Van Zyl Aviation

Matters of general interest
Cloud Warrior
Top Gun
Top Gun

Van Zyl Aviation

Postby Cloud Warrior » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:25 pm

I would like to publicly thank Hannes Van Zyl of Van Zyl Aviation for all the extra trouble he took to get my aircraft deregistered in SA after the SACAA "lost" my original registration documents somewhere during processing.

I have always had superb service from Van Zyl Aviation and would recommend all other MPLs out there to make use of their services - saves you a lot of stress and grey hairs. =D*

As for the CAA - I think your service sucks! :evil:
Moonraker
Pre flight checks done

Postby Moonraker » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:42 pm

I agree,

I have always used Collette van Zyl's services from Van Zyl Aviation and have always got good service and very quick turn around times. Give them a call and they'll tell you exactly what's required and all the forms necassary. Well done guys, the CAA could learn a thing or two from you. =D*
Aquilla II
ZU-CXC
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:23 pm

Ditto (^^) (^^)
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Agreed - it's nearly ATF time for me again.

Postby John Young » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:50 am

Agreed - it's nearly ATF time for me again - Collette van Zyl's services will be used again. !!!!

Regards
John ZU-CIB
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:24 am

:D Dankie Colette en Hannes. Sonder julle hulp was ek lank al hel toe :!: :D :D :D :D (^^)
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:29 am

I agree, superb service with a smile, has saved me lots of time and frustration !

Thanks !
Rudi
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:06 am

Sorry guys cannot agree.

They are merely taking advantage of those of us who are not living in JHB. We should not have to use a 3rd party who has connections at CAA to get things processed.

I also got to thinking that these 3rd parties were getting greedy. Our club used to make use of services as described, and when we began sending more work their way they said that they would have to increase our cost per licenese/ATF as we were sending them more :o Normally one gets bulk discounts - not penalised for sending more work.

We now have an arrangement and Service level agreement in place with CAA and we receive the same turn around time as we did using the a 3rd party service. And best of all we pay no more than the standard published fee. :lol:
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Van Zyls...

Postby John Boucher » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:14 am

Well,

Critiscsm is always good and maybe the crowd at Van Zyls could comment or take heed? However, if it was not for them, my aerie would still be on the ground waiting for SACAA to wake up....

I have always made use of their services and until proved otherwise, will continue doing so!

BAD NAV
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Biggles
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Biggles » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:29 pm

They get a big thumbs up from me. Its a pleasure to work with someone who so obviously knows what they are doing and are efficient about it.

I don't think its fair putting them down with regards to 3rd party being needed to get something done. Its more a reflection on the CAA.

Personally think that my time is money and dealing with bureaucrats I charge triple time...
Trike pilot

Aerotrike Scout
ZU-DNP
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:07 pm

Biggles wrote:I don't think its fair putting them down with regards to 3rd party being needed to get something done. Its more a reflection on the CAA.
100% Biggles and this was the crux of the argument that I took to CAA when discussing it with them. This is what led us to receiving what is now an equivalent service from CAA with no 3rd party (or extra fee) required.
CHARLIE WHISKEY
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Van Zyl AV.

Postby CHARLIE WHISKEY » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:22 am

My thanks and AERODEN FLIGHT SCHOOL for setting up our needs.
Good service , and advice.
Still doing bussness and would like to keep it that way in future.

Thanks Hannes ^*^^
Cheers
Fueled by Faith.
ZS-VMP
ZU-BBR
ZU-CMS
ZS-WFT
ZU-FGR
ZU-CTS
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:24 am

I agree that their services should not be required if CAA did their job. I personally use my daughter up in jhb to handle the CAA stuff but she still get's pushed around. It took them 2 weeks to process the paperwork for my BB's registration :twisted:

For the enterprising Van Zyls who have recognised this shortcoming and provide an unfortunatly neccessary service, good for you, this is a free market afterall
Greg Perkins
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

CAA

Postby ZULU1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:07 pm

I must agree that Collette is a star, but this time I happened to be in Jhb, so thought I would give it a try.

Wow what service at the CAA, renewed licence and authority to fly, polite and helpful and out in 45 mins !!

I will still use Collette when not in person though.

eish Zulu1
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Flightstar
First solo

Postby Flightstar » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:10 pm

Van Zyl's is the way to go for me.

I used to attend to my aircraft registration, ATF and license renewals myself, but have now reached the point where I am not prepared to waste more of my time at the CAA's offices. One should not generalise though. Andre Swanepoel for instance ,has always rendered proper , friendly and prompt service, but in my own experience that kind of service is kind of rare in other departments.

When I registered my plane some 6 months ago, I had to spend two full days in the CAA's offices before I had the precious registration certificate in my hand. And no, I did'nt go there with incomplete paper work etc, which may have created the delays...........

When it came to the stage of the proving flight,I mailed the documents to Hannes and Collette, transferred payment electronically,and three days later had the authorisation in my posession. No frustration and no grey hairs.

I found their fees to be very reasonable as well. :lol:

As far as a service level agreement with the CAA is concerned, I cant see why one has to go to those lengths to receive the level of service that one is in any case entitled to and is paying for as well. :x :shock:
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Flightstar wrote:As far as a service level agreement with the CAA is concerned, I cant see why one has to go to those lengths to receive the level of service that one is in any case entitled to and is paying for as well. :x :shock:
My point exactly. But now instead of helping fix the problem, we are paying someone to do a work around.

It does also beg a question as to how a 3rd party is able to get it processed quicker than an individual. Are they receiving preferential treatment?

One wonders why the likes of MISASA/Aero Club did not take on becoming the 3rd party and offering say 1 piece of paperwork for free per annum and the second at a fraction of the current costs. Lost opportunity for them to offer as service to encourage more membership.

Anyway, once RAFSA/RAASA comes into being, at least the neccessity of a 3rd party will disappear.