Cubby Owners

Technical questions, advice, sharing information etc (aircraft, engines, instruments, weather and such)
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Cubby Owners

Postby Rudix » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:49 am

RV4ker wrote:Rudi
If you looking for a Cubby give me a shout. Fun FUN FUN...

PS
ZS-PEP (Scully's) is a genuine J3......
Yes, I think we must talk, had a good look at one at the local field the other day and I was really impressed with the build quality. Is yours a tail dragger ? If not how easy is it to convert ?

Fly safe,
Rudi
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:23 am

Cool.

Why convert the tailie? It awesome fun and Petit is nice wide ground strip.

PS
Am told it can be converted quiet eaily. Maybe chat to the guys in Potch.
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:02 am

I know that Trevor's cubby has got the brackets on so that he can change from tail dragger to nose wheel very quickly

The plane is one of the most "fun to fly" there is
Mike Cooper
Flying is not a hobby it is an addiction
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:07 am

RV4ker wrote:Cool.

Why convert the tailie? It awesome fun and Petit is nice wide ground strip.

PS
Am told it can be converted quiet eaily. Maybe chat to the guys in Potch.
I want it to be a tailie !

So it is at Petit ? Must go and visit.......
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Negative. Thought you were at Petit :oops: :oops: :oops: . It at Rand till I decide what to do with it. If hangar was done at Coves I doubt I sell it, but at moment I just dont get time to fly it,,,,, :oops: :oops:
4 Sale (will trade)
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:31 am

The cubby is flying absolutely beautifully since the re-mapping - thanks again Trevor - have done 2 hrs now since the mapping and am sooooooooooooo enjoying the plane
Mike Cooper
atom
First solo

Postby atom » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Good Day CUBBY owners, great to hear there are some boys out there that fly this great looking local airy.
I came across the forum recently as i have purchased a tri cubby a month ago. As yet i do not have a licence on it (i am a trike pilot) so no cross countries with the boys any time soon. Will start with instruction in few weeks time as the instructor that will be assigned is still quite busy.
Will keep you updated on my progress.

Regards
Atom
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:58 pm

atom wrote:Good Day CUBBY owners, great to hear there are some boys out there that fly this great looking local airy.
I came across the forum recently as i have purchased a tri cubby a month ago. As yet i do not have a licence on it (i am a trike pilot) so no cross countries with the boys any time soon. Will start with instruction in few weeks time as the instructor that will be assigned is still quite busy.
Will keep you updated on my progress.

Regards
Atom

Welcome Atom - look forward to hearing about your progress
Mike Cooper
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Mooi MAN...

Atom you will get plenty K@K from "real" pilots with "real" planes. Just ignore them and enjoy it. You will do plenty more hrs than those "real" pilots and I dare say have penty more fun. It best bang for the buck I have flown..... (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) Just Zero'd the engine , new prop, new belts, tyres, linkages, hoses, filters, SB's,AD's etc. and usual odds and sods for less than price of a new prop on the RV... Runs on smell of oil rag and dead simple.Wonderful.....

PS
What engine? VW, Rattex or Jabi?
4 Sale (will trade)
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:54 pm

RV4ker wrote:Negative. Thought you were at Petit :oops: :oops: :oops: . It at Rand till I decide what to do with it. If hangar was done at Coves I doubt I sell it, but at moment I just dont get time to fly it,,,,, :oops: :oops:
I used to be at Petit, still have one plane there but the main base is now Rhino Park, closer to home and more hangar space (and a very nice "vibe").

It would be a shame to leave it all alone at Rand, I think I saw it once at Brakpan, picked up some wings (VP2) in the same hangar. If you ever consider selling it we must talk.....

Regards,
Rudi
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Rudix wrote:It would be a shame to leave it all alone at Rand, I think I saw it once at Brakpan, picked up some wings (VP2) in the same hangar. If you ever consider selling it we must talk.....

