Buzzcom Systems

Matters of general interest
ZU BBV
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Buzzcom Systems

Postby ZU BBV » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Can anybody tell me if there is still somebody "living"at buzzcom systems. I have tried to buy a helmet from them earlier this year and have recently tried to order the buzcom system via internet. There are no reply. Is this buzcom system the only one to use or are there any others that are also good. Any second hand ones available?

Thanks
Peter
Wargames
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Buzzcom Systems

Postby Wargames » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:41 pm

try zulu1.

He can help with helmets and visors.
The Naked Trike
ZU-AVL
"I hate CIRCLIPS!!"
Jetman
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Jetman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:39 pm

Here is Larry Eschner from Buzzcom's cell nr: 0824101532. Please call him an advise him of your problem. He will appreciate it. Cheers skin
ZU-FDE Apollo Delta Jet
ZU-IHK Sling
ONE LIFE....LIVE IT
ZU BBV
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby ZU BBV » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:14 am

Thanks, I have up to now spoken to a very friendly guy called Kenneth, but with no progress. No reply on e-mails.
Arnulf
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Arnulf » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:13 am

ZU BBV wrote:Thanks, I have up to now spoken to a very friendly guy called Kenneth, but with no progress. No reply on e-mails.
Larry is presently in/out of hospital having some work done to his leg. I think he will be out of circulation for another week or two. In the mean time Kenneth is holding the fort (probably without e-mail.)

Regards,
Arnulf
zucac
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby zucac » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:37 am

try paul ZULU1 0829609242
He has got some.
Tobie
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Tobie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:03 am

Kennith always very helpful!
Playing Planes.
ZU-BCW / ZU-BOC
Aerotrike / Challenger
andreb
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby andreb » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Try Paul Lintott (ZULU1). You will not get better service, value for money and equipment. IMHO from experience....gave up on Buzzcom ages ago due to problems and their inability to solve them.
Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints

Non scholae sed vitae discimus
Cali
Survived second engine out
Survived second engine out

Postby Cali » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:15 am

I can not comment on Buzzcom's service or products, but I just took over an Airmagic system (Zulu1 aka Paul Lintott) from Cloud Warrior. Great stuff. Paul has not made 1c out of me, but when I sent him a PM with a question about the intercom compatibility with my radio, he replied straight away. Not only did he give me some good advice on how to fix the problem myself, he also offered to have it fixed for me if I can't do it myself. The problem is not with his gear but with mine, but he will fix it. vhpy

I have not seen service like that in a looong time. O yea and the quality and workmanship is of top top standard. Thanks again Paul. (^^) (^^) (^^)

PS: Thanks Cloud Warrior for selling the system to me. (^^) (^^) (^^)
Airborne Edge X
32-4331
"BLUEY"
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:53 am

I have a Buzzcom on DVE and an Airmagic on WUO.

Airmagic is better, and besides, backup service outstanding. Can't say the same for Buzzcom.
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby pietmeyer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:39 am

I have a Buzzcom system on my pplane and am not too happy. Service is bad and you can never find anybody to reply on your emails. Try phonning but never get an answer. I had to send my stuff in for repaires at another company. Workmanship on my system is not good at all. I saw the quality and heard the clarity of the Air Magig system and it seems like this is the way to go.
Somebody at ourclub also bought a helmet from Lafe. It costs the same as the Buzzcom helmets but are half the weight and looks great.
Piet Meyer
Jabi J400 ZU-DUU (Wonderboom)
Chris van Eeden
Signed up at flight school

Postby Chris van Eeden » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Larry's system is home grown, very robust and I am very satisfied with it.

Larry had to sacrifice a lot when he went to the world Champs in the Czech Republic last year - at the same time his brother resigned from Buzzcom and Kenneth (who was the technician at the time) had to and still runs the fort.

Larry is one of the few people in Microlighting who selflessly gave a lot to our sport - has has organised various regional comps and even the Nationals a few times to mention but a few.

I admit Buzzcom may be having a hickup or two at present, but I for one will keep on supporting them out of principle. I know Larry does not expect anything back for the effort he has put into our sport but I would like to ask you pilots out there to keep his inputs in mind - be patient and rather phone them direct if you want to buy or have repairs done.

Loyalty it seems, is very scarce these days.

Chris
Jetman
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Jetman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:47 pm

Well said Chris. My support to Larry and Buzzcom. Cheers Skin
ZU-FDE Apollo Delta Jet
ZU-IHK Sling
ONE LIFE....LIVE IT
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Cloud Warrior » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:12 am

I have only ever had to contact Buzzcom once wrt a problem with my intercom - it was quality not performance related - the issue was resolved quickly and efficiently.

I prefer the system over others on the market for the following reasons a) it allows me to connect normal GA headsets to it, b) it is built like a brick s#$@house, c) I can "tune" the thing & d) I don't have to dismantle headsets to replace batteries (sorry but this is a pet hate of mine).

I will also stick with Buzzcom.
Solowings Aquilla
32-4817
White Gum Farm, Western Australia
atom
First solo

Postby atom » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Just be aware that Larry has undergone a leg operation and so his priority is to recover which will take in access of between 6 and 9 months. I believe if he is aware of a problem someone has with their buzzcom system he will attend to it. Kenneth does a real good work there,being alone, but i am sure he will have problems tackling incoming queries and emails. As one would say, business is business and there is no excuses for poor service delivery,so If there is anyone out there who has got those issues please contact Larry yet again and i am sure he has got some more time now to answer emails and phone calls.
Regards
Andy