AP rating exam

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

AP rating exam

Postby greg vos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:16 pm

I was wondering if anyone could assist me with the requirements for becoming an AP (I have aspirations of attaining a AP status for Gyro)
I have been reading Part 66 and have looked at what is required under the listed requirements.
I have also gone onto the RAASA web site and I was unable to link to any info or tangible requirements, only finding what I consider broad strokes.

Part 66 refers to "requirements for approval and rating" 66.04.8 and refers to experience in 66.04.10

Then it goes onto 66.04.9 'Theoretical knowledge examination" and this is what I cannot find? because if I refer to SA CATS 66 it simply says one needs to pass the exam referred to in that reg? but once I look at the part 66 it makes mention of it, but no link to it or how one goes about applying to write the exam.

To quote the reg it says "An applicant for the issuing of an approved person certificate shall have successfully passed the written examination prescribed in Document SA - CATS 66 :?

Please could I ask that some forum members guide me on this one? If I have missed something and being just doff please do not hold back
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
Louis Geldenhuys
Pre flight checks done

Re: AP rating exam

Postby Louis Geldenhuys » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Thanks for this post Greg.
I applied about a year ago for a AP rating.I was told by Raasa that I need to make a summary of all my technical experiences and a letter from a AP to confirm. and I did and sent it to Raasa.I asked if they have all my required documents and they said yes and will discus the rating at the siminar.I have waited three months for the siminar . The week after the seminar they told me to email them again the documentation cause it seems like it dissappear .so I do. So I wait again for the next seminar.After the seminar they told me I need to make a summary of the past two years expierence.
Can someone please assist and what to do regarding the Exam...

Regards
Cape Sky Adventures (SACAA DTO 0029)
Wintervogel Airfield
Microlight, Gyrocopter & Light sport training
071 889 1597
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby greg vos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Louis Geldenhuys wrote:Thanks for this post Greg.
I applied about a year ago for a AP rating.I was told by Raasa that I need to make a summary of all my technical experiences and a letter from a AP to confirm. and I did and sent it to Raasa.I asked if they have all my required documents and they said yes and will discus the rating at the siminar.I have waited three months for the siminar . The week after the seminar they told me to email them again the documentation cause it seems like it dissappear .so I do. So I wait again for the next seminar.After the seminar they told me I need to make a summary of the past two years expierence.
Can someone please assist and what to do regarding the Exam...

Regards
Seems that RAASA are frustrating certain sectors? I can only feel for you on this one bud.

So what about this exam they refer to?
I have a number of lets say small qualifications (Trade Tested Electrician, NDip Cape Tech (T6) and hold a wiremans Licence current) to mention a few but non of them are relevant to Gyro? and the dynamics associated with Gyro copter? so how would RAASA evaluate the candidate :?:

I also have three different sise Torque wrenches all calibrated every 6 months vhpy
So what does a man do to become an AP? I mean with respect if certain AP's have to evaluate my technical ability I will embarrass them :twisted:

If I was not such a polite person I would publish their names :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks for the reply
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
Induna
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Induna » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Greg,

Give me your email address and I will forward the information to you that I received from RAASA.

Jacques
ZU-IIJ | Zenith CH650B Taildragger
ZU-RHT | Magni M18 Spartan