Engine stolen at Contemanskloof

Matters of general interest
Aerosan
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Aerosan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:38 am

This is sad guys :evil: what is the country coming to :?: If this is indeed flyers who stole they should be shot. Personally I think it is affirmative...........
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Ranger
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Ranger » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:31 am

If the barstard who stole the parts intend to install them in an aeroplane it's the one time when you wish the f&%$*r ploughs nose first into the ground in a remote area, breaks both his legs and lies there for days wondering why this has happened to him. This is not on.
If the theft was for scrap, there are a few scrapmetal dealers in my area and i will go and see them all and ask them to let me know if anything turns up.
:evil: This sorta nonsense gets my blood boiling. :evil: s067
I sometimes get confused............But i'm not sure
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:46 am

Hi Gerrit,

could you please post the serial numbers of the engine and instruments here. Also notify CAA incase this doos tries to register the engine in his own aircraft.

Once done I will notify the entire WCMC, all the flying schools and all the AP's to be on the lookout.

We are going to take these Mofo's out by the twingleberries :twisted: :twisted: s067
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:51 am

Not for scrap Ranger.... very specific items stolen - eg. Transponder, instruments. Very specific newly redone engine taken - out of curiosity....

Any props taken?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:53 am

Not newly redone, Brand New :twisted: :twisted:

Not sure if the prop was taken as well, if so this serial number too please
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:54 am

But in hindsight.....

What if the bliksem is building an aircraft for someone else not knowing better and this oke prangs with an innocent pax?

No, No the MF & assistants must be stripped naked and bloody well chased through a Hak en Steek bosveld - Like old terr style!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:58 am

bury them in sand with just their faces and gonads sticking out. Then apply liberal amounts of honey, and introduce them to a family of red ants :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ranger
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Ranger » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:18 am

No, No the MF & assistants must be stripped naked and bloody well chased through a Hak en Steek bosveld - Like old terr style!
Tied to the mudguard of a Casspir and go bundu bashing. You're left with just the rope in the end.
I sometimes get confused............But i'm not sure
Woody
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Woody » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:41 am

This is blind 8)
That is a loss of note,ive been running this event through over and over as well as the logistical implications,not even thinking on the legal.
1)If with big letters IF the culprit is a aviation sycho like all of us he/she
will know that the serial numbers will reach CAA.
2)Taking a motor boat engin....that is convlict of iterest....is there a 300 hour on that?.
3)Instruments...nice shiny objects for the desh...eish
4)Now the brain tikkler ....the old cleaning stuff.How many has help in and around the house a few times a week.What does the softness say to you when she gets home...."lovie did you take a five liter dish washing liquid,a bottle handy andy and of cause 3 kg of sugar to the airfield......i can't find anything and bought it last week.
EISCH :?: :idea: :shock: vhpy
So what - wood can also fly!
Bacchus
Flying low - mind the power lines
Flying low - mind the power lines

Postby Bacchus » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:04 pm

DISGUSTING.
AT Wintervogel we all have the utmost respect for each others aircraft and IF you have to handle them in any way ( moving, shifting etc) you do it with utmost care. I am sure the scenario was the same at Conti's and even Morningstar. BUT you do get the odd visitor, new guy whatever and THAT is the one who checks around with an evil eye.
It is very sad indeed for something like this to happen to anybody who care for and love their planes.
May the guilty party ROT somewhere.
ZU-GFC COBRA
IceAge
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby IceAge » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Hope you get hold of the culprit/s very soon and then fasten their 'gonnas' in a vice and leave them a 'blunt' knife to do the rest themselves seeing as their hands are up to no good in any case........ s067
Caught a dream............

Windlass Aquilla
Thunderbird MKII
Savannah VG
Snoopy7
Found a flight school

Postby Snoopy7 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Om weer van hierdie tipe nuus te verneem in vlieg sirkels is bekommerend....

As die m*er gevind word, vat hom vir 'n scenic vlug oor Valsbaai en laat hom van die eiland af terugswem :twisted:

Gerrit, jammer om van jou verlies te hoor. :(
3wheels
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby 3wheels » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi Gerrit,

Really sorry to hear about this incident. Have you had any positive leads ?

A good idea to contact Cash crusaders / converters and give them the details, I know of a situation where they assisted in arresting a criminal gang who stole my colleague' camera kit and lenses ( they are also serial numbered)

Goog luck and lets hope for the best.

May those MF ' ers who stole your stuff die a painfull agonising death !!
ZU-"Charlie"YV
grostek
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby grostek » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:22 am

Very sad to read this thread.

Many years ago as a young man in Rhodesia a friend of my father's was arrested for using excesive force during a burglary at his house.

After having been burgled 12 times he rigged a spring loaded guilotine blade on the inside of a nice low window that was the entry point in all the burglaries.

Result when Mr. Burglar stepped through the window he stepped on to a pressure plate which released the spring loaded guilotine blade and made a real mess of the burglars leg.

Excessive? Depends on how many times you have been burgled.

Oh after paying a large fine he lived in that house very happily with ZERO burglaries.

Seems the word had spread that the house was not a soft target anymore.

Now that is the whole point , we must stop being soft targets.

Gunter Rostek
Boer
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Boer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:15 am

I have been flying from Panorama for about 5 years and have never lost anything, I never used to lock my car when going flying, until my wallet and cellphone was stolen out of my car. I was not the first one to lose my wallet and a GPS was stolen out of someones car. The thieves were seen driving into the airfield and seen driving out 2 minutes later. They had a buying spree of R1200 at the local bottle store with my credit card 20 minutes after driving out of the airfield grounds. My autobank card was used at various ATM's using my pin that was not even known to me as this was my flying savings account,never used - The bank denied that someone can read your pin from your card and use it to draw money from an ATM.
TIMES HAVE CHANGED, WHATEVER SYSTEMS ARE PUT INTO PLACE FOR SECURITY THE BASTARDS WILL BYPASS.

I HOPE YOU GET YOUR ENGINE BACK ALTHOUGH I WOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT THEY HAVE DONE WITH IT BEFORE I FLY WITH IT AGAIN.
ZS WOA (Meisie Ferguson)
Ploegskaar No. 1