Regards,
Rudi

Yip that the 1. Make me an offer. It "sort of" reluctantly in the market.... Too many toys, not enough time to play :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :(

New hangar will be too small for 5 aeries so some will have to go... KR already gone :x :x and now dayglo ORANGE I am told :shock: :shock: :shock: . Looks like share in the Rotec powered Animal (as boet calls it) also on way... :( :( :( :(
4 Sale (will trade)
Low Level
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Low Level » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:42 pm

clive layland wrote:
Flycamone2 has SD card slot. Storage capacity of maximum 2gb which is good for about 45 minutes of video at 640x480res at 25fps or you can set for photo's which are continuously taken every 4 seconds at 1280X1024res.
Dowload to PC is via USB connection and chrging is done through USB as well.

Got mine online from http://www.benchmarkmodels.co.za for R750.00 minus SD card.
Hi Clive

I followed up on this link cause I'm interested in affordable video for my gyro and bike. John at Benchmarkmodels is out of stock and won't be supplying any more. He gave me the new supplier's name:

Arnaud and sons - spoke to Eric - very friendly and helpful. They now stock the version 3 - little more res on the pics for R 850.

Arnaud and Sons ( Pty ) Ltd
PO Box 448, Gillitts 3603
KwaZulu Natal
South Africa
' Int :00 27 83 463-8472
' Local : 083 463-8472
' office :00 27 31 767-1610
' Local : 031 767-1610
Happiness is: Wanting what you have.
ZU-CFW
My soul called, and it wants it's life back. Only one thing to do. Let's fly.
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:05 pm

where can one see footage to see the quality of the video?
Mike Cooper
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:14 pm

RV4ker wrote:
Rudix wrote:It would be a shame to leave it all alone at Rand, I think I saw it once at Brakpan, picked up some wings (VP2) in the same hangar. If you ever consider selling it we must talk.....

Regards,
Rudi

Yip that the 1. Make me an offer. It "sort of" reluctantly in the market.... Too many toys, not enough time to play :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :(

New hangar will be too small for 5 aeries so some will have to go... KR already gone :x :x and now dayglo ORANGE I am told :shock: :shock: :shock: . Looks like share in the Rotec powered Animal (as boet calls it) also on way... :( :( :( :(
Now there is a temptation ! We must talk..... I might consider putting it in a school (I think you had it in a school at some point but things did not work out?) I will be the only/prime user on it in the school so I can keep an eye on it. There is a great demand for a plane to do tail wheel conversions on, I would use it for that and not primary instruction.

Yes, saw the KR as well, had a good look at it as I am also a proud KR owner, soon to be flying with a new engine vhpy

Will contact you for a look/chat !

It takes time to play with all the toys, but my time is slowly increasing :lol:

Regards,
Rudi
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:30 pm

HUGE demand for tail wheel aerie and that was a problem. I could not get to fly my own aerie and they would not give me a key :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: . Only reason I stopped the flying school was politics, lack of access and thus I feel the guys did not treat me fairly, but I not want to start any K@K. I have made peace with it, but have resisted the temptation to put back in school. There are always 3 side, but mine is they did not treat me fairly... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Moving on, if I could find someone who would be willing to hold my hand through the 3 axis instructors course I would gladly let them use the cubby for instruction. It cheap simple to fly and easy to maintain. It will bite if you slapgat, but won't break easily. It was groundlooped twice on my intro flight by instructor trying to show me how to recover from K@K approach.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Was a bit :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . Something like, ok if you don't keep it straight on touchdown and loose concentra... F%$^&$, F*&(&^, followed by loud noise and grass flying everywhere, then deathly silence.... We got out kicked tyres, removed the "grass polle" and lined he up for the next abusive circuit... Almost exact "kyk weer" after which I took a 3 week break and when I came back both instructor and I were far happier.... I flew he in June after 2 year and 3 month layoff while we tried to resolve our differences and I must admit I was kaking myself, but fly the numbers and she stall so slow that even if you get it wrong she hardly does 1 full revolution.... Landed at rand in front of packed Harvard without even a bounce... (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) But it a huge waste at Rand - sundowners with the door open are hard to beat... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: If it not sold or synidcated by Dec I take it to Harties (maybe Basie has some space).....
4 Sale (will trade)