Trike pilot work pportunity

Matters of general interest
Cygnet Stone
Heard about flying

Re: Trike pilot work pportunity

Postby Cygnet Stone » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:37 am

I think you’ve got it all wrong Greg. The original poster, David, is not looking for work, he is looking to hire someone to fly a trike. Secondly, the idea of working in Kenya doing whale shark spotting wouldn’t be much of an earner. The “season” this year ran from mid February and will finish mid March. Not much time to earn money. You are correct in that they use a trike for it, yet this makes no sense at all as it would be better suited to use a gyro or fixed wing. Primarily because there is no cross wind runway here and the wind is across the runway by lunch time. Thermic and crosswind. I should also point out that in Kenya the minimal qualification to fly is a group A PPL. To work in Kenya in any form a permit is required and of course to work as a pilot a CPL is required and you must work under a company’s Air Operators Certificate. Finally, there are no police operating LSA. They are using only helicopters. The Kenya Wildlife Authority has resisted a consideration to use gyros as they are accustomed to using Super Cubs.
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby greg vos » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:10 am

CS thanks for that update, much appreciated.
I’m December a mate if mine was there to assemble a new Cavalon (himself from the British air wing police Heli decision)
He is a gyro CFI and trained an owner on the new Cavelon, he mentioned to me that there were talks to use a gyro.
In a few of the pics in the hanger during assembly of the cavelon I do recall a AS350 in the background.

I feel guilty for hijacking this employment thread, but am richer in knowledge from you both for it (^^)

If I may ask why are you not using gyroplane?
They are used in a number of complex mill type operations in countries like Saudi, Jordan, Qatar, and for tourist flying In Dubai, Nepal, to mention a few.

I was contacted by a airline jock who operates out of Vic Falls his intention is to use gyro for tourist flights mentioning your exact observations that they are very capable in windy conditions.
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot
greg vos
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby greg vos » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:38 am

Cygnet Stone wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:37 am
The Kenya Wildlife Authority has resisted a consideration to use gyros as they are accustomed to using Super Cubs.
This company seems to be using the M24 with great results in Kenya :?: Great video of the Magni in this link, I am not convinced all the operators who use Gyro in Kenya hold a CPL? I know for one my mate the CFI that went there to train the owner on the new AG Cavelon certainly does not have a CPL or a PPL (any longer)
Anyway CS thanks for your heads up much appreciated I will now go TIBA on this thread and I trust that a suitable trike Pilot will find this opportunity. Lamercyfly again my apologies for the hijack.

https://www.facebook.com/gyrocopyersken ... 698283274/

https://www.facebook.com/gyrocopyerskenya1/
PPL (A)
PPL (H)
CFI Gyro & Test Pilot