Ready to fly??!! It's a lie!!

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
Chaz
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

My 2 cents worth !!

Postby Chaz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:20 pm

Ive taught myself to buy something because i want it and need it, not because its a good price. How many of us have not heard of so called bargains out there only to find the same product around the corner a couple of cents, hundreds and thousands cheaper :shock:

Ive seen bargains out there after ive bought but hey its what i wanted at that point and time. I never feel ripped :shock: off because of a good salesman. BWAHAHAHAHAHA love Wart's response :D :D :D

Your's in Flying
Chaz
On a "WING" and a "PRAYER" (C.W.A)
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:28 pm

Chaz,

you're right, I shop around as much as possible before hand but once the mind is made up I go for it. It never depresses me if something is suddenly cheaper around the corner. I just write it off to another lesson learned. I'd rather pay a premium and get something now than wait days, weeks or even months.

If I start talking how nice it would be to have a new guitar, or bike, or plane or.... the wife knows it's already been bought :)
Greg Perkins
Fairy Flycatcher
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Fairy Flycatcher » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:08 pm

Read on a restaurant menu
There is nothing which a man can not make a little bit cheaper, a little bit worse, and the customer who looks at price alone is that man's lawfull prey
Annie
www.comefly.co.za
Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living
arthurl
Looking at the sky

let the buyer beware

Postby arthurl » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:52 pm

:idea: The crux of the matter seems to boil down to asking the right questions.
Vendors seldom lie on purpose, they do however have a knack of not divulging all the information. :evil:
A newby to the flying fraternity is decidedly at risk in not knowing the right questions to ask.
I had the pleasure of test flying (accompanied by a competent pilot) a number of aircraft (pushers, pullers, tail draggers, trikes) before making a decision on what fitted my requirements and depth of pocket, and using the help of "experts" I still got caught by lack of info. :oops:
In future I will solicit the assistance of
an "AP" to check the aircraft
an instrument technician to see that all instruments actually work
a "CAA" official to check requirements are met
a "TEST" pilot to see that she flies
and a lawyer just to bamboozle us all. :lol:
I'd rather be flying