List your FBO for free in an online airfields directory.

Training schools, clubs, flight operators etc

Moderators: fredblokland, Brian Young

tthierry
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

List your FBO for free in an online airfields directory.

Postby tthierry » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:38 am

Hi

It's completely free.
I can't guarantee that it'll bring you hundreds of customers, but all it'll cost you is a few minutes of your time.

http://www.euroVFR.com is basically an airfield directory, (although many other features have been added along the way). In each airfield card pilots find useful information, provided by other visitors. Among them, a list of flying school or FBO or workshops, restaurant, etc...
(Try LFMD as an exemple.)

This sharing of data is quite efficient in France. More than 800 SA airifields are included in the database.

You can add your club or school to your airfield's card for free, following these steps:

1) Find the card for your airfield, using the "Airfields" item in the left frame menu. If the card does not exist, send me a mail giving me the name of the airfield, the geographical coordinates (including altitude) and the ICAO code. I'll create it.
2) At this time, the card is likely to be void, apart from basic information. At the bottom of the card, you'll find a "update" buton. Click it.
3) You get a first form, where you can enter any information you have about your airport or airfield. Make sure to select the "add a flying club" button. Submit the form.
4) You get a second form where you can enter data about your school. (Name, website, phone numbers...)
5) Submit the form.

That's all. You school is listed. You can amend or add new information starting again the process, choosing the "change info for flying club XX" where XX is the name or your society instead of "add a new club" at step 3.

Feel free to visit the site and to use it.

I'll be monitoring any comment you might mail me about the site, its usefulness, or any improvement you might suggest, especially for south african pilots.

Regards.
johnsa
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: List your FBO for free in an online airfields directory.

Postby johnsa » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:58 pm

when I click the site I only come to a website with only sponser links not something with airfields.... ##
tthierry wrote:Hi

It's completely free.
I can't guarantee that it'll bring you hundreds of customers, but all it'll cost you is a few minutes of your time.

http://www.euroVFR.com is basically an airfield directory, (although many other features have been added along the way). In each airfield card pilots find useful information, provided by other visitors. Among them, a list of flying school or FBO or workshops, restaurant, etc...
(Try LFMD as an exemple.)

This sharing of data is quite efficient in France. More than 800 SA airifields are included in the database.

You can add your club or school to your airfield's card for free, following these steps:

1) Find the card for your airfield, using the "Airfields" item in the left frame menu. If the card does not exist, send me a mail giving me the name of the airfield, the geographical coordinates (including altitude) and the ICAO code. I'll create it.
2) At this time, the card is likely to be void, apart from basic information. At the bottom of the card, you'll find a "update" buton. Click it.
3) You get a first form, where you can enter any information you have about your airport or airfield. Make sure to select the "add a flying club" button. Submit the form.
4) You get a second form where you can enter data about your school. (Name, website, phone numbers...)
5) Submit the form.

That's all. You school is listed. You can amend or add new information starting again the process, choosing the "change info for flying club XX" where XX is the name or your society instead of "add a new club" at step 3.

Feel free to visit the site and to use it.

I'll be monitoring any comment you might mail me about the site, its usefulness, or any improvement you might suggest, especially for south african pilots.

Regards.