Stellenbosch FASH Breakfast fly-in 15 Nov 2008

Matters of general interest
Snoopy7
Found a flight school

Stellenbosch FASH Breakfast fly-in 15 Nov 2008

Postby Snoopy7 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Great having you here today...enjoy the pics. (^^)

Trikenut
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Stellenbosch FASH Breakfast fly-in 15 Nov 2008

Postby Trikenut » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:55 pm

Great!! I'm sorry I missed it! :(
On the other hand, I got a lot of fotos of Karl in CAK!! vhpy
Trikenut - Pilot in Training!!!
I love the smell of Avgas in the Morning!
"Beware 16 year old here"
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:06 am

Same every year, a severe case of Bug infestation in late Spring early Summer. #-o #-o =D> Bug traps on the Field should be checked. 8-[ 8-[
From Die Burger, 28 September 1988 "``Volgens die Kerkwet is die Hervormde Kerk 'n kerk net vir blankes. Daar word egter daarvoor voorsiening gemaak dat gekleurdes in spesiale gevalle in die kerk toegelaat kan word. Dit is egter 'n baie sensitiewe saak. As 'n mense dinge toelaat, kan dit skeuring veroorsaak,'' het mnr. Snyman gesê. "

From Die Burger, 17 November 2008 "Stellenbosch Vliegveld maak daarvoor voorsiening dat Microlights in spesiale gevalle op die veld toegelaat kan word. Dit is egter 'n baie sensitiewe saak. As 'n mens die goed toelaat, mag dit dalk geniet word" het mnr Skoorsoek gesê"

:D
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Na aanleiding van kommentaar aangaande Saterdag wil ek graag die volgende se .

Eerstens dankie aan die wat gehelp het en wat "openminded" genoeg is om te besef dat ons almal aviators is .

Snoopy dankie vir die foto's .

Al die Manne en vroue wat saterdag ingevlieg het , was vooraf ordentlik gebrief oor die prosedures by FASH , en ons het GEEN insidente gehad nie , Die FSO het ook hulle almal toegespreek in die klubhuis en het aan hulle meegedeel hoe gelukkig hy was met die dag se vlieg aktiwiteite .

Ons moet onthou dat hierdie "pilots " gebonde is aan dieselfde reels soos alle ander wat vanaf FASH of enige vliegveld vlieg , en om eerlik te wees het ek beter "Airmanship " gesien onder hierdie hegte groep , as wat ek al by FASH geseien het . Radio prosedures was puik en hulle posissie raportering uitstekend .

Aan al die "pilots " wat ingevlieg het , I SALUTE U GUYS .

THanks again for making the day very special , I think it was a huge effort that came of very well .

IN total after the final count including the guys that arrived a bit late we had 44 aircraft flying in from our nabouring airfields .

I will keep you guys up to date on further developments .

Ronnie(midlife Crisis ) a very big thank you to you , and to our CHEF .

I am glad to say that our chairman was very impressed and i have received numerous compliments from Stellenbosch faithfull pilots .

Like in any sport you will always get guys that think they are or think they know better .

U GUYS ROCK
Autogyro - Calidus ZU- ???
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:07 pm

At the meeting end of October at morningstar, I understood that this flyin will happen every 2 saturday of the month. Is that correct??

Had to miss this one, as my wing is in durban, and I have registration issues to get my undercarriage road worthy. The speedcop say that I need reflective tape on my prop, as well as brake lights, and oh yes, a handbrake. :lol: :lol:
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 am

took off from M'star at 7am saw load cloud cover through to bottlerey hills - as have never flown to FASH before was not sure where 1 Stop etc was to call when overhead so flew the Patch for an hr. Pics look awesome will def join you guys next time
Mike Cooper
Flying is not a hobby it is an addiction
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 am

Wargames wrote:At the meeting end of October at morningstar, I understood that this flyin will happen every 2 saturday of the month. Is that correct??

Had to miss this one, as my wing is in durban, and I have registration issues to get my undercarriage road worthy. The speedcop say that I need reflective tape on my prop, as well as brake lights, and oh yes, a handbrake. :lol: :lol:
This Saturday was the test phase to see if firstly a demand for something like this exist .

We will debrief and then i will come back to you guys .

Do you think every month or every second month would be better ?
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi Jabi430,

The response back I received was very favourable, thanks for the arrangements. I myself ended up with a severe bout of flu and larangitus and thus was unable to make it. But next time......
Greg Perkins
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Wargames » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Morph wrote:Hi Jabi430,

The response back I received was very favourable, thanks for the arrangements. I myself ended up with a severe bout of flu and larangitus and thus was unable to make it. But next time......
':- ':-

You really enjoy the microlighters ball, hey morph!!

In the western cape there is not much we can do with regards to flying events etc for microlights, and thus would like this every month, but every second month at least.

Regards,
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
bluesmancoops
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby bluesmancoops » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:40 pm

Jabi430 wrote:
Wargames wrote:At the meeting end of October at morningstar, I understood that this flyin will happen every 2 saturday of the month. Is that correct??

This Saturday was the test phase to see if firstly a demand for something like this exist .

We will debrief and then i will come back to you guys .

Do you think every month or every second month would be better ?

The feedback I got was VERY positive. Well done FASH
Mike Cooper
Flying is not a hobby it is an addiction
Bacchus
Flying low - mind the power lines
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby Bacchus » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 pm

I dont care who says what regarding stellenbosch. Point is this is a great start to welcome us guys and thanks for the guys at stellenbosch who went through all the trouble to make it a very special day. Paul, Ronnie, safety officer, chairman , the works. Once again i felt very welcome and if we can fly there only sometimes, it will be great as well. I enjoy the flight there , the surroundings, the new friends i have already made there etc.

Just the number of people who showed up tells you what the interest was.

And we are not "pilots".....we are PILOTS. :lol:
ZU-GFC COBRA
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:10 am

Bacchus wrote:I dont care who says what regarding stellenbosch. Point is this is a great start to welcome us guys and thanks for the guys at stellenbosch who went through all the trouble to make it a very special day. Paul, Ronnie, safety officer, chairman , the works. Once again i felt very welcome and if we can fly there only sometimes, it will be great as well. I enjoy the flight there , the surroundings, the new friends i have already made there etc.

Just the number of people who showed up tells you what the interest was.

And we are not "pilots".....we are PILOTS. :lol:
:lol: (^^) I agree , And like the Safety officer said YOU GUYS MADE IT POSSIBLE .

And thanks for the smile you get from all the guys vhpy
Magni M22 - ZU EGA