RAASA ON THE RIGHT TRACK

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
Suesing
Top Gun
Top Gun

RAASA ON THE RIGHT TRACK

Postby Suesing » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:48 am

After attending the Raasa instructors conference last Friday, i came away for the first time with a feeling off satisfaction. In my personal opinion the Raasa leadership have at last got onto the right track. Apart from the well organised conference , the content revolved around teaching and teaching styles, as well as the newly forrmulated theory exams ,the way they are marked, but what was most welcome off all-the way foreward for recreational flying. Raasa made it clear they did not intend creating more regulations, and were going to sift through those that did not apply to our industry , and create our own rules and regs. This will be a long task , i was astounded at the passion and dedication of the guys who have taken it apon themselves , to lead the way in this endeavour. The amount of man hours taken to create a fair exam system can hardly be imagined , many examples of the questions as well as the marking system were shown to us instructors. No longer a "catch you out" mentality, the emphasis on met and Nav -something i have been banging on about for years.
Raasa"s golden thread during the conference was that whilst creating our own appropriate laws , the standard of flying instruction should not be compromised - especially in an environment where discipline and the type of pilots we teach, in a way , is more difficult to maintain than in a more formalised comm flight school. So fun and freedom will remain, with regulations that are black and white , BUT ,with instuctors who are prepared to strive for a high standard of teaching.

Sue.
http://www.valleyflightsmicrolighting.com
Jabiru Instructor ( Grade B)
Pierre Bothma
Looking at the sky

Re: RAASA ON THE RIGHT TRACK

Postby Pierre Bothma » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:10 pm

(^^) Well said!
Knows about Flying!
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K