New and improved Optifuel Flow Sensor

Suppliers of aircraft, accessories or services
OptiFuel
Pre flight checks done

New and improved Optifuel Flow Sensor

Postby OptiFuel » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Take a look at our new all aluminium body flow sensor design.
flow sensor.jpg
The harness and flow sensor can also be separated via the removable clip on the sensor body.
connector.jpg
Please visit http://www.optifuel.co.za for more information
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martinvt
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Re: New and improved Optifuel Flow Sensor

Postby Martinvt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi There,

It works great.

I have the flow sensor on my 503 Safari. and it works great. It is very accurate.

Thanks for the great Tech. (^^) (^^) (^^)
Martin van Tonder
Limpopo Flight School

Aerotrike Safari
ZU-CIE
Vertical Tango
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Re: New and improved Optifuel Flow Sensor

Postby Vertical Tango » Wed May 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Please allow me to brag about the instrument. (!!)
I did the test of the tests last week-end. Flew from Krugersdorp to Battlefields Lodge in my Xenon. The logistics involved required fine calcs of fuel requirements, and I knew that I would cut it fine to reach destination one shot. The gyro is a thursty machine at 22l/hr average. As I took off, within minutes, the instrument told me that I would have 35 minutes reserve on landing. I got on few occasions serious headwinds that dropped the reserve to 20 minutes at times. The peace of mind comes when calcs are done every second ! That allowed me very early to keep Newcastle as an alternate. However, passing the escarpment at Volkskrust changed wind conditions and reserve went to 28 minutes which it stayed to landing. 10 litres was left in the tank as expected.
The return flight was very similar, with a strange thunderstorm in JHB at 14:00 to add to the stress. Landed with 9.5 litres.
I did the test to show that you can trust the instrument once it has been calibrated to your aircraft, but would never advocate to cut it that thin ! :oops:
Flying is like dancing, it is a love affair between the pilot and his aircraft