What do you fly Gubby?
Aquilla II ZU-DJS
Wingfield - 124.8
Jean van der Riet
Thinking of flying

Re: Welcome to the Microlight Forum

Postby Jean van der Riet » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi guys .

Glad to be here . My name is jean van der Riet from Sabie and i work for Working on Fire as ( commercial workshop manager ) and an avid LSA enthusiast . I am also the Lowveld & Limpopo correspondent for SA Flyer magazine and i am trying to get GA , LSA and Micro's getting some long overdue coverage in the mag .

Regards ,

Jean
I call them like i see them !
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:53 am

Jean van der Riet wrote:Hi guys .

Glad to be here . My name is jean van der Riet from Sabie and i work for Working on Fire as ( commercial workshop manager ) and an avid LSA enthusiast . I am also the Lowveld & Limpopo correspondent for SA Flyer magazine and i am trying to get GA , LSA and Micro's getting some long overdue coverage in the mag .

Regards ,

Jean
Jean,welcome to "our" world.
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
Jean van der Riet
Thinking of flying

Postby Jean van der Riet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:53 am

nicow wrote:

Regards ,

Jean
tx a lot
Jean van der Riet
Thinking of flying

Postby Jean van der Riet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am

Jean van der Riet wrote:
nicow wrote:

Regards ,

Jean
tx a lot , where is your school and contact details ?
Wingover1
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Wingover1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Dis baie sad om te sien dat die laaste ou wat die Forum ge join het was in September laas jaar :?:
ZU - ATE Windlass 503
ZU - CHG Aquilla 582
ZU - BAJ Bushbaby
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:53 am

Wingover1 wrote:Dis baie sad om te sien dat die laaste ou wat die Forum ge join het was in September laas jaar :?:
It is sad...but it seems most folk are content to do their chatting on Whatsapp and have no further use for this forum or other public platforms...?

Cant blame the guys...its more practical and popular for sure. I just feel that has the tendency to isolate groups instead of growing them...but who cares what I think? ^

One thing is for sure.... I would never have learnt as much as I did in the beginning (when I first started flying) if this forum did not exist!

The die hards will keep it alive I'm sure! (^^) vhpy
Wingover1
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Wingover1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi Bundy.

It is so true what you are saying by groups being isolated because you have the Microland guys on a whatsupp group you have the x Winds and the Kroon guys and the the Margate group of 2016 and so on. Hope fully the guys will get gatvol of just hearing the same stories from the same people all the time. :roll:
ZU - ATE Windlass 503
ZU - CHG Aquilla 582
ZU - BAJ Bushbaby
Bandit
Slow starter

Postby Bandit » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Hello Everyone!

New here....have been reading a lot on this forum....trying to make myself wise.....hahahaha

My first microlight flight was a few years ago. Someone that worked with me took me up for a "spin" then I wanted to do a ppl......read a lot on aviation in the meantime............but since life took over and did not have any chance to take my dream further..........times changed now and I realised that the microlight route is my favourite .....it happened when I was lying on the beach in Shaka's Rock recently and seeing the microlights fly over and I remembered that first flight.......would now like to go for my medical after getting into better shape...hahahaha

Still have a ton of questions though!
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Welcome Bandit... just shout if you need advice or have to be pointed in a direction :-)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Rynovdz
Signed up at flight school

Postby Rynovdz » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:28 am

good day all, I know this is a stone in the pond but has anyone heard of a challenger 2 clipped wing reg : AFF flying around? it used to belong to my father a few years back and it is also the same chally I got my MPL on. I want to know who has it now. or can someone direct me to the correct forum to find this aerie?
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:16 am

Hi Ryno

Welcome to Microlighters. This is all I could find.

QUAD CITY INCORPORATED CHALLENGER SPECIAL II
COETZEE M

YEAR OF MANUFACTURE: 1993
SERIAL NUMBER: CH20191CW0625
OWNERSHIP DATE: 2011-11-04
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
freddievanrooyen@yahoo.com
JvTonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby JvTonder » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi guys how do you edit your avatar pic? Went to profile and edit avatar but does not want to upload pic, keeps saying it's 1600X1200 pixels doesn't matter what the actual size off the pic is. Yes I did resize to specified size, even smaller.
Flying feeds the soul!
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:28 pm

JvTonder wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:25 pm
Hi guys how do you edit your avatar pic? Went to profile and edit avatar but does not want to upload pic, keeps saying it's 1600X1200 pixels doesn't matter what the actual size off the pic is. Yes I did resize to specified size, even smaller.
Hi, the quickest way would be to open your original pic, use snipping tool and cut the pic, then save the snipped image. It should save in the correct size and format puff

I normally use pixresizer if I have more than one pic as you can change the width and height vhpy

Hope this helps ##

(^^)
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
JvTonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby JvTonder » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:26 am

Madman wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:28 pm
JvTonder wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:25 pm
Hi, the quickest way would be to open your original pic, use snipping tool and cut the pic, then save the snipped image. It should save in the correct size and format puff

I normally use pixresizer if I have more than one pic as you can change the width and height vhpy

Hope this helps ##

(^^)
Hi like i said i did resize the image, even smaller than required. Will try again thanks.
Flying feeds the soul!