Filser ATR500 issues

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
crazydoc
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Filser ATR500 issues

Postby crazydoc » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm

When i press PTT , i get loud noise and if i release and press again then all normal and i can continue with Tr. Sounds like the initial modulation or premodulation problem. How do i fix? Or who can help?
thys bas
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Re: Filser ATR500 issues

Postby thys bas » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:05 pm

crazydoc wrote:When i press PTT , i get loud noise
Hi Crazydoc,

I am no expert nor have I had such a problem, but if your PTT is a remote button mounted away from the radio, make sure it is working correctly. If mounted on the stick, replace it with a micro switch type, the one that "clicks" when you press the button. Not the "push button" type which softly pushes two contacts together. Also use one where the wires are soldered on, not the type with the small screws. Then support the cable and switch to prevent all movement of the cable or switch-body.

If however you have this problem when using the PTT button on the radio, you might have to take it to a radio repair facility.

It may even be an electronic problem as you suspect.

Please post the result.

Good luck

Thys
crazydoc
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Re: Filser ATR500 issues

Postby crazydoc » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Thanks Thys
Very good advice and not something i was thinking of. Will investigate and let you know.