Why Low-Flying is Simply Not Worth the Risks!

Matters of general interest
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Broederstroom (Magaliesberg) - home airstrip Aeroden

Why Low-Flying is Simply Not Worth the Risks!

Postby John.com » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:19 am

This video should make you think twice about low-flying. The pilot is VERY lucky to have survived.

The accident is at 3:40

Keep it safe guys!

youtu.be/
John Comley
ZU-BST (the Beautiful Seductive Temptress)
Magaliesberg, South Africa
Read my flying blog here . . . http://johncomley.blogspot.com/

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Why Low-Flying is Simply Not Worth the Risks!

Postby Dish » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:49 am

He was more than lucky to survive, he was lucky to have all his limbs and be able to co-ordinate them in a manner that allows movement.

Years ago, at the start of my license, my instructor asked me to point out the big red button in the cockpit marked "impress". After a short while of looking I said that I couldn't find it. He said, "that's right, there is no button to push that will allow you to impress people" - "leave it out of the cockpit".
That accident happened for one reason. The pilot was soo focused on impressing the train driver that all reason and logic left the area. Several times in the video he was in super close proximity to the train either next to it or in front of it that the train driver must have been going "Phoooaaaa that's awesome." All fine until someone loses a trike. That oke must have felt like the most incredibly big @sshat.
RV9
DISH