Greatest Aviation Event for 2009

Matters of general interest
wildthing
First solo

Greatest Aviation Event for 2009

Postby wildthing » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:51 pm

Bethlehem Air show & EAA Convention 2009

Hi to all Aviation Enthusiasts

As the appointed convener for EAA Convention 2009, I am very pleased to announce that EAA and Bethlehem Flying club have joined forces, and will combine the EAA Convention 2009 with the Bethlehem Air Show 2009.

The Convention will take place from the 27th till the 30th of August 2009 at the Bethlehem Airfield.
The Air show will take place on Saturday the 29th, and will be one of if not best Air show on the 2009 calendar.
Bethlehem has over the last nine or so years become a must attend event due to the great hospitality and professionalism of the Bethlehem Flying Club.

EAA, s aim is attract a record number of aircraft flying into this year’s event from all disciplines of Aviation and start building bridges between different disciplines in Aviation as we all share the same passion. EAA will host a number of Forums during the duration of the event, ranging from Safety issues, to Navigation, to Building your own aircraft, Single Crew resource management and many others.

One of the highlights this year will be an AVIATION CAREERS EXPO which will be the theme of our Convention.
This will be carried out in conjunction with the EAA, s Young Eagles program where aspiring young Pilots are given their first introduction and experience to flight.
However the Expo will display all aspects of Aviation careers to these youngsters, ranging from Ground crew, Maintenance, Hostesses, Support staff, Metrology, ATC,s
Administration, Sales, Training, Pilots and many more.
We hope to attract major role player within the entire industry from the Military and Police, through to ATNS, SAA, SACAA, Aero club, RAASA, Weather Services, Aviation medical institute, and many of the private aviation companies to come and exhibit their organization and what careers are available to youngsters who are about to leave school.
Pupils from standard 8, 9 and 10 will be invited from Schools all around Gauteng, Free State, Mpumalanga, KZN and surrounds to attend the Expo and get an insight into aviation career opportunities
EAA would rely on funding and sponsors within the Aviation sectors to assist with the cost and logistics for this event.

The Young Eagles project will carry out flights for the Young Eagle candidates who have shown an Interest and potential commitment to aviation

After the Air show Saturday there will be a Dinner Dance function that will include the prize giving ceremony. This will be held at either the Town Hall or the Bethlehem Hotel School.

Please start planning to attend and spread the word.

Regards.
Pierre Laubscher.
Vice President EAA South Africa.
076 8754722
Last edited by wildthing on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephan van Tonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Greatest Aviation Event for 2009

Postby Stephan van Tonder » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Exact clash of dates with the barberton bush pilot's fly in :(
Nuts about Cheetahs. Petit is the place.
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Stephan van Tonder wrote:Exact clash of dates with the barberton bush pilot's fly in :(

Yes, sad, and frankly not well planned if that is the case :shock:

Maybe Bush Pilot's will be moved, I don't think there is an official date yet (Check CC's web page), I seem to remember a possibility that it would be moved due to the windy conditions in 2008.

I would love to attend both.....
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
Stephan van Tonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Stephan van Tonder » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:20 pm

That is the date showed on the african pilot calendar. I really hope it doesn't clash.
Nuts about Cheetahs. Petit is the place.
old no 7
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby old no 7 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Rudix wrote:
Stephan van Tonder wrote:Exact clash of dates with the barberton bush pilot's fly in :(

Yes, sad, and frankly not well planned if that is the case :shock:

Maybe Bush Pilot's will be moved, I don't think there is an official date yet (Check CC's web page), I seem to remember a possibility that it would be moved due to the windy conditions in 2008.

I would love to attend both.....

So would I. All I need is a plane. :(
ZU-f-ALL