microlight cropspraying

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
cya
Slow starter

microlight cropspraying

Postby cya » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Can any one give me advise and information on cropspraying with a aquilla. Many thanx
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Re: microlight cropspraying

Postby Robbie Shaw » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:25 pm

cya wrote:Can any one give me advise and information on cropspraying with a aquilla. Many thanx
Speak to Larry at Bapsfontein
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 pm

The short and long is that you have to have an Ag rating and pesticide license to apply anything from anything with wings. I submitted the new NPL ag rating draft CARS and CATS to RAASA about 2 years ago and nothing has been done so far. I was told by Willem and Pierre that it was not a priority, they need more people that want this to get a move on. At the moment the Part 62 allows for an ag rating but it refers to part 61. That means that without at least a PPL you will not be able to get a legal ag rating. This will cost you anything from R100 000 - R140 000. You will also have to work under supervision of somebody with a P license in order to eventually get your P license and spray on your own. I do not know how the other guys get away with it. Maybe they can enlighten us. So apply to RAASA. The more people inquire about the rating the quicker something will be done.
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Dobbs
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Dobbs » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 am

Unless the regs have changed in the past two years - you have to have a comm rating to get paid for spraying.

There are two guys doing this on the Kwa Zulu Natal North Coast, and speaking to them, the only way they could achieve this was by doing a comm rating.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 pm

You can also speak to Fred Blockland at Brakpan. He has many very intersting stories to tell on this subject.

The crop spraying aviation industry, like any profit making industry, tries to protect itself. If cheaper aircraft and lower rated pilots are allowed to compete in this space the traditional crop sprayers will no longer be able to compete and thus loose their livelyhood. The safety of the industry may also be jeopardised. Commercial aviation is a difficult and expensive bussiness to get into.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:24 pm

:(
mulderpm wrote:You can also speak to Fred Blockland at Brakpan. He has many very intersting stories to tell on this subject.

The crop spraying aviation industry, like any profit making industry, tries to protect itself. If cheaper aircraft and lower rated pilots are allowed to compete in this space the traditional crop sprayers will no longer be able to compete and thus loose their livelyhood. The safety of the industry may also be jeopardised. Commercial aviation is a difficult and expensive bussiness to get into.
Baie waar.. ($$) ($$) ($$) ($$) ($$) ($$) ($$)
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:29 am

Speak to Fanie Keyser at Fantini Air in Welkom about AG ratings.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Agair
Thinking of flying

Postby Agair » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm

Do you want to spray commercially?
I want to suggest that you contact me via pm.
I've been involved with microlight crop spraying since the early 1990's and actually present the chemical course required for Ag-rating.
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Agair wrote:Do you want to spray commercially?
I want to suggest that you contact me via pm.
I've been involved with microlight crop spraying since the early 1990's and actually present the chemical course required for Ag-rating.
(^^) (^^)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Suesing
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Suesing » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:28 am

[/attachment]
Crop spraying RESIZE.jpg
Crop spraying RESIZE.jpg (24.37 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (69.09 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
I did cropspraying of roses for a couple of years many years ago, with my Aquilla trike. It was extremely successful, the farmer who owned the crops very happy. BUT....you need to know your stuff , in all aspects:the trike is affected negatively with the long booms hanging out the sides.The pumps and microsprayers need a lot of maintenance. And believe me constant concentration ,as the flying must be just above the crop for the micromist to penetrate. I loved doing it,really on the edge stuff.
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (49.81 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
12a_opt.jpg
12a_opt.jpg (21.39 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
http://www.valleyflightsmicrolighting.com
Jabiru Instructor ( Grade B)