GOING TO START FLYING SOON

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: GOING TO START FLYING SOON

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Hallo.We are planning to fly sunday. :lol: The weather doesn't look good for saturday :( I must also install a gate motor on saturday.We going to do circuits! vhpy I am reading up about it :roll: I cann't wait for this lesson. puff I just hope the weather is calm.FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Hallo!I got the ATF for CAI on friday afternoon.The girls at RAASA is great!!I (^^) only wait 20 min for the atf for owner training!Then saterday evening I got a call from Porra!He got a stomach bug!!So his battery was "PAP" :cry: I hope that he is better for this weekend :lol: I am getting withdrawl symptoms :lol: :lol: :wink: The handbook that i readed about the landings explains everthing well.There is a few things that i must see how it works and that Porra must explain to me!I cann't wait for this lesson!FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
Porra
Survived second engine out

Postby Porra » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:13 am

:shock: Hey Johan, still a bit pap :( but on my feet again. Looking forward to getting you back in the air again bud. Lets hope the wx plays along this week end!! :wink:
"Always remember.... You're unique..............just like everyone else...." ;-)
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks Porra!! 8) I am glad that you feel better!!I cann't wait to get back in the air! :lol: I just hope the weather holds for the weekend.It looks on friday that there is a 80% change of rain.I hope also that you 100% better over the weekend!Drink all your gummie juice!! :lol: :lol: (^^) FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
Porra

Postby Porra » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:55 am

:wink: Feeling much better already. Hope wx is good on the weekend (!!)
"Always remember.... You're unique..............just like everyone else...." ;-)
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Hallo!!On 23 november I did my first landings!First landings(7 off) :roll: power off was great!!I did 2 "GOOD" landings,the other 5 were a little bad :( The one landing I did it by myself with out help from Porra!My trike stalls at 38-42mph so landing speed is 48mph.With the bar in I did about 48-51mph.With one of the landings I baloon it(Bunny hopes) but Porra said I will pay double landings fees for it!! :lol:On this day I got a little cross wind!A great exercise!!Then on 30 november we went up again about 6h30.Wind was calm on the ground but in the air was a different story.Our flight took us Kliprivier airfield.I did a left and right turn and i got it perfect.I stop the trikes turn 15 deg before my point on the horison and i kept my altitude vhpy (^^) We did a touch and go at Klipriver.Then I experience a inner wing stall because my airspeed was low.I was busy to do the turn when a gust hit the wing.It hit me and my foot slipped off.Porra told me to add power and to pull the wing in to gain airspeed.A lesson well learned! (^^) We recoverd quickly out of it.We planned to fly on saterday morning but the wind blown to hard! :( So my next lesson will be in the new year!Our shop close on friday and then I will be on holiday for 3 weeks,lekkkker!! vhpy :lol: (^^) FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
Porra

Postby Porra » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:45 pm

:wink: Ah good to see you back on-line!! Pitty about the wx, i would have liked to have you in the air for anothe hour or two before the holidays, but that's life. Good to hear you learnt a very valuable leson after that stall! hopefully you will never do that again :twisted: Here's wishing you and your family and everyone reading this post a very Mary Christmass and a wonderfull New Year!! See you when you get back for your lessons early in Jan 2010. Enjoy!! (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)
Porra

Postby Porra » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:04 am

:shock: Hey Johan, you won't belive the beautifull flying weather up here for training the past few days!! As always, we go away and the weather desides to turn for the better!! :twisted:
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:33 am

Hi Guys

Yea it is the Mr MURPHY thingy that allways creaps in just when you really do not need it to.
Enjoy the training (^^)
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:47 pm

Hallo,Porra!!Yes thats always the case with the weather!! :lol: :lol: The 2 weeks on the farm the weather was also great!Sunrise was at 5 and sun under 19h45 :roll: I check some possible runways some 300-450m long (^^) .I also took some photos aswell!I also wish to go up today but the corollas waterpump broke and my mechanic fix it this afternoon (^^) So saterday morning we will go down to margate for 2 weeks,lekkkkkker! :lol: After all the hard work on the farm i am looking forward to this holiday.Hope we can make a plan to fly!! :roll: Happy Christmas to everyone on this forum and a very good flying year for 2010!! (^^) :mrgreen: FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Yipp!!It's a new flying year!I cann't wait for the first lesson! ** Porra phoned me on monday and told me to get my paper work sorted out. :roll: :wink: I must get my student pilot lic and misasa,aeroclub papers in order.We plan to fly Friday afternoon.Porra enjoy your holiday(fly time) :lol: :lol: FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
Porra

Postby Porra » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:11 pm

:twisted: Hey guys!! Back to the grind stone :( Johan, hope the wx is good for Friday! I will be at the airfield from the morning, as i need to service my plane!! New Year and lots of good safe flying!! ## ##
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:54 pm

Yipp!Mr. wx gave us trouble so we cancelled the afternoon! :cry: :lol: But maybe early tomorrow we will fly! (^^) We planning for 2 hours.I feel a little bit nerves but when I go up then everything will be okay!!This year I celebred my 20th year of flying with friends. (^^) So,this is my year to get my licence! puff FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:45 pm

What a lekker day for flying!! (^^) My first hour we did a medium and one steep turn,perfect!Then we did a touch and go at vereeniging airfield,one of my favourable airfields.Then we did a power off stall but my wing dip.Next time i will catch it! :oops: We landed and refuel!Then we did landings and circuits!At one stage I didn't keep to circuit high and was tolded by Porra to keep to circuit hight,he is very stricted about it! ## After the full stop we sit down and discuss the lesson and now I will never be lower than circuit high because it puts my live and other pilots lives in danger!Thanks,Porra for being a good instructor! (^^) I did 2 landings by myself ,it is a lekkker feeling. (^^) ## Flying time today was 1.8 and now I have 10.3 hours. :mrgreen: FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD (!!)
Lesser_spotted_owl
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Lesser_spotted_owl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:22 am

Good Stuff Johan,

what time did you fly on Saturday?

(^^)
"wrong" is one of those concepts that depends on witnesses
ZU-CRC Cobra