GOING TO START FLYING SOON

Questions about training in general, syllabus', requirements etc
African Grey
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Re: GOING TO START FLYING SOON

Postby African Grey » Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Shocking WX this morning....Jose sms'd me at 5:30. Only saw it at 8:00am. maybe later then.

Russ
Russell Bird
Pedal Car.co.za / Ski Blue.co.za
Durban North
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Sat May 01, 2010 6:35 pm

African Grey wrote:Shocking WX this morning....Jose sms'd me at 5:30. Only saw it at 8:00am. maybe later then.

Russ
Shocking Wx no try lightning wx!Porra made the right call to canselled the training thanks Porra!It was raining from the Circus till Heidelberg!It only cleared at two!Hope tomorrow is better but only after lunch for some thermal training(Rock & Roll) :lol: ##
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Sun May 02, 2010 12:25 pm

HENNING JOHAN wrote:
African Grey wrote:Shocking WX this morning....Jose sms'd me at 5:30. Only saw it at 8:00am. maybe later then.

Russ
Shocking Wx no try lightning wx!Porra made the right call to canselled the training thanks Porra!It was raining from the Circus till Heidelberg!It only cleared at two!Hope tomorrow is better but only after lunch for some thermal training(Rock & Roll) :lol: ##
I just come back from my x country! (^^) It was a lekker exerice!The flight got bad at the silos when the rock and roll started!From the silos till Circus it was klapping me!Thanks Porra for the Joy ride!! ** Now my second x country is finished!The next one is the solo x country,bring it on!! ## Nice to meet you Madman!Don't worry the stalls help you,you will see the Light!! ## (!!)
Lesser_spotted_owl
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Lesser_spotted_owl » Mon May 03, 2010 11:03 am

Was trying to decide at 05:30 on saturday morning whether to get out of bed. Then i heard the rain start and my mind was made up for me.

Sunday morning however, was great!!

Good to see you lads out there at the Circus
(^^)
"wrong" is one of those concepts that depends on witnesses
ZU-CRC Cobra
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Alkemac » Mon May 03, 2010 11:49 am

I did a x country yesterday am - left Panorama, headed for Klipriver, touch and go, and then routed for Tedderfield. Joined overhead, and then departed back east to Panorama..

Weather was wonderful, but then I had to come back in the afternoon for some rock and roll, approx 5.00pm... it were not very pretty - did two circuits and came back down :shock:
ZU-DODO
Lesser_spotted_owl
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Lesser_spotted_owl » Wed May 05, 2010 11:25 am

Oh and by the way,

How was the flip in the Jab Madman?
(^^)
ZU-CRC Cobra
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Wed May 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Howdy howdy :mrgreen:

Just got back to work today..what a beautiful day...

I must admit the stalls were scary, shook me up a bit.Later that night when I had time to review what had happened,I realised the mistakes I made..so I am looking forward to our next lesson, conquer the fear..lol ##

It was nice meeting you guys..lol..spotted the owl at 6500amsl,that was awesome vhpy

The flip in the Jab was awesome, really enjoyed it..I am impressed :wink:

Hope you all have a beautiful day...

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Sat May 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Heya,

Today was an awesome day...not only did I freeze my nuts off going to the aifield coz I went with my bike this morning..but found out how cold it is at Klipriver..like someone turned off the heater when you come in for landing :mrgreen:

It was a beautiful morning for flying,I feel a bit better with the stalls,still scary though,touch and go landings at Klip is cold..really cold,flew formation with Dewalt..shweet..lol..was fun,enjoyed the radio chatter,got confused at times..but I guess with time it will get better vhpy ..

I think the moment for me was landing at Henley and running out of runway..lol..Porra screams break and I scream I am breaking..lokl..then I thought I heard Porra scream "full throttle" and for a second thought WHAT but nevertheless still klapped the juice and then I heard a scream "foot off the throttle"...Like the piece in the Leon Schuster movie..."wo,ekse wo...ek het gese f*kken wo".. ## We ended up making a U-turn in the bush.. :lol:

Thank you Porra for an awesome lesson and thanx for an awesome day guys,it was my first time at an RC Airshow and I really enjoyed it.

Blue Skies to the skydivers..beautiful landings...

(^^)
:x man
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Sun May 09, 2010 7:55 am

Madman wrote:Heya,

Today was an awesome day...not only did I freeze my nuts off going to the aifield coz I went with my bike this morning..but found out how cold it is at Klipriver..like someone turned off the heater when you come in for landing :mrgreen:

It was a beautiful morning for flying,I feel a bit better with the stalls,still scary though,touch and go landings at Klip is cold..really cold,flew formation with Dewalt..shweet..lol..was fun,enjoyed the radio chatter,got confused at times..but I guess with time it will get better vhpy ..

I think the moment for me was landing at Henley and running out of runway..lol..Porra screams break and I scream I am breaking..lokl..then I thought I heard Porra scream "full throttle" and for a second thought WHAT but nevertheless still klapped the juice and then I heard a scream "foot off the throttle"...Like the piece in the Leon Schuster movie..."wo,ekse wo...ek het gese f*kken wo".. ## We ended up making a U-turn in the bush.. :lol:

Thank you Porra for an awesome lesson and thanx for an awesome day guys,it was my first time at an RC Airshow and I really enjoyed it.

Blue Skies to the skydivers..beautiful landings...

(^^)
:x man
What bushes,Madman? :oops: It is a perfect runway! :lol: You will learn to take your foot off the throttel when you land and use the brake!! ## :wink: Get a flightsuit for the winter because it is only the begining of winter now! ** Graham thanks the boys of Circuis for the ride!!I only left at 17h15!What a great day! (^^) We must get CAI into the air and fly some formation! (^^) (!!)
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Sun May 09, 2010 5:12 pm

The bush when the runway is finished and you still going ## :lol:
Grumpy
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Grumpy » Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 am

Madman wrote:The bush when the runway is finished and you still going ## :lol:
Hhmmmm Bushwacking????
"Hope the weather is calm tomorrow !!"
Lesser_spotted_owl
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby Lesser_spotted_owl » Mon May 10, 2010 10:09 am

First time i have landed on a tar runway in 2 years, forgot the old duckwalking effect,

It still sucks

Whats up Grumpy? getting some airtime in?
ZU-CRC Cobra
Grumpy
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Grumpy » Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 am

Lesser_spotted_owl wrote:First time i have landed on a tar runway in 2 years, forgot the old duckwalking effect,

It still sucks

Whats up Grumpy? getting some airtime in?
Hey LSO, Yip, been flying quite a lot, done about 100 hours in the last year or so, since getting my license. Just a bit slow at the moment with weather and knee op. Should be in the air this weekend, wx depending.
"Hope the weather is calm tomorrow !!"
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Mon May 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Lol..

Bushwacking indeed..

I can imagine landing and slipping around on the runway..LSO,that must have given you a rush ##

(^^)
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Mon May 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Madman wrote:Lol..

Bushwacking indeed..

I can imagine landing and slipping around on the runway..LSO,that must have given you a rush ##

(^^)
When landing it always give me a aderlien rush! (^^) Madman I will give you a cd of 530 photos that my brother took!I will be at the field over the weekend!See tomorrow doctor feel a little sick (**) If he book me off then I can study for my exams!! (^^) :wink: