DIFFERENCE BETWEEN C.C.M AND L.S.A

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
Suesing
Top Gun
Top Gun

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN C.C.M AND L.S.A

Postby Suesing » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:18 am

Guys its no big deal. Very nice to become a light sport pilot-closest you are going to get to being a P.P.L . Once you have qualified on the easiest LSA aerie to fly- BEAST BATHAWK,(fantastic wing design) the world is your oyster. There are millions of L.S.A aeries to choose from, and now its just a conversion - all the hard graft is behind you. What i have noticed is that some guys go and buy speedy/slippery aeries and really battle to slow them down , and one takes ages to qualify , and get despondent.
Diferences 1. Minimum of 15 hrs to go from c.c.m microlight to L.S.A
2. One landing at a controlled airfield (in my case we will go to Sun City what a Jol)
3. If you are starting from scratch - minimum of 35 hrs.(min of 15hrs solo)
4. If you are starting with a trike license , pretty much take it as starting from scratch- although i will read up on the cats what the credits are.
Where i will be tougher will be on performance ie : landing distances/take off , density altitude , weight and balance.
We are still going to do some good old fashioned map reading!
http://www.valleyflightsmicrolighting.com
Jabiru Instructor ( Grade B)
Thatchman
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN C.C.M AND L.S.A

Postby Thatchman » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:05 pm

Suesing wrote: Once you have qualified on the easiest LSA aerie to fly- BEAST BATHAWK,(fantastic wing design) the world is your oyster. There are millions of L.S.A aeries to choose from, and now its just a conversion
Sue, surely its better to qualify on a plane that is similar to the one that you intend to own - assuming you know.

For example I am building an RV12 so I would rather qualify on a Sling than a Bathawk as it has similar flying characteristics.

Whats the point in learning on something that's easy to fly and then struggling with a conversion or even worse getting a conversion but maybe being less familiar on it?
Parasitic Drag: A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

ZU - forePLaY
Suesing
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN C.C.M AND L.S.A

Postby Suesing » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 am

Ya i aggree Thatch , way to go. I think im referring more to Bantam / Trike pilots who are not sure what the way foreward will be. Also there is a huge financial implication , sort of the most ecenomical way to qualify as LSA on an easy aerie. Better to start off on a C172 rather than a Bonanza....is my thinking. But it doesnt really matter , the guys must do their own thing.
http://www.valleyflightsmicrolighting.com
Jabiru Instructor ( Grade B)