Just resuming training

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Re: Just resuming training

Postby Zigzag » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:28 pm

I've been keeping an eye on that trusty old board, and as things are now it will be a good opportunity for me to "escape".
Got my mother in law flying in from the UK on the 12th to stay with us for a month. (**)
So I should be meeting up with you lads at the S&R on the 13th. vhpy vhpy

What time will it be, I should think early morning as I know some dudes want to fly in for it.

Keep it real :P
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:51 pm

My trike is going to take about 2 weeks.
Post me the details of your airfield and I'll try and pop in on my way home.
You guys realy have a nice area to fly in, will make aplan to visit more often
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:36 am

Hi TC,

I fly out of JAG Airfield, 3NM north of the Cullinan Dam. You would probably fly directly over it on the way back to Bela Bela. The co ordinates are availiable on the Jag Air Africa website. It is a nice runway 1000m 10 and 28 heading with two crosswind strips (a little bumpy) both 200m long. Welcome anytime but its a very quite strip. Hardly anyone lands there. Rhino Park much better in terms of facilities etc for a breakie or coffee.

Put it in your GPS as it is a nice "alternate" in that area should you ever get stuck in the weather! The Owner is John Grobler and he can arrange accomodation for you as well if ever needed.

Hope to see you at the S+R at Aeroden? I see you recently got your wings! Mooi Man, hope you are enjoying it. I have about ten Hrs solo still to go. (^^)
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:01 am

Hey TC

I fly from Rhino Park (still in training) and it's a great place. Will be even better when they complete the main runway by about end November is the plan. In fact my instructor Ian will be one of the manne working on your plane. If he is as good a machanic as he is an instructor, then trust me your plane is in good hands, he is meticulous. vhpy

Once I get my license, the plan is for myself and the softness to come and spend a naweek there by your place, looks good.
If your plan is to visit Rhino more often in the future, hopefully we will meet up there sometime. (You too Alan)

Cheers for now. (^^)
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Bundy –
Thanks for the info I will add it to my gps and will do a fly by on my way back maybe I’ll see you then (!!)
My licence is now almost 2 months old and I managed to add 17 hours to it. vhpy
All the best with the last bit of your training just keep pushing the hours and it will pay off
We will be at Aeroden’s S+R are you guys flying inn?

Zigzag –
My first flight in a microlight was with Ian and from there on I was hooked vhpy
You are more than welcome to come and visit at anytime. At the moment we are busy extending and scraping my runway to 600m and the hangar will be finished in the next couple of weeks
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2

Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:17 am

TC
I went up flying yesterday afternoon (Stalls and steep turns etc) was great. I managed to have a look at your baby ZU-DBP. Nice machine. Tell me, having your aerials up on the king post instead of on the nose, does it make much difference? :?:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey TC, I will hopefully convince my instructor to fly in to Aeroden but will see. Will def make it by car at least so look forward to meeting you. Went up this morning, did two circuits and landed. Terrible conditions and nearly saw my arse due to bad rotors off the trees near the threshold. Was clocking 155km/hr GS on the downwind leg! (according to GPS) Aproaching the runway at nearly 45 degrees to centre line! KAAAK! Hope these conditions get a bit better soon. :(
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:11 am

Hey Al
Why is it that the wind just Looooves our area more than most. :( Kind a puts a halt on racking up the hours. ## I think I will be coming in by car at Aeroden, but either way at least we are attending.
vhpy
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 am

Zigzag wrote:TC
I went up flying yesterday afternoon (Stalls and steep turns etc) was great. I managed to have a look at your baby ZU-DBP. Nice machine. Tell me, having your aerials up on the king post instead of on the nose, does it make much difference? :?:

Thanks it’s been almost 1 week and I am starting to miss my trike :( luckily the bad weather helps with the withdrawal symptoms
The antenna being so high on the king post and the fact that it is a Airmagic one works very good for me, the only thing I noticed is when I get close to Brits I start picking up what sounds like a radio station or something like that :?

Hopefully my trike will be done before the Aeroden S&R otherwise I’ll have to drive there :(>

Bundy – I have added the gps co ords. and will fly past Jag on my way back (^^)
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2

Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 pm

This wind sucks DONKEY BALLS! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:28 am

Second that one mate! :evil:
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:45 am

Man I'm getting seriously peeved with this weather. Hav not been able to fly for two weeks now. Was hoping to get my license befor year end but at this rate, does not look likely with at least 7.5 hrs to go solo still. :( :(
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:23 am

Me too (with the weather), but just think how sweet it's gonna be when you finally get that long awaited for license (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:29 pm

For sure mate! By the way, you havn't forgotten about the SR presentation on Sat? i see it starts at 15h30.
Zigzag
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Zigzag » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:15 am

So far so good, but I have the family arriving in dribbs and drabbs starting from Wednesday this week, (**) from George and London, so hopefully no hiccupps there between now and then. (^^)