Engine stolen at Contemanskloof

Matters of general interest
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Engine stolen at Contemanskloof

Postby Morph » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:07 pm

I heard that a brand new 582 engine was stolen out of a Koala at Contemanskloof. This engine hasn't even run yet. The thief cut the engine mounts to remove the engine.

Additionally other planes were broken into and instrument panels stolen.

I'll find out the serial numbers and publish them here and with CAA. If anyone tries to sell you these spares please notify the authoritise

Bastards :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Agent
The Boss
The Boss

Postby The Agent » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:40 pm

Sorry to see boet and the worst is onlt the ally will be sold for dop & dam.

They had that at Heidelberg as well.
Empty Toy Box
Busy Arranging for new toy.
Graham Cooper
ICEMAN
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:15 pm

Where is a cop at an airfield when u need one....... :twisted:

Morph- do you think it was an "insider" ie someone who has a specific need for a 582....... or just a "opportunist" looking for something worth something ie.......
ZU-CPW..... t/bird mk2
Hoedspruit Civil Airfield
Hangar 8
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:20 pm

:evil: NOTHING is sacred anymore. Someone probably needed the bloody thing for it`s crakshaft. Those CT boytjies is VERY pissed off. This thief had better step softly IF he still values his life. Me? If someone did this to my plane and I catch the fuccer? BUSH LAW. :twisted: :evil: :evil:
skidmark
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby skidmark » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Lived in the States for a short while. In the old days these blokes didn't see the cop shop. First tree and a rope. You hear these stories of dragging a bloke around with a bakkie and a rope? Just do it taxing up and down the the runway. .....Then take off! :x :evil: :twisted:
SOAB! Welcome to the new SA! We can only look up from here. Would really be nice to actually catch this mf and administer the punishment...bush law. Could be the 300 hour crank issue? Real desperation.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 am

Engine & instruments?

Sounds like someone that's building, rebuilding or renovating something!

This we don't need in our circles!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Bennie Vorster
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Bennie Vorster » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:43 pm

I sure hope this guy will do the right thing while he want to fly legal and get the crank checked on 300 hours, and change plugs on 25 hours, or did he take the manual with. :?: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Or maybe he was just hungry.

May some one tie the block around his neck and throw him of a plane if they find him or put his face threw a prop. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Growing old is far more dangerous than flying !!!
Bennie Vorster
083 277 5110
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Definately sounds like the person knew what to look for :shock:

May his / her fingers turn to Fish hooks whenever he / she gets an itch !
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Wagenaar
Thinking of flying

Postby Wagenaar » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:25 pm

I'm Gerrit Wagenaar, unfortunate owner of the Koala (ZS - VTN) from which the brand spanking new 582 (painstakingly installed over months) by Tommy Coupe, was stolen. After ground runs only one circuit was thusfar flown by the 582. Yes, the similarly brand new instrument panel in its entirety, was also taken by the thief(s). Access to the hangar was gained by forcing open a corrugated iron panel at the back of the hangar. Exit from the hangar (with loot) was possible after opening the hangar door from the inside. My Venter trailer was also stolen as was the aeroplane's seat covers, fire extinguisher and the airplane external cloth covers (dark blue with red trim on one of the three covers). Believe it or not, my entire range of cleaning stuff (Sunlight Liquid, Handy Andy, Mr Min, hand wash as well as air filter cleaner and -oil) also did not miss the cut!
Both my neighbours were also not spared. Here the thieves scored a transponder, entire instrument panel, flight suit and rubber duck engine.
Three planes (including mine) suffered loss of their batteries. My property was not insured - apart from the trailer.
Thank you for all of you out there who shared your disgust and for your support.
Any assistance in terms of nailing these bastards will be seriously appreciated. The Rotax 582 is a "blue top" model and thus relatively easily recognizable. Please report anything even vaguely suspicious.
Gerrit Wagenaar - gw@wc-hr.co.za / 084 20 67 448
German
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby German » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 pm

Sometime somewhere someone is going to do something wrong by speaking, suddenly flying with new engine/instruments etc. The light aircraft flying community is small and all speak and look.
Hope it happens soon.
Makes you scared to do fly inns-your gps.radio,headsets etc.
salem
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby salem » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Next time any Conti boys or Morningstar guys fly over the DuNoon township, see if you can spot the '...dark blue with red trim external cloth covers...'. If you do, drop a f@#$%&g bomb on the bastards. Gerrit, you should also pay a visit to all Cash Converter shops in the Table View/Parklands/Montague Gardens areas :evil:
ZS-VFZ
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Cloud Warrior » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:28 am

I would be looking at recently modified jetskis (or similar) rather than other planes..............

A pilot would know that our community is too small to get away with something like this.

Unless it was done purely for scrap value.
Solowings Aquilla
32-4817
White Gum Farm, Western Australia
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Sorry about the loss

Postby ZULU1 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:27 am

As the rest of the forum is just as angry as you are. We have had several break ins in Ballito. Batteries are first to go.

Anyway up until now we have never serial numbered our products, kept a log yes. From Monday everything will get a serial number. Helps a bit with a track down.

Zulu1
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Bennie Vorster
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Sorry about the loss

Postby Bennie Vorster » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:24 pm

ZULU1 wrote:As the rest of the forum is just as angry as you are. We have had several break ins in Ballito. Batteries are first to go.

Anyway up until now we have never serial numbered our products, kept a log yes. From Monday everything will get a serial number. Helps a bit with a track down.

Zulu1
Good Idea. :wink: for what it might be worth.

Maybe it is a syndicate. Suppose the rubber duck motor would be for own use. :evil:
Growing old is far more dangerous than flying !!!
Bennie Vorster
083 277 5110
kraaines
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

What?

Postby kraaines » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:40 pm

sorry 4 the loss! just keep an eye out at the fuelpumps for a thirsty oversized Flymo probably with more than one operator. hopefully it will bite them first! Buggars