…. :-)

As dit more beter lyk is ons oppad.
karoo
First solo

Postby karoo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Was pretty cold today , but clearing up.The rest of the weekend looks good.Will have some sherry ready for those that get cold on the way.Hope everyone can make it

Groete
Rob
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:35 am

We woke up to pouring rain and terrible visibility here this morning. :(

I had to make a call and sadly we will have to cancel our plans. I am too old to fly in poor weather, sorry guys.
As for driving up, I know it will be great to see everyone but I am sure you will understand… Sorry, its simply too far.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend and a successful AGM.

Len & Cx
karoo
First solo

Postby karoo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi Len
Really sorry you guys cant make it.till next time

Rob
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Had a fantastic flight down from Kimberley. Great flying along the river. Landed safely in lovely weather at Carnarvon. Fantastic reseption from Robbie and the guys. Tomorrow breakfast at a pan near van Wyksvlei. Then AGM and then skaaptjops and kuier ! Its great down here. MUST become a yearly event!!
mak
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby mak » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:08 pm

We just returned from a great weekend with incredible Karoo hospitality. Rob, we don't know how to thank you for your efforts and hard work, you made this weekend special and unforgettable for everyone, no wonder all members voted to make this a yearly event at Carnarvon.
Sorry for the guys that couldn't attend due to bad weather, we really missed you, but safety first.
To the pilots that haven't done any trips like this, guys get yourself in a group for next year, it is a must attend event.
Herewith just a few low resolution cellphone photos of our trip.
Approaching Groblershoop over Orange River.jpg
Approaching Groblershoop over Orange River
Overnight at Groblershoop1.jpg
Overnight at Groblershoop
Orange River1.jpg
Orange River
En route to Carnarvon1.jpg
En route to Carnarvon
Lunch break at Verneukpan2.jpg
Lunch break at Verneukpan
Preparing for take off at Verneukpan.jpg
Preparing for take-off on Verneukpan
Gyros arriving at Carnarvon2.jpg
Gyros arriving at Carnarvon
Evening at Carnarvon.jpg
Evening at Carnarvon
Van Wyksvlei Breakfast.jpg
Breakfast at Van Wyks vlei pan
Van Wyksvlei Breakfast2.jpg
Breakfast at Van Wyks vlei pan
Sunrise over Carnarvon.jpg
Sunrise over Carnarvon
www.altairaviation.co.za
HOME OF XENON & ZEN GYROCOPTER
FLYNOTE

Postby FLYNOTE » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:30 am

Now that was one of the most enjoyable fly aways I have had in a long time. vhpy Guys...those of you who decided to give it a skip... You really really missed out big time. The wind was pumping near Kimberley but nothing that gyros can't handle. We even orbitted the groot gat for 10 minutes on arrival to take pics. The rest of the weekend was glorious. Incredible flying, the best hospitality and acommodation out, the food...boy o boy the food! And just the flight to the pans and the breakfast in the middle of nowhere ... Breakfast? :shock: a moerse Karoo braai with wors and skilpadjies and netvet, all Tim Nokes through and through. If you are enjoying your gyro and want to use it for all the reasons you bought it...BOOK YOUR PLACE FOR THE 2015 CARNARVON GYRO AGM FLY IN NOW. IT IS THE GREATEST EVENT FOR GYROS. It will become tradition as we speak , that if you do not attend this event you aint got the gyro T shirt yet. It really is a must for all gyro pilots. ## ## ##
A huge thanks to Marius for organising, Altius et Latius for chairing, Rob and the guys for an unbelieveable experience, all the Cararvon folk who went out of their way to ensure that we had the most fantastic stay and all my gyro buddies for doing this thing together. Lennie...sorry for you. ^ The weather in the Cape nailed you but the rooie can mature so long for the next Carnarvon AGM fly inn in April. Viva gyros viva!! (^^)
And just by the way...we did the trip back in one go...taking off at 06h00 into the most unbelievable sunrise and landed home at 15h30 on runway 29 in calm conditions. Accuweather had it wrong this time :oops:
karoo
First solo

Postby karoo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 am

It was great meeting all of you. Hope everyone had a safe flight home.We look forward to seeing you next time and meeting many more.

Groete
Rob
(Andre from Van Wyksvlei let me know they appreciated your visit to the pan and hope to see you again)
crazydoc
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby crazydoc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:52 pm

My first real far fly-away and i must say im impressed. I have been on a few bike trips, camping trips,
offroad trips,etc. but this takes the cherry on top. vhpy vhpy.
The constant adrenaline rush :shock: ,excitement :lol: , anticipation vhpy , scenary, camaradarie (^^) , hospitality xxx , friendliness :wink: :wink:, is just impossible to describe in words..I dont want to sound melodramatic but really, this was fantastic. And meeting great fellow gyronauts from all over SA just added to the feeling of mutual excitement.
Last year i was to scared to go to Douglas because of the winds and only one direction runway but with Carnarvon having all three direction runways made it easy to go. And flying in a little group of expienced pilots made it a great learning curve and safe trip.
To all my fellow gyro mates, thanks for a great weekend but above all to Rob,Jasper, and the rest of your team,and all the friendly sexy "tannies" : You have our respect (^^) (^^).See you next year
karoo
First solo

Postby karoo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi Crazydoc

Looking forward to your next visit.Make sure you bring some friends with.

Groete
Rob
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Ok Ok stoppit now please...
I am already bleak that I could not make it this year and its a long time till next yeat but WE WILL BE THERE!!

So sorry we missed it this year… GGRRR

It is a great, not to be missed event!

Weather is never good for the Cape at this time of the year...

See you all in 2015. Please make it a different weekend to the Thrust SSC at Hakskeenpan.

Len