What is the purpose of the Training Talk forum

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

What is the purpose of the Training Talk forum

Postby Morph » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:12 pm

This forum has been established at the request of Past Master.

The Student
Here you can pose questions regarding your training, what sort of syllabus will be followed, what subjects you will cover, hours required, medical required, paperwork required etc.

The Instructor
There are a number of instructors on this forum and they can use this forum to post changes in legislation specifically regarding training, concerns, items to be highlighted. This forum is aimed at the student specifically and not an Instructor-to-Instructor discussion group as already catered for somewhere else on this forum.
Greg Perkins
Camell
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Camell » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Nice one, Morph.

I am sure we will all benefit!
Dagan
Slow starter

Re: What is the purpose of the Training Talk forum

Postby Dagan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi guys/gals

I'm immensely impressed by the complete devotion that trike and ultra light aircraft pilots have towards safe recreational flying.
From that i first found this site i wasn't aware of such a big pool of recreational aviators out there.

Therefore i wish to thank Braam from Heidelberg for NOT selling me his aviate trike. Does this sound weird?

He had a aviate aspect trike for sale, wich i thought will belong to me, but to his honest opinion and advice i'm still in the market for my little bird.
I was eager and ready and wanted to clinch the deal at the first sight. He almost convinced me not to buy the trike, which i found uncanny. After my enquiry as to why it seems that he didn't want to sell it he stated that he didn't think it was right for me (various reasons entered :oops: )

After i left i was amazed and a bit upset about his advice of calling him back if i still wanted the trike ( I WANTED THE TRIKE!!!!!)
After a week of smouldering :twisted: i finally came to the conclusion that i didn't want the trike... :shock:

I wish to thank Braam and his son for not throwing me to the wolves.
I see a bright and safe future for new pilots and aviation when you have people that doesn't bull@%*! you.

Oom Braam, if you read this, please contact me on 079 028 1235 (Chris)
I'm interested in that little Cub replica in your hanger.

Keep up the good work.

Sincere greetings.
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 am

as long as you fly
Greg Perkins
petercummins89
Slow starter

Postby petercummins89 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:18 am

Definitely agree with what you stated. Your explanation was certainly the easiest to understand. I tell you, I usually get irked when folks discuss issues that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail right on the head and explained out everything without complication. Maybe, people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
utah msha courses
wyoming msha courses
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 am

petercummins89 wrote:Definitely agree with what you stated. Your explanation was certainly the easiest to understand. I tell you, I usually get irked when folks discuss issues that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail right on the head and explained out everything without complication. Maybe, people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
utah msha courses
wyoming msha courses
## ## ## ## ## ## ##
Taliban or LP!
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
packers
Slow starter

Postby packers » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:25 pm

I would like to join the microlight family and do my license at a school, but would like to know what are the costs are to get a license. Also would one day like to be owner or part owner of a microlight but what is the running cost of microlight? Can some one please assist
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:08 am

packers wrote:I would like to join the microlight family and do my license at a school, but would like to know what are the costs are to get a license. Also would one day like to be owner or part owner of a microlight but what is the running cost of microlight? Can some one please assist
Welcome to our world!!! (^^) (^^)
Tel me where you stay(town or city),and I'll recommend a training school in your area. (!!)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